SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#254372 - 02/05/09 02:07 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - NY Feb 22nd 2009. Open to the public!!
leezone Offline

but won't the Roland G-80 be out in 2010 ?? :-)

#254373 - 02/05/09 02:08 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - NY Feb 22nd 2009. Open to the public!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
LOL, Donny... you don't give up, do you?

Anyway, just to get symmetry (this would have been SO much simpler if AJ had made ONE thread for both appearances - divide and conquer, eh, AJ? ), my main comment about the 'unfinished' issue is this (from the other thread);

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I guess, at this time, it simply remains to question WHAT is 'half-finished' on the Audya..? I am still unconvinced, after so much complicated work has been done on the MIDI section to fill in the gaps in the chord audio selection, but perhaps if I'm wrong, you could squelch that here and now?

I am also concerned for our European brethren. Why was it necessary to get an agreement to NOT ship unfinished units here in the US? Why would Ketron even consider doing this anywhere else? I can only say, were I a European customer, I would for now insist on a 'no restocking fee' deal with any dealer I buy one from, in case necessary upgrades to basic features don't appear in a timely manner (or work poorly).

Oh, and Ted... will US customers REALLY be allowed to actually PLAY the Audya at the "Fiesta'?

#254374 - 02/05/09 02:12 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - NY Feb 22nd 2009. Open to the public!!
leezone Offline

Diki asked a good question...

will WE, the future buyers be able to test out this AUDYA ay the clinic?

AJ?

#254375 - 02/05/09 09:40 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - NY Feb 22nd 2009. Open to the public!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Diki asked a good question...

will WE, the future buyers be able to test out this AUDYA ay the clinic?

AJ?

Well at least you can see it & hear it isn't that enough until its released way down the road & then you can buy one take it home & explore it?

#254376 - 02/05/09 10:05 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - NY Feb 22nd 2009. Open to the public!!
Diki Offline

If the factory demonstrator refuses to play anything but major and minor chords (I saw the Jam video), no, you are NOT going to be able to tell anything...

Hands on is the only way.

#254377 - 02/06/09 06:59 AM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - NY Feb 22nd 2009. Open to the public!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
If the factory demonstrator refuses to play anything but major and minor chords (I saw the Jam video), no, you are NOT going to be able to tell anything...

Hands on is the only way.

Diki it sounds like such a simple request? Dont they think the first one to play it will see immediately if it recognizes these chords? Is that why no one is allowed to try it at the demos?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-06-2009).]

#254378 - 02/06/09 07:07 AM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - NY Feb 22nd 2009. Open to the public!!
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
If Ketron offers an Audya module, I'll be happy with only major, minor, seventh and diminished chord recognition.
Ciao

#254379 - 02/06/09 07:41 AM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - NY Feb 22nd 2009. Open to the public!!
uxt150 Offline

Loc: brooklyn ny usa
Members

Diki.. The reason I posted it on both threads is I mistakenly put it on the Fort Wayne thread first and this posting pertains to the NY Jam (RON Crites) playing so I added it to the NY thread.

By the way Diki my name is Ted Kraus I am the owner of CMC Distributors which now are the importers for the Ketron brand (you keep referring to me as AJ).

On your questions about how the Audya handles the chords I would say to you that you are asking a question about a work in progress meaning 95% of the chords are complete now a few still need work on and it is silly for me to answer the detail of how it will work when it goes into production,Being Ketron has made quality arranger keyboards for so many years and never had an issue on its chord progressions on the completed ready to sell instruments(though I am a bit surprised on the reason you guys are focusing on this non completed issue).Why not rather comment on the 95% that are ready which if is not playing properly needs to be revisited by Ketron(that is the reason they sent one here).

Also you need not to read so deeply into my comment about them not shipping to the U.S. market an incomplete product what I meant is that I told them that I want it to be released first in Italy and have there local musicians use it for a while to see if there are any bugs (which can happen) before releasing it here(This is not about an incomplete issue its about an bug issue)

Lee..

AJ will start his demo about 12:30 and will be showing it off all day.

You need not worry about having all the chords working before we take this item to market.

One more issue I would like to discuss is there have been many question on the price structure for Ketron yes there are other brands that have more bells and whistles then ours but realize that the bigger expense of an arranger is creating quality voices and styles which Ketron prides itself on ( I personally wish that they would put more electronics into there units it is a good marketing tool), But I most say that there are few people who play a Ketron and complain on the sounds, I do not at this time know the price but i hope that it will be reasonable for all its features.

Ted Kraus - KETRON Sales Manager
CMC Distributors, Inc,
1510 Bath Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11228
Tel (800) 554-5982 (718) 232-6436
Fax (718) 232-6453 email TedCMC@aol.com www.KETRON.com

#254380 - 02/06/09 02:33 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - NY Feb 22nd 2009. Open to the public!!
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Thanks Ted for addressing some issues, I hope to meet you again at the Brooklyn festa. see you there.......

#254381 - 02/06/09 03:02 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - NY Feb 22nd 2009. Open to the public!!
Diki Offline

Actually, Ted, when I was addressing AJ, I WAS addressing AJ (KetronAJ) as he has been the main poster connected with Ketron posting here so far (would that you had jumped in here a lot earlier)...

Also, I'm sorry, but if the audio feature is 95% complete, but 60% of the chords are still missing, that math doesn't add up. Please state for the record here and now if audio loops on all the guitar tracks are going to include dim, aug and sus without resorting to MIDI tricks (in other words, if they are entirely different audio loops)... Maj, min and a few 7ths don't cut it, IMO. Maj, min, sus, dim, aug and 7th are the VERY minimum this feature needs to not be severely compromised by switching in and out MIDI guitar patterns. And the fact that this ability has been developed kind of points to it's 'finished' nature, doesn't it?

Two and a half out of six basic chords (that cannot be made by modifying - by MIDI addition to - another chord) ain't 95% by ANYONE'S math

Ketron have NEVER used audio for chords before, There is NO back record of this function for any kind of 'proof' of it's ability to work now. MIDI and audio chords are utterly different beasts. Competency on one has nothing to do with the other. Sorry...

And, also sorry, but don't Ketron have competent beta testers for the unit to not have to be released to Italian customers, and have them pay through the nose for the privilege of beta testing the product for them? Like I said, were I an early adopter in Europe, I would INSIST on at least a six month 100% money back guarantee, should any of these 'bugs' and issues like the chords which are 'half-promised' to work fully in the final product fail to be fixed either timely or well (or at all).

To be honest, I am surprised that Italian dealers are willing to sell a product knowing it hasn't been completed. I applaud your caution (probably needed in the litigious US ) but I wouldn't have thought anyone else is willing to sell beta units in today's economy... Very brave, IMO...

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online