Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#254105 - 01/27/09 05:39 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

You've hyped that piano so much, that you dare not admit it has a flaw.

You mean, like you and the S900?

Unlike you and PSR world, the Roland-Arranger forum is FULL of flaws that I have discovered and posted about. The piano sound is NOT one of them. Neither has anyone else. I guess we are ALL deaf

Let's make this scientific...

Hands up anyone OTHER than Ian, who thinks that the G70 main piano is 'uneven'...

#254106 - 01/27/09 05:57 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Let's make this scientific...

Hands up anyone OTHER than Ian, who thinks that the G70 main piano is 'uneven'...

Oh come on Diki...after all the hype you dished out about the piano, do you really expect anyone to dispute your claims, only to be shredded by your rapier wit?

And then there will be those who have to defend their purchase.

Let's make this scientific...hah...what a joke.

About as scientific as professional wrestling.

Ian

#254107 - 01/27/09 06:21 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I brought up my age because I know Donny is older than me and your statement soubds like you are challenging Donny ability...
And it caught me off guard... Here in the US, the term "son" sounds degrading and not to be used, particularily when they are older than you....

The kick ass comment was out of frustration of all the pissing that you have with people.. To me the PSRS900 is not in the same league as PA2X , G70 or my SD1...

But I do apologize for my comment..it was not necessary...

#254108 - 01/27/09 07:04 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
I brought up my age because I know Donny is older than me and your statement soubds like you are challenging Donny ability...
And it caught me off guard... Here in the US, the term "son" sounds degrading and not to be used, particularily when they are older than you....

The kick ass comment was out of frustration of all the pissing that you have with people.. To me the PSRS900 is not in the same league as PA2X , G70 or my SD1...

But I do apologize for my comment..it was not necessary...

Well, Dan I can be a little quick myself, so if it means anything, I'm sorry if I said anything to upset you.

I'm not saying the PSR-S900 is better than any of those other arrangers...if you get the "gist" of my posts, I am saying it is the best for my needs, and though I am very impressed with it's "bang for the buckness"(if that's a word) it is done out of genuine real time experience with it, both as a demonstrator, and using it as my own personal instrument.

Everyone has a "sound" they want to hear...mine is Yamaha...yours will be another brand or model...neither of us are wrong.

What makes these things belly bumping contests, is the statement that a keyboard or arranger is just "the best".

At what? For who? In what situations?

Ideally we should qualify a little more by adding the answers to one or all of those questions...but sometimes in the heat of a discussion, we forget, and then it becomes a urinating competition, and no one will really win, because egos get bruised, and our intelligence to choose the right product for ourselves gets questioned or made fun of...ah...you know how it goes.

I always say...this place is like one big dysfunctional, but mostly happy, family.

You can call me "son" anytime. I will not be insulted, even though I'm nearly 60 years on this earth....I will feel complimented.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 01-27-2009).]

#254109 - 01/27/09 09:32 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Jerry Reed called everybody son.
DonM

#254110 - 01/28/09 07:09 AM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
The PRO fisherman Roland Martin calls everyone 'SON' and I guarantee you he is not being disrespectful in any way...he's a good ol' boy.

(Yes I have met him personnaly, and he called me 'son' and I was fine with it)

Lee

#254111 - 01/28/09 10:42 AM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Crickets chirping....

#254112 - 01/28/09 12:03 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Jerry who? Jerry Springer?

Tom

#254113 - 01/28/09 12:12 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Interesting...., As Diki has pointed out only ONE person so far has jumped up and said that piano on the G-70 is "inconsistent sounding". What I find so funny about that statement is the same freakin thing applies to ACOUSTIC pianos too...., and yes I've played some shitty Yammie acoustics that too can be considered "inconsistant" within certain ranges. Piano's are mechanical.., many moving parts..., many factors to consider that would contribute to an inconsistent sound on an acoustic too.

If you feel the piano is inconsistent then perhaps it is (to you).., but understand the next time you sit at a real acoustic piano you just might find the same bloody thing happening.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#254114 - 01/28/09 12:41 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
jwyvern Offline

It's quite simple:
Fret noises to add realism to guitars, performer inhales and exhales plus key noises to add realism to saxes,
and inconsistencies to add acoustic realism to Roland pianos, all part of life's rich pattern.

John

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online