Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#254075 - 01/25/09 09:24 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
GAry,
You make some good points for sure...
But sometimes it does get old not being able to get a simple technical question answered by the MFG.

POsts on here just to get a rise or piss someone else off is rediculous.

If you guys want to really see how good a forum can be to help lots of folks out...run on over to our Korg PA site

It's anmazing what's happening..people doing lots of styles and importing and buliding their own DNC sounds etc. People stepping outside the box and learning how to do some really cool things.

The features on that baby are unbelievable!
I'm currently working on my own version of a big Bari sax with lots of low end in it. It's fun!

If you don't care...that's OK too.

Lee

#254076 - 01/26/09 04:01 AM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Look, the only way this gets turned into a pissing contest is by knee jerk members jumping in and going 'how DARE you ask these kinds of questions? What gives you the right to doubt or even speculate about things like this? Surely you should just drop to your knees and worship at the feet or Ketron...' Oh, and my personal favorite... 'Who even CARES about the difference between different chords - if I can't tell the difference between a C6 and a C69, how DARE you?'

As if anyone else is likely to buy one either...

I guess some people don't like their little daydreams punctured by reality...

See, I think the difference must be that I actually EXPECT an arranger to play a C7#9 when I do. Or a Cmin(maj7). Lord knows what all these apologists (this must be a first... fanboy defenders of an arranger that nobody yet owns, and even fewer have played!) expect.

But I guess it simply demonstrates what this forum seems to be all about... All out camped warfare between defenders and critics of our favorite arrangers. Of course, again I have to point out, no-one even HAS one to 'defend'. All I have tried to do is get a straight answer to a salient technical question (salient to all but those who don't even CARE whether the arranger plays the chord YOU played!) from the manufacturers and representatives (seeing as how they are here, posting) and somehow, there are members here who feel duty bound to leap to it's 'defense'

I just don't get it... Doesn't anyone else give a damn whether it plays the chords you tell it to..? I can tell you one thing without the slightest doubt. If my Roland could not play the chords you ask it to, at least Ian and Donny would be all over it. Or a Korg. Why is the Ketron getting a free pass..?

Aren't you all MUSICIANS? You really don't care about what chords the audio plays or not...? Damn! You must be Ketron's target demographic after all...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 01-26-2009).]

#254077 - 01/26/09 04:15 AM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

As if anyone else is likely to buy one either...

10% will say "I'm getting one!"

50% will complain that it's too expensive, heavy, flimsy etc.

30% will say "it doesn't have enough sounds in it, or it doesn't have enough styles available!"

10% will say "maybe I'll get one someday".

Of the 20% who indicated that they might or definitely would purchase, 0.5% will actually do so, yielding total sales of 4 keyboards.

Probably not enough to start an Audya forum.

Ian

#254078 - 01/26/09 04:37 AM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
to the genesys Offline

The problem Diki is that the question was answered.
The audia can play and recognized chord extensions period.
at least that is what was represented by a Ketron representative here on the forum.
But you are the one choosing not to accept the answer.

#254079 - 01/26/09 05:40 AM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
All i can say is that i agree with Travilin and the only people
talking about this is only the people that will never buy AUDYA.
It always works like that, its a rule of nature,
none of my buying customers ever called me and killed
me with questiones about my styles, sounds or whatever.
They just send the payment and wait for the product.
Then there is the others, i dont wanna name them here
on this forum, similar to them...calling 5 times a week,
asking every detail and never buying anything.
I was Moderator on Korgs forums, it was always the same story.
I am involved with Korg Italy, directly or indirectly, same story.
I am involved with Ketron, directly or indirectly...
again is the same story.
And the worst of all is, anytime a new product comes up
its the same exact people ALL OVER BSting on the forums.
In my country they say...
TRYING TO PUT A HANDLE ON AN EGG...

#254080 - 01/26/09 05:42 AM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I agree also with Lee on the Ketrons Tech support issue...
and also with IAN...i bet that next year and also
2 years from now on this forum there will be not more
then 4-5 AUDYA users including me and AJ.
This stories are just wasted time.

#254081 - 01/26/09 05:50 AM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Jimmy Crack Corn......

Eddie

#254082 - 01/26/09 12:29 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Well here goes......

I agree with Diki about the arranger keyboard recognizing the "weird" chords..I play (on purpose)...This is one of the things I appreciate on the G70...I will play in piano recognition...with a jazz style..and the G70 will follow all my sharp ninths and bi-chordal chords..usually like using a style that the guitar part comps these great extended chords...

So I am with Diki..I think this makes a difference...

BTW:I just came from a couple music stores..played some Yamaha, Korg,Casio and Gem arranger keyboards....and much to my surprise..none of the non Roland keyboards played these chord changes very well..I believe the chord recognition on the Roland (G70) is superior....Maybe that is why most folks here don't think it makes any difference playing the advanced chords....You guys are playing the wrong keyboards,,

Ian , I have to add..I played all the Yamaha piano keybeds (under $800)..and not a single one feels better playing piano..than the G70...No it is not a compromise..Playing a piano keybed is a compromise...it doesn't allow the benefit of playing organ/synth...So in reality the G70 keybed is not a compromise...it is simply the best keybed ...second to none..

May as well inject one other point Ian...you mentioned the Roland piano is inconsistent across the keybed on the G70...That is simply hog wash..

Now for the comparison of the "lowly" Gw/Prelude sounds compared to the comparable PSR series....You guys better spend more time listening side by side...without the hype...just more hog wash... ..and comparing the PSR keybed as superior to the GW-8...give me a break (and yes I dislike the feel of the low end Roland's..but I rather play the Roland keys over the PSR's any day).

Now I feel better..

#254083 - 01/26/09 12:57 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Ian , I have to add..I played all the Yamaha piano keybeds (under $800)..and not a single one feels better playing piano..than the G70...
May as well inject one other point Ian...you mentioned the Roland piano is inconsistent across the keybed on the G70...That is simply hog wash..

I’m sorry, Fran, if you were right, I’d agree with you...but..

It's been quite obvious for some time that you aren't a piano player, so I'll take your opinion of piano actions with a grain of salt.

And yes, your precious G70 piano is uneven in the middle...if you can't hear it, it says more about you than the inconsistency of the instrument.

Play the notes slowly, starting at "A" below middle "C" and play up to the "C" above middle "C"....and listen carefully...I did, and so did many others and the consensus was that they are uneven...different tones, and different decays.

Picky...yep...totally, but no piano sound is perfect, and the G70's, although very nice, is no different...
it's disappointing, dear fellow, but true.

It may be perfect for you, but I can't say it would work for me...most of my arranger piano playing is in the middle, as it is for many others.

Now, go back to your hog washing...glad to see you're keeping busy..you know what they say about "idle hands".

Ian

You know...you're right...now I feel better, too.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 01-26-2009).]

#254084 - 01/26/09 01:12 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
My G70 is consistent....If I can hear from a real G70 owner...tell me if your piano is consistent.....Still is hogwash to me..

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online