Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#253686 - 01/15/09 01:02 PM TC Voice Live 2
JR in TX Offline

Loc: Avinger, TX
Check out the new TC Voice Live 2 here:
http://www.tc-helicon.com/voicelive2

I think the web site was just up today. Some of the info tabs are not working yet.

Jay R

#253687 - 01/15/09 03:12 PM Re: TC Voice Live 2
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Good post JR. Lots of neat features, but for me there's just too many buttons to inadvertently hit. One of the reasons I like the TC Harmony-M I can use a single footswitch and not have to worry about anything else.

BTW: I have 3 Digitech Vocolist VRs and I'll be selling two of them. If anyone is interested, email me at travlin_easy@copper.net Price: $150 firm.

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 01-15-2009).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#253689 - 01/16/09 04:28 PM Re: TC Voice Live 2
JR in TX Offline

Brian,
I have the original TC Voice Live. There is a bit of a leaning curve but it has a lot of options for voice and instrument. It is way better than the vocal harmony engine on my T1 or T3. I will be looking closely at the Voice Live 2 as it becomes available. Waiting to see the price.
JR

#253690 - 01/16/09 06:08 PM Re: TC Voice Live 2
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by JR in TX:
Brian,
I have the original TC Voice Live. There is a bit of a leaning curve but it has a lot of options for voice and instrument. It is way better than the vocal harmony engine on my T1 or T3. I will be looking closely at the Voice Live 2 as it becomes available. Waiting to see the price.
JR

Me too...I'm guessing $599 MAP. Far cheaper then hiring three sistas.....
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253691 - 01/16/09 06:30 PM Re: TC Voice Live 2
rb293 Offline

Loc: Binghamton, NY USA
There are some video's on the web showing the unit including one from NAAM. Street price I have found is about $800.00 us..

#253692 - 01/16/09 07:20 PM Re: TC Voice Live 2
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I would like to know how GOOD the pitch correctioj is? And if it follows MIDI to do the pitch correction?

Lee

#253693 - 01/16/09 09:23 PM Re: TC Voice Live 2
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
I would like to know how GOOD the pitch correctioj is? And if it follows MIDI to do the pitch correction?

Lee

Just took a look at the manual.....I was hoping for a TC M and TC G rolled up in one unit.....Its only a Vocal processor. MIDI is used for control messages though and note on is a control; message. Guitar input is pass through though,,,,
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253694 - 01/17/09 04:01 AM Re: TC Voice Live 2
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Far cheaper then hiring three sistas.....

Besides, they might be reluctant to work for such a prominent member of the Aryan Nation.

chas

#253696 - 01/17/09 06:46 AM Re: TC Voice Live 2
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I see it mentions pitch correction, but no details...Harmony M does not have it, so it's out for me.

Maybe I can find out more in the manual

Lee

#253697 - 01/17/09 06:52 AM Re: TC Voice Live 2
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Brian,

I have been using the Harmony M for several months and it does a great job. It does, however, have some quirks such as a slight delay when you change chords.

I only had a few minutes with the Harmony G at a local music store. It was pretty slick, but it too has that same, annoying delay, but not as pronounced as the Harmony M.

If I were still sitting on a stool playing my 12-string Yamaha and singing, the Harmony G would definitely be in my bag of tricks. You can set it up in seconds, it provides a very crisp, clear, realistic harmony, excellent vocal processing and it's quite small.

I'm not sure if you can use the Voice Live 2 with two instruments at the same time, which may be a problem if you use both guitar and keyboard at the same time. You may want to look into this in greater detail before buying.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#253698 - 01/17/09 07:48 AM Re: TC Voice Live 2
JR in TX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BBBB:
Kingfrog. Thanks. I am not that technical so I appreciate the advice. Good news is that I have a gift certificate for $1000 for a music store here in Toronto. Bad news is its a music store here in Toronto! (knowledge??). Thanks for your advice Cheers! Brian

Brian,
I think that the distributor North America for TC is in Vancouver. Maybe you could work something through the Toronto store. The Voice Live has many parameters that can be adjusted globally or individually. I use global settings that I got from the TC users web site. I think I would have been lost with out that info available. My TC Voice Live has GOOD pitch corection. As with many peripherals, it is easy to overuse. I play mostly midi in from my keyboard to control the harmony. It also has quite a few harmony models based on Key/Scale. If one chooses a model that has as many as four voices, you can easily bring them in individually as needed while playing. The one thing I like best is that I have my Yamamha FC7 pedal hooked to the TC to control harmony level. While singing I can smoothly depress the pedal to bring in the harmony voices that I have selected whenever I want and at any desired background level. I like the TC so much that I am really anxious to see what the latest Voice Live 2 will do. The Original Voice live sold for around $800 US. I see that some of the on line vendors have dropped that price below $600 recently.
Bottom line is, one must spend a fair amount of time learning and setting up the parameters to get the desired result.
Regards,
Jay R

#253699 - 01/17/09 08:16 AM Re: TC Voice Live 2
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Besides, they might be reluctant to work for such a prominent member of the Aryan Nation.

chas

WOW the PC police are eveywhere. Gots to watch out....

Until English becomes Miami's primary language again I'll not worry about the whole PC thing.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-17-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online