SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#253245 - 11/22/10 06:06 AM Re: Facebook
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I am on Facebook but use it only for two reasons, reconnecting with long lost friends and promoting my music. Many of the social aspects and game nonsense turn me off bigtime. But, as I said, it's a tool.

I can also say that it is NOT for kids. Some kids are on there but mostly, it's an adult thing, by far. Read the FB story to be amazed... it's insane how fast it grew. Of course, in five years, it might be something else that's hot. But some reports I have read state that FB is the big dog, that it will become ubiquitous as Google. And that is a tall statement. For pro musicians, you pretty much cannot ignore this if revenue is a motive.

I'll consider joining SZ group.

#253246 - 11/22/10 09:14 AM Re: Facebook
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL

You kill me Donny....lol you don't even chat anymore you respond to everything with either a Youtube link or a picture.

Too funny...

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#253247 - 11/22/10 09:16 AM Re: Facebook
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Al,

I talk to Mikey on a regular basis, he lives about 25 minutes away from my home. He's keeping busy performing his Mikey Maestro and his baloon anima show. He's also active with his church band that plays 3 nights per week and on Sunday.

Thanks for the update Steve...I always wonder about the good guys that don't come here and participate any longer. It's a shame really. I know he did not like all the discourse

When are you coming down to Tampa for a visit? When it get's in the 20 degree range in CT/NY? lol

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#253248 - 11/22/10 09:36 AM Re: Facebook
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Thanks for the update Steve...I always wonder about the good guys that don't come here and participate any longer. It's a shame really. I know he did not like all the discourse

When are you coming down to Tampa for a visit? When it get's in the 20 degree range in CT/NY? lol

http://www.mikeymaestro.com/

#253249 - 11/30/10 05:33 AM Re: Facebook
TP123 Offline

Loc: Fla. / Nashville
I have it... use it to keep friends, family and fans (yes I have a few) informed. Facebook seems to have replaced MySpace in the site du jour.

Scott makes another good point about privacy issues... the other thing that concerns me is that if you ready the user agreement... EVERYTHING that is posted there becomes FACEBOOK property?! So if I post an original song... ?!?

#253250 - 11/30/10 06:13 AM Re: Facebook
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I use Facebook. Ditto SemiLiveMusic's sentiments.
Ciao,
Jerry

#253251 - 11/30/10 06:36 AM Re: Facebook
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:

Al, looks like it will be sometime in May. We usually spend 7 nights at a home on Marco Island. Unfortuantely our plans to move to Ocala have been put on hold at least for the immediate future. Long story....... !

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 11-30-2010).]

#253252 - 11/30/10 12:12 PM Re: Facebook
mr9000 Offline

Fakebook is for suckers and for those whom have no problem with giving up all their personal/private info unto a unknown entity who can do whatever it pleases at a time down the road when all suddenly find themselves in very inconvienant circumstances..sure right now i 'seem' to appear to be the paranoid one with the tin foil hat,let's just see what's in store with the element of passed time. I wonder what fakebook will do when it is no longer a hot site with all that data of yesteryear.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 11-30-2010).]

#253253 - 11/30/10 01:18 PM Re: Facebook
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
Fakebook is for suckers and for those whom have no problem with giving up all their personal/private info unto a unknown entity who can do whatever it pleases at a time down the road when all suddenly find themselves in very inconvienant circumstances..sure right now i 'seem' to appear to be the paranoid one with the tin foil hat,let's just see what's in store with the element of passed time. I wonder what fakebook will do when it is no longer a hot site with all that data of yesteryear.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 11-30-2010).]

Please please please will someone be my friend, "no, now sod off" if you see my face and name up there you will know I have lost the plot and I am beyhond help, it's no use you dropping me an email I won't understand a word of it by then.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#253254 - 11/30/10 01:58 PM Re: Facebook
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
I won't understand a word of it by then.

let's start this thread back up in 2015

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online