Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com

#253215 - 01/11/09 05:33 PM Re: Facebook
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
You can find me... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?

My wife is on it all the time..

#253216 - 01/11/09 05:50 PM Re: Facebook
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I use it but can't find either one of you two...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#253217 - 01/11/09 06:02 PM Re: Facebook
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
I use my real name which is michael lynn

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com

#253218 - 01/12/09 03:47 AM Re: Facebook
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi

Thanx for the invite Mike, but I'd be interested to be updated on what Facebook is and why one would want to sign up for it.

I go to their homepage and all they say is some small slogan like people connecting keeping in touch etc. Not enough to make me want to give another website my name etc.

I have a phone, a web site, email, Skype. I am honestly wondering how could I be benefited by Facebook?

I did sign up for myspace. Somebody invited me to join Plaxo, or something that starts with a P and it said it was great deal too. I joined and I see no point to it. I don't get it. My wife says how good it is and trys to explain what it can do for you. I must be a little dense on this subject

Am I missing something? Or am I just old school?haha

If I could really benefit and enjoy this stuff I would but in the meantime it just kind of puzzles me.

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 01-12-2009).]

#253219 - 01/12/09 05:56 AM Re: Facebook
DanO1 Offline

Scott...

Facebook has more real time applications for communicating with friends... My wife gets on line and chats with close friends and also relatives that you normally wouldn't communicate with, but turn out to be fun.

Example would be my Nephews wife.. My wife & her hit it off at Thanksgiving and have been chatting ever since !

#253220 - 01/12/09 05:57 AM Re: Facebook
DanO1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
I use it but can't find either one of you two...

Look up Dan O'Neil - Nottingham Md.

#253221 - 01/12/09 06:22 AM Re: Facebook
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-22-2010).]

#253222 - 01/12/09 06:37 AM Re: Facebook
Bill in Dayton Offline

Mike, Dan-

I'd love to add you both as friends, but searching for your names/locations isn't pulling you two up for me.

Please search for Bill Corfield...and invite me. I'll respond...

Thanks-

Bill

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#253223 - 01/12/09 06:39 AM Re: Facebook
Bill in Dayton Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Isnt this stuff for kids?

No...

Kids prefer Myspace by far...

As the parent of three teens, trust me, I'm an expert.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#253224 - 01/12/09 07:08 AM Re: Facebook
DanO1 Offline

I can not access facebook at work,,,I'll send invite later today..

I can access synthzone, but not facebook, go fiquire..

#253225 - 01/12/09 11:34 AM Re: Facebook
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I'm on facebook. cassp50@gmail.com

Cass Pawlowski, Southgate, MI

#253226 - 01/12/09 01:01 PM Re: Facebook
cassp Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
Mike, Dan-

I'd love to add you both as friends, but searching for your names/locations isn't pulling you two up for me.

Bill

I can't find either of you either, but I'd be happy to add you as a friend if you send me an invitation too.

Cass Pawlowski, Southgate, MI
cassp50@gmail.com

#253227 - 01/12/09 02:55 PM Re: Facebook
cassp Offline

I have just created a new GROUP on Facebook - SynthZone Arrangers. If you belong to Facebook, please join the group. If you're not a Feacebook member yet, please join and then look for us in the music groups/live playing category.

It's another great place to share pictures, videos, mp3's and stories. Right now I'm the only member, so pass the word. Hope to see you soon.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44512178350

NIGEL - I'd love to name you President and give you full admin priveleges if wish. I don't mean to hijack anything you've created here.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 01-12-2009).]

#253228 - 01/13/09 07:31 AM Re: Facebook
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Hi

Thanx for the invite Mike, but I'd be interested to be updated on what Facebook is and why one would want to sign up for it.

I go to their homepage and all they say is some small slogan like people connecting keeping in touch etc. Not enough to make me want to give another website my name etc.

I have a phone, a web site, email, Skype. I am honestly wondering how could I be benefited by Facebook?

I did sign up for myspace. Somebody invited me to join Plaxo, or something that starts with a P and it said it was great deal too. I joined and I see no point to it. I don't get it. My wife says how good it is and trys to explain what it can do for you. I must be a little dense on this subject

Am I missing something? Or am I just old school?haha

If I could really benefit and enjoy this stuff I would but in the meantime it just kind of puzzles me.

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 01-12-2009).]

I use face book to keep up with people I met from many years of travel, months on Cruise ships.A great way to reconnect with youth and forgotten Military friendships. If I had never left my home town I don't think Facebook would be of any use. My Facebook list has friends from NYC, Branson,San Diego,Vegas, Florida, Hawaii, NJ and a whole ot of other places I hunkered down for 12 weeks to 15 years at a time.

Its a nice way to reconnect with people who influenced one a long time ago and keep up with more recent but distant friends.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253229 - 01/13/09 09:12 AM Re: Facebook
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I guess the use of a 'telephone' is out of the question? ...

Before the 'barrage' starts, I understand that Facebook is a great way to communicate with large numbers of people at one time .. sorta like S-Z ...
t.

#253231 - 01/13/09 05:00 PM Re: Facebook
cassp Offline

So far, I like it a lot better than MySpace. MS seemed like a place for lurkers and leeches - not that our SZ lurkers are bad . But MS is definitely a hot spot for low life and STRANGErs and lots of S E X.

Facebook seems more sedate and friendly. I can search for friends, but they don't have to accept me unless they want. It's good to know what they look like and where they're from 'cuz sometimes it's been years since seeing some of these people. As long as it doesn't become invasive, I'll keep my membership.

For those who are leary - that's OK too.

#253232 - 01/13/09 05:02 PM Re: Facebook
cassp Offline

t - a telephone means having to have personal and immediate contact. Heaven forbid we would ever want to speak directly with anyone - lol

#253233 - 11/20/10 04:42 PM Re: Facebook
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'm bumping this thread so folks are aware of the Synthzone presence on Facebook. It's a great way to keep in touch with each other and humanize the forum!

Do wish Mikey Maestro was still an active member here.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#253234 - 11/20/10 07:06 PM Re: Facebook
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Just became a member

#253235 - 11/20/10 07:19 PM Re: Facebook
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I remember reading that Facebook up until only recently, was not safeguarding your privacy to only specified friend groups. That said, I'm still not yet confident that this has really been fixed & resolved, so remain undecided whether to participate or not, so my apologies go out to all Synthzone friends & members who have attempted to invite me to become their Facebook friend. Another concern I have with Facebook is them sharing your personal data with advertisers & web tracking companies . - Scott

#253236 - 11/21/10 12:54 AM Re: Facebook
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

Yes I agree it is for kids, who the hell wants to show their hugely great mugs on face book and then want people to contact them, hells what’s the World coming to. A guy I use to work with is on face book and he would also impersonate Elvis when he’s had a drink or two and sing like Elvis, well thought so, Sad, Sad! Small things amuse small minds, it takes all kinds to make a World.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#253237 - 11/21/10 09:45 AM Re: Facebook
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I remember reading that Facebook up until only recently, was not safeguarding your privacy to only specified friend groups. That said, I'm still not yet confident that this has really been fixed & resolved, so remain undecided whether to participate or not, so my apologies go out to all Synthzone friends & members who have attempted to invite me to become their Facebook friend. Another concern I have with Facebook is them sharing your personal data with advertisers & web tracking companies . - Scott

Yes Scott, exactly why I have not yet joined up. Although I have to say, talking to m8's out here, that a lot of musos are signing up, and using it as a free advertising portal for upcoming gigs, the sale of CD's etc etc..

Its sort of like the current version of sticking posters on light-poles and shop-fronts that I guess we all used to do back in the day.

Surreptitiously sneaking out at 2AM to get our "message" out ahhh the memories!!!

But yes, as I say its becoming very popular now. I ahve been considering more lately as they (FB) claim to have cleaned up the whole security angle.

Dennis

#253238 - 11/21/10 10:16 AM Re: Facebook
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I'm bumping this thread so folks are aware of the Synthzone presence on Facebook. It's a great way to keep in touch with each other and humanize the forum!

Do wish Mikey Maestro was still an active member here.

Al

Al,

I talk to Mikey on a regular basis, he lives about 25 minutes away from my home. He's keeping busy performing his Mikey Maestro and his baloon anima show. He's also active with his church band that plays 3 nights per week and on Sunday.

#253239 - 11/21/10 12:12 PM Re: Facebook
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Quote:

Facebook is just exactly what YOU turn it into!

Agree, there is a lot of junk there. As in the television, the internet, the newspapers, the radio, everywhere.
But no one forces you to watch the television, or read the newspapers etc.
And no one forces you to read the junk at Facebook...

In Facebook select your friends properly, and you will only see what THEY write.

And select groups properly too.

I am a member of 2 groups:
- my amateur theatre friends
- a genealogy group for my own family
Suits me fine! Great fun!

I guesss I will join the Synth Zone group too.

Best wishes
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

#253240 - 11/21/10 01:24 PM Re: Facebook
Bill in Dayton Offline

I too am pretty active on facebook. There are layers of privacy controls you can use to customize the level of privacy you want.

Like many things reported to be scary, dangerous and borderline evil in our society, I've found a little research, perhaps asking a question or two and some thought chase most if not all of the demons away.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#253241 - 11/21/10 01:42 PM Re: Facebook
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I'm a facebook dropout. Half of my "friends" are people I don't know. Even now people that I don't know want to be my "friend". Guess for some it's a competition thing for who has the most "friends"

Guess there's friends and then there's "friends"

#253242 - 11/21/10 01:54 PM Re: Facebook
Dnj Offline

#253243 - 11/21/10 02:14 PM Re: Facebook
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
I'm a facebook dropout. Half of my "friends" are people I don't know. Even now people that I don't know want to be my "friend". Guess for some it's a competition thing for who has the most "friends"

Guess there's friends and then there's "friends"

If you are a normal person you will have friends you can count on two hands, any more and you won the lottery and you will have hundreds of friends. Doh!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#253244 - 11/21/10 11:14 PM Re: Facebook
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
I'm a facebook dropout. Half of my "friends" are people I don't know.

You have to accept to be friends with sombody your self.
Meaning, you have accepted to be friends with somebody you dont know in the first place.
Is Facebook to blame for this?

Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

#253245 - 11/22/10 06:06 AM Re: Facebook
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I am on Facebook but use it only for two reasons, reconnecting with long lost friends and promoting my music. Many of the social aspects and game nonsense turn me off bigtime. But, as I said, it's a tool.

I can also say that it is NOT for kids. Some kids are on there but mostly, it's an adult thing, by far. Read the FB story to be amazed... it's insane how fast it grew. Of course, in five years, it might be something else that's hot. But some reports I have read state that FB is the big dog, that it will become ubiquitous as Google. And that is a tall statement. For pro musicians, you pretty much cannot ignore this if revenue is a motive.

I'll consider joining SZ group.

#253246 - 11/22/10 09:14 AM Re: Facebook
kbrkr Offline

You kill me Donny....lol you don't even chat anymore you respond to everything with either a Youtube link or a picture.

Too funny...

#253247 - 11/22/10 09:16 AM Re: Facebook
kbrkr Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Al,

I talk to Mikey on a regular basis, he lives about 25 minutes away from my home. He's keeping busy performing his Mikey Maestro and his baloon anima show. He's also active with his church band that plays 3 nights per week and on Sunday.

Thanks for the update Steve...I always wonder about the good guys that don't come here and participate any longer. It's a shame really. I know he did not like all the discourse

When are you coming down to Tampa for a visit? When it get's in the 20 degree range in CT/NY? lol

#253248 - 11/22/10 09:36 AM Re: Facebook
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Thanks for the update Steve...I always wonder about the good guys that don't come here and participate any longer. It's a shame really. I know he did not like all the discourse

When are you coming down to Tampa for a visit? When it get's in the 20 degree range in CT/NY? lol

http://www.mikeymaestro.com/

#253249 - 11/30/10 05:33 AM Re: Facebook
TP123 Offline

Loc: Fla. / Nashville
I have it... use it to keep friends, family and fans (yes I have a few) informed. Facebook seems to have replaced MySpace in the site du jour.

Scott makes another good point about privacy issues... the other thing that concerns me is that if you ready the user agreement... EVERYTHING that is posted there becomes FACEBOOK property?! So if I post an original song... ?!?

#253250 - 11/30/10 06:13 AM Re: Facebook
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I use Facebook. Ditto SemiLiveMusic's sentiments.
Ciao,
Jerry

#253251 - 11/30/10 06:36 AM Re: Facebook
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

Al, looks like it will be sometime in May. We usually spend 7 nights at a home on Marco Island. Unfortuantely our plans to move to Ocala have been put on hold at least for the immediate future. Long story....... !

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 11-30-2010).]

#253252 - 11/30/10 12:12 PM Re: Facebook
mr9000 Offline

Fakebook is for suckers and for those whom have no problem with giving up all their personal/private info unto a unknown entity who can do whatever it pleases at a time down the road when all suddenly find themselves in very inconvienant circumstances..sure right now i 'seem' to appear to be the paranoid one with the tin foil hat,let's just see what's in store with the element of passed time. I wonder what fakebook will do when it is no longer a hot site with all that data of yesteryear.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 11-30-2010).]

#253253 - 11/30/10 01:18 PM Re: Facebook
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
Fakebook is for suckers and for those whom have no problem with giving up all their personal/private info unto a unknown entity who can do whatever it pleases at a time down the road when all suddenly find themselves in very inconvienant circumstances..sure right now i 'seem' to appear to be the paranoid one with the tin foil hat,let's just see what's in store with the element of passed time. I wonder what fakebook will do when it is no longer a hot site with all that data of yesteryear.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 11-30-2010).]

Please please please will someone be my friend, "no, now sod off" if you see my face and name up there you will know I have lost the plot and I am beyhond help, it's no use you dropping me an email I won't understand a word of it by then.

#253254 - 11/30/10 01:58 PM Re: Facebook
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
I won't understand a word of it by then.

let's start this thread back up in 2015

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online