SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#253235 - 11/20/10 07:19 PM Re: Facebook
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I remember reading that Facebook up until only recently, was not safeguarding your privacy to only specified friend groups. That said, I'm still not yet confident that this has really been fixed & resolved, so remain undecided whether to participate or not, so my apologies go out to all Synthzone friends & members who have attempted to invite me to become their Facebook friend. Another concern I have with Facebook is them sharing your personal data with advertisers & web tracking companies . - Scott

#253236 - 11/21/10 12:54 AM Re: Facebook
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Isnt this stuff for kids?

Yes I agree it is for kids, who the hell wants to show their hugely great mugs on face book and then want people to contact them, hells what’s the World coming to. A guy I use to work with is on face book and he would also impersonate Elvis when he’s had a drink or two and sing like Elvis, well thought so, Sad, Sad! Small things amuse small minds, it takes all kinds to make a World.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#253237 - 11/21/10 09:45 AM Re: Facebook
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I remember reading that Facebook up until only recently, was not safeguarding your privacy to only specified friend groups. That said, I'm still not yet confident that this has really been fixed & resolved, so remain undecided whether to participate or not, so my apologies go out to all Synthzone friends & members who have attempted to invite me to become their Facebook friend. Another concern I have with Facebook is them sharing your personal data with advertisers & web tracking companies . - Scott

Yes Scott, exactly why I have not yet joined up. Although I have to say, talking to m8's out here, that a lot of musos are signing up, and using it as a free advertising portal for upcoming gigs, the sale of CD's etc etc..

Its sort of like the current version of sticking posters on light-poles and shop-fronts that I guess we all used to do back in the day.

Surreptitiously sneaking out at 2AM to get our "message" out ahhh the memories!!!

But yes, as I say its becoming very popular now. I ahve been considering more lately as they (FB) claim to have cleaned up the whole security angle.

Dennis

#253238 - 11/21/10 10:16 AM Re: Facebook
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I'm bumping this thread so folks are aware of the Synthzone presence on Facebook. It's a great way to keep in touch with each other and humanize the forum!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44512178350

Do wish Mikey Maestro was still an active member here.

Al

Al,

I talk to Mikey on a regular basis, he lives about 25 minutes away from my home. He's keeping busy performing his Mikey Maestro and his baloon anima show. He's also active with his church band that plays 3 nights per week and on Sunday.

#253239 - 11/21/10 12:12 PM Re: Facebook
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Isnt this stuff for kids?

Facebook is just exactly what YOU turn it into!

Agree, there is a lot of junk there. As in the television, the internet, the newspapers, the radio, everywhere.
But no one forces you to watch the television, or read the newspapers etc.
And no one forces you to read the junk at Facebook...

In Facebook select your friends properly, and you will only see what THEY write.

And select groups properly too.

I am a member of 2 groups:
- my amateur theatre friends
- a genealogy group for my own family
Suits me fine! Great fun!

I guesss I will join the Synth Zone group too.

Best wishes
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

#253240 - 11/21/10 01:24 PM Re: Facebook
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I too am pretty active on facebook. There are layers of privacy controls you can use to customize the level of privacy you want.

Like many things reported to be scary, dangerous and borderline evil in our society, I've found a little research, perhaps asking a question or two and some thought chase most if not all of the demons away.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#253241 - 11/21/10 01:42 PM Re: Facebook
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I'm a facebook dropout. Half of my "friends" are people I don't know. Even now people that I don't know want to be my "friend". Guess for some it's a competition thing for who has the most "friends"

Guess there's friends and then there's "friends"

#253242 - 11/21/10 01:54 PM Re: Facebook
Dnj Offline

#253243 - 11/21/10 02:14 PM Re: Facebook
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
I'm a facebook dropout. Half of my "friends" are people I don't know. Even now people that I don't know want to be my "friend". Guess for some it's a competition thing for who has the most "friends"

Guess there's friends and then there's "friends"

If you are a normal person you will have friends you can count on two hands, any more and you won the lottery and you will have hundreds of friends. Doh!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#253244 - 11/21/10 11:14 PM Re: Facebook
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
I'm a facebook dropout. Half of my "friends" are people I don't know.

You have to accept to be friends with sombody your self.
Meaning, you have accepted to be friends with somebody you dont know in the first place.
Is Facebook to blame for this?

Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online