SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#252946 - 01/11/09 01:42 PM Re: NAMM Show 2009
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
AH,
Then maybe the home organ will come back????
Wish I still had my Yamaha HS-8T!

Lee

#252947 - 01/12/09 10:04 AM Re: NAMM Show 2009
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Diki.., this is one of the those Audya FACT moments Perhaps FACT has been spreading....

In all seriousness though.., I think Ketron cleary shows they have very little interest in the US market. Yes.., these things are going to be shown all over the UK.., but once again Ketron is giving the US the finger IMO.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 01-08-2009).]

wrong.
is not that ketron and others ( me included) have just a little interest to sell in the USA. This big problem have the BIG too, like the Roland....
USA market is totally down and musician start to change view of the keyboards.
This are NOT my words but from Roland: http://www.sambenedettoggi.it/2008/12/10/65099/roland-europe-cassa-integrazione-per-44-lavoratori/

ask someone there to translate the last part and then you have understand all.
Then add this global recession...
Do you know also that GEM is closed from December 22?

Is really hard time and is also the time to start to offer some innovation...

#252948 - 01/12/09 10:23 AM Re: NAMM Show 2009
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Last part translated.

"Roland Europe reiterated at today's meeting that the reasons for this request is attributable to a continued and consolidated market crisis of reference that shows a drastic decline in sales in the U.S. market, as well as for changes in the musical tastes of customers, including because of low competitiveness of Made in Italy in terms of prices".
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#252949 - 01/12/09 11:24 AM Re: NAMM Show 2009
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
Do you know also that GEM is closed from December 22?

Do you mean, "Closed for the Holidays?"

Or closed for good like, "Gone Out Of Business?"

-mike

#252950 - 01/12/09 11:36 AM Re: NAMM Show 2009
LIONSTRACS Offline

Kingfrog can translate this too: http://prcmarignano.blogspot.com/2008/12/generalmusic-non-lasciamoli-soli.html
http://ilrestodelcarlino.ilsole24ore.com...ps_rimini.shtml

Pity, because they was my good friends too..

IF Diki is still waiting for the TOTL new Roland arranger..I think have to waiting really many years now...
How Frankfurt messe statistics, the arranger keyboards are less than the 2% of the whole keyboards market.

For sure you will laugh now, but the true new market where give the money now, is only the Oriental and Russia country. ( I can say that because we have the right orders only from this country)

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 01-12-2009).]

#252951 - 01/12/09 12:13 PM Re: NAMM Show 2009
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Last part translated.

"Roland Europe reiterated at today's meeting that the reasons for this request is attributable to a continued and consolidated market crisis of reference that shows a drastic decline in sales in the U.S. market, as well as for changes in the musical tastes of customers, including because of low competitiveness of Made in Italy in terms of prices".

Which translated from Corporatespeak says 'We blew it. We were too lazy to make products that appealed to younger players, and we bloated our profits on the backs of the elderly arranger users that had no use for WS's, and now the chickens are coming home to roost..."

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 01-12-2009).]

#252952 - 01/12/09 12:14 PM Re: NAMM Show 2009
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Translation into english as follows:

The Generalmusic of San Giovanni in Marignano, with two other locations in Italy, closes and dismisses its 75 employees.

The direction of the company that, initially, had applied for layoffs, he decided to use the arrangement and to rely on the bankruptcy court.
This means dismissal for 75 employees .. Already workers had not received his salary for November and the thirteenth.
Trade unions and UILM FIOM meet the direction of Generalmusic January 7.

I thought something was up with GEM because they have been "out of the picture" for quite a while now, as well as their no shows at recent trade shows. They let go our own Dave McMahon a couple of years ago or so and I had a gut reaction back then that they might not be around much longer. It's sad in a way because it eliminates one of the competition and having more competition is always good for the consumer.

All the best,
Mike

#252953 - 01/12/09 12:35 PM Re: NAMM Show 2009
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Dom... no, I am pretty happy with what I have, and expect to remain that way for a long time

I kept my G1000 for about ten years, so I am less than halfway through my expected lifespan on the G70.

But maybe in another six or seven years, you will be able to get the MS to sound as good as my G70 OOTB (in other words, without me spending months - or years - of work and a fortune in VSTi's) does now.

#252954 - 01/12/09 12:41 PM Re: NAMM Show 2009
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Diki.., the only arranger company in my opinion that's even showing the slightest interest in catering to the younger arranger player is Korg. Korg's approach is right on in that they give the arranger player all the tools you need, but go further and do a good job at integrating the synth/workstation along with the arranger.

The MS is also another good example... Concept itself is great..., styles are another story... However, Dom has even voiced his lack of interest in the US market.

I'm not shocked about GEM. When was the last time we really heard about anything from them??? I'm also not shocked in the least about Roland's position as well considering Roland US seems to go OUT OF THEIR WAY to show their lack of interest in the arranger department.

Thankfully Korg and Yamaha are still hangin in there with us.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 01-12-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#252955 - 01/12/09 12:49 PM Re: NAMM Show 2009
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Dom... no, I am pretty happy with what I have, and expect to remain that way for a long time

I kept my G1000 for about ten years, so I am less than halfway through my expected lifespan on the G70.

But maybe in another six or seven years, you will be able to get the MS to sound as good as my G70 OOTB (in other words, without me spending months - or years - of work and a fortune in VSTi's) does now.

Yes, i know that you can change one keyboard only after 10 years...who know why?..lol

the MS do NOt have to shown HOW to sounds as good as....because will sounds much better as... ( or you dubit of the ASIO/VST/GIGA quality?)
the MS have to shown ONLY HOW is working and if is able to running the all sounds/engines that they want, in the most simple and fast way: press one key and play! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlADLhdqffE
All in realtime and multitask!

I buy also the new Roland G-61 for make some test and hear the sounds...
Live mode is really have really a nice features BUT when you press the STUDIO mode, just for play one song ( wav or midifile) is not possible anymore to use the LIVE setting but only the one sound of the SEQ track selected...
Who want I can trade this keyb for only 1000 USD..I have enough...

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 01-12-2009).]

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online