All I can say is that the Tyros 3 is everything I'd hoped for and a lot more. Like many have said, you need to play with it to get the feeling for the controls, and to understand how to use the bounce recording feature.

I just cranked out a very rough cut of "All I Ask of You" and it sounds AMAZING. I dropped some harp arrpeggios in on top of the preset backing track, used a clarinet and trumpet, and (ignoring my stupid keyboard errors) produced a VERY acceptable cut on just two tracks (Main/Sub) simply for testing purposes.

I'm pleased that I invested in this board over the PSR S900. If you love music, you will most definitely find many sounds and styles to love with the Tyros 3, REGARDLESS of your keyboard ability! Sure, it'd be great if you played at the level of Martin Harris (the Yamaha demo guy), but what's exciting about the T3 is that even a beginner can produce some pretty amazing stuff if you understand the basic chords in a major key and if you can play by ear or if you read a little bit of music. I will post a clip of this as a wav, you'll have to excuse the many errors, I'm way too tired to make it perfect, but simply want to show some of the people who are interested in Tyros what you can do almost right out of the box. Now if I can figure out how to load the sample WAV clip...