SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#252381 - 01/03/09 05:11 AM loading wav samples in Tyros3
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
I have Organ wav samples of 53.8 MB and each note recorded separately from a real pipe organ.Is it possible to load 61 wav files and assign each one to a specific key on Tyros 3?

Sunny

[This message has been edited by sunny152 (edited 01-03-2009).]

#252382 - 01/03/09 05:28 AM Re: loading wav samples in Tyros3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here can help you:http://midistylestudio.ro/style-yamaha.php

#252383 - 01/03/09 07:02 AM Re: loading wav samples in Tyros3
jwyvern Offline

It is possible to do some of what you ask, although a lot of work I think and also you would run out of wave memory after installing about 19 or so - even assuming you had installed the supplementary DIMMS of 1Gb.
The method for the question asked would involve creating a 1 element custom voice for each wave. Method is given in the Ty3 reference manual starting page 17, downloadable from here:
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/index.php

Bear in mind there is only space allocation for up to 128 custom voices in TY3 as well as the need to install a max. of 1Gb of DIMMS for wave memory beyond about 4Mb.

It may be possible to simplify the job and still get the quality you want by reducing the number of .wav files and voices you use but spread each over a number of notes rather than keep to one wav. per note. In fact the method suggests this as the norm. You may want to experiment to see what you can "get away" with. Simplification is in any case necessary because of the memory requirement.

Sorry I can't help any more than try to point you in the direction- I haven't attempted this myself
John

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 01-03-2009).]

#252384 - 01/03/09 07:20 AM Re: loading wav samples in Tyros3
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
Hi John,
Thanks for your reply.The reason why i wan't to load wav samples is that i can get the same sound what i hear on a real pipe organ.I wan't to use 2 or 3 selected stops only.The recorded wav files does not have vibrato effect and after the loading the samples,are the sound effects and realtime controls of Tyros3 such as vibrato,pitchbend,DSP work on these custom samples?
In the manual,i cannot find loading wav files from page 17 as there is only loading of wav files(drums)individually to different keys from page 22.Is it right?

Sunny

[This message has been edited by sunny152 (edited 01-03-2009).]

#252385 - 01/03/09 08:15 AM Re: loading wav samples in Tyros3
jwyvern Offline

Hi Sunny,
Once a custom voice has been made and assigned to a position in the Custom Bank it can be post-edited in Voice Set and Mixing Console, respond to Pitch Bend etc. just like any other voice.
The ref. manual page 17 describes how to import a wav file to make a normal voice (not drums- they start at p.22).

Page 19 covers assignment to keys for normal voices.

Page 20 covers how to use Voice set to apply the usual editing parameters to the voice.
(As I said above you can also post-edit like other voice types, once assigned to the Custom Bank and loaded into R1,2,3 or Left.)

John

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online