Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Chas,

What are the organ sounds like on the Sonic Cell...I realize the Fantom's are passable, but are the former's any better and do they have a good rotary effect? What about distortion/rotary like for progressive rock?

Ian

Ian, there is one (1) organ patch that I like on Tyros2 and one that I like on the Triton. I don't use either because I have the C1 but also because few synth organ patches sound authentic to me. I think it's because most are usually played without an expression pedal so there are no (as in ZERO) dynamics. BTW, as much as I like my PA1x Pro, I hate the factory organs. The organs on the SonicCell leave me cold, although in all fairness, I only compare them to the types of registrations I would use in the type of music I play. It could have some awesome pipe or theatre organ voices. Since I hate both, I've never paid much attention. And yes, I know; a 'B3' is about as far from a classic pipe organ as you can get and would probably be spat upon by a classically trained organist.

....again, different strokes.....

chas