SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#252047 - 12/28/08 09:47 AM Hey LindaFus!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Linda..,

I forgot to mention something to you the other day. You touched on the issue about the S-700 being "unhip" in terms of making Hip Hop. It got me thinking too.... Have you looked at the Zooom SB-246 Hip Hop drum machine? It's no doubt the most affordable Hip Hop beat maker on the market too. The samples in it are what you say in today's terms "off the hook" The samples are spot on too... Some of the preset beats are so so, but the power is creating your own patterns and boy are they up to date too.

You could midi it to your S-700.., use the Zoom SB246 to produce your drum and bass tracks (as the SB also does bass too). Then use your PSR for some good lead voices. If I had a PSR today and wanted to take the least inexpensive route to do Hip Hop with it.., I (without hesitation) would go straight to the SB-246. I have created some amazing Hip Hop patterns with it.

**I think it even has an audio in jack too

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#252048 - 12/28/08 10:35 AM Re: Hey LindaFus!
Dnj Offline

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online