SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#251988 - 12/28/08 08:24 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Money no object, the Bose would be my choice. Indeed, when it comes to retiring my current amplification, it would be a tough job for anyone to persuade me to buy anything else, at any price.

#251989 - 12/28/08 09:06 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Is there anything better than the Bose L1 or Model II? [b]NO[/B]

Ofcourse there is!
Bose L model III

#251990 - 12/28/08 09:07 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
zuki Offline

Just my 2 cents, but I prefer the powered monitor stereo setup, especially to hear those fantastic sounds that come out of the T3.

Mackie 450s are my choice. Very easy to lug and setup. On the floor pointing up provides crystal clear highs and nice bass.

Everyone has different tastes and it took me a lot of effort to come up with something that made me happy. Sounds like you'll go through the same process

Good luck.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#251991 - 12/28/08 09:10 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
YOU ASKED FOR OPINION therefore LISTEN to EVERYONE here except those who tell you not to. LOL. Everyone's opinion is relevant to their setups and reasons. Read them and then try some systems out.

For Us...... no. We Went from a Mackie 808s/JBL MR15 System to the Bose. We want everyone to hear the same thing we hear. Unless they are sitting behind us that goal is reached.

A conventional PA sounds the best for only those sitting in the sweet sport will hear the music as intended and you won't hear what they hear. A conventional PA system is like very large studio monitors. You have to be equally apart and centered from the speakers to get the best possible listening experience if one uses a stereo mix, which is rare (or should be) in a larger venue.

Because if the listener is off axis and off to one side of the room,and discrete mix left or right music will arrive at their ears reflected off the walls rather than direct and milliseconds later (which creates the muddy sound many systems set up for stereo in a large room with only two far apart arrays can deliver. If the listener is way way off to the side and close to the right or left speaker they only hear that information leaving "holes" that are being filled across the room that may eventually get to them. If they are way way off axis like 160 degrees from a speaker they will only hear reflected sound. Again not nearly as good as those centered and never what you you hear. The Bose corrects all these issues and creates no new ones I have experienced.

Sound travel Time is the enemy. Bose eliminates that for everyone in the room hears all the direct music in phase and not indirectly. There are time alignment boxes for PAs for a reason in relatively large halls. Even your home surround system has time alignment adjustments in a very much smaller space.

Another huge benefit is finances. $3000 sounds like a lot until you put a good Yamaha or JBL/Crown/Mackie system together.
IF finances are a consideration, consider you only will have $700 or so in a Bose System. The $3000 systems sells all day long and fast for $2300-$2500. We had $2500 in the MAckie/JBL System and sold it for $1000 after six months of trying.

The final benefit is the size and set up time. A "caveman can do it" in 5 minutes making last minute moves across the room easy.

Like everyone else pretty much said. this is opinion based on personal experience and choice for the reasons stated. Your mileage , needs ,requirements may be a lot different. Bose offers a generous trial period. I understand why.

Second choice. A 500 and a 300 Yamaha StagePas system or two Yamaha StagePass 300 systems. Why? because you can spread the speakers to cover a wider area side to side without reflection issues and again they can be put in the back seat of a Corolla.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 12-28-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#251992 - 12/28/08 09:21 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Dnj Offline

With that said kingfrog......your musical retail busness theory has a few holes in it....just look at the average Band, DJ, or most Musical acts on stage & I live between New York City, Philadelphia, & Atlantic City so I quite often see many acts in my travles working... ...guess what you don't see much of? the Bose PAS system....there is a reason for that I would say...yes the Bose is a good system like so many others, but it's far from the best for most peoples needs.Dont let the hype fool ya its an expensive lesson.

carry on.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-28-2008).]

#251993 - 12/28/08 09:22 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Dnj Offline

#251994 - 12/28/08 11:34 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
With that said kingfrog......your musical retail busness theory has a few holes in it....just look at the average Band, DJ, or most Musical acts on stage & I live between New York City, Philadelphia, & Atlantic City so I quite often see many acts in my travles working... ...guess what you don't see much of? the Bose PAS system....there is a reason for that I would say...yes the Bose is a good system like so many others, but it's far from the best for most peoples needs.Dont let the hype fool ya its an expensive lesson.

carry on.

Nah at most its a $700 "lesson". More than not less than that. The Bose is always in demand on Ebay. A Buy It Now of $$2300-$2400 on a Mod II with Tone Match will sell in less than a day IF and when you can find one for sale on Ebay or elsewhere. Try that with ANY other conventional PA set up. There are garages,storage units and attics filled with unsold speakers mixers and amps.

I maintain most OMBs are are scared off by the initial price when LOOKING AT THE VISUAL of a Stick and small box beside it. Tradition is a hard habit to break and sells well. Economically its a great choice. We sold 7 systems to OMBS since we started carrying them in the Summer. Not bad for a 30,000 pops market in a resort area, Everyone of those buyers could get 3/4 of what they paid for them fast and easy on Ebay. Try to find one. When you do watch it disappear and take note of the selling price.

Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#251995 - 12/28/08 12:07 PM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Dnj Offline

What you should be asking yourself is ... WHY are they for sale on ebay in the first place by users?

#251996 - 12/28/08 12:13 PM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
What you should be asking yourself is ... WHY are they for sale on ebay in the first place by users?

Exactly!

#251997 - 12/28/08 12:57 PM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:

Come on guys....People sell stuff for all kinds of reasons , yeah not everyone will be pleased with the results, but some may need the money, others may quit performing.

BUT the extreme rarity and very quick sales turnaround at prices points few used PA systems that do get listed can command speak volumes to me. not to mention personal experience.

Especially since they have been selling the LT1 since 2003 ad the Bose supported LT1 Forum is extremely active and has many members. Like any manufacturer forum there will be those who don;t care for it and defenders. You have to look at the big picture always, http://bose.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x

Tradition dies hard.

Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online