SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#252009 - 12/29/08 07:02 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Dnj Offline

We can all talk till were blue in the face about this subject ....but the question "is is there anything better?" for your needs?...And the simple answer is Of Course There Is.THis is getting almost as intense as do I need 76 keys?...bottom ine this is all "PERSONAL TASTE"

Whew.. I feel so much better now

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-29-2008).]

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-29-2008).]

#252010 - 12/29/08 08:00 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
Thanks for your advice.I'm still confused how this Bose L1 model-II sound good when it is mono?I think stereo amplification is appropriate for making the keyboard voices and styles sound authentic.

Sunny

#252011 - 12/29/08 08:17 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Based on my great experiences with my Mackie Hr824's monitors in home...and hearing the Mackie 450's lately on demo...it would be a no brainer for me to get the 450's for stage.
About $1,000 a pair.

Lee

#252012 - 12/29/08 08:25 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Based on my great experiences with my Mackie Hr824's monitors in home...and hearing the Mackie 450's lately on demo...it would be a no brainer for me to get the 450's for stage.
About $1,000 a pair.

Lee

Well, you sure have my vote and will not be disappointed - I love 'em. Used as wedges - sound terrific. Now just add a PA800 and you'll be all set

One note: I replaced the factory power cables with more flexible Radio Shack ones. They fit tighter and won't split like the hard shorter Mackies.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#252013 - 12/29/08 08:26 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny152:
Thanks for your advice.I'm still confused how this Bose L1 model-II sound good when it is mono?I think stereo amplification is appropriate for making the keyboard voices and styles sound authentic.

Sunny

Stereo gets my vote also Sunny

#252014 - 12/29/08 08:47 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
When I was demoing the Bose PA a few weeks ago I took my regular rig in and set it up next to the Bose, so I could really A/B them...

With regard to "stereo"...

(I use a Tyros 2)...

Sitting in front and in the middle of my rig, Yes, there was stereo separation that I loved...

There was a slightly better clarity, but at my position, it wasn't significant.

The difference occurred 15 ft. in front of me and then increased substantially the further away I went.

At roughly 15 ft...you began to hear the stereo signals blend into one...

At roughly 50 ft...it was totally blended And there was dispertion drop off...

At 75 ft...I couldn't seem to hear my normal rig as well as I wanted to, but the Bose was sounding terrific...

At roughly 100+ ft, the thought of stereo was now an utter after-thought, and volume was certainly an issue from my old rig...

At this distance, the bose was a very good volume and sounded like it did when I was sitting right in front of it...

At that point, I was sold...

I love the stereo output I heard from the original set up, but once you got in front of it, no one else heard it like I did...So, for the ease of set up, the reduced strain on my back and the cleaner appearance on stage, it was a no brainer...for me...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#252015 - 12/29/08 11:38 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Has it occurred to anyone that people at the back of the hall are there for a reason?

Not everyone WANTS to hear the music front and center. Some of them want a quiet, intimate conversation with the hottie they just met! Some have hearing problems that make them sensitive to loud sounds. Some just came to eat, and weren't really interested in being 'entertained' while they chow down.

And all this while SOME of the customers want to get down and boogie on the dance floor!

In over thirty years of performing, I never had a customer or club owner come up and go 'you aren't loud enough in the back of the room'... But I've heard 'Can you turn it down a bit, we can't talk at the bar' enough times!

I agree that in a low volume, mild dining conditions environment, the PAS with it's ability to spread evenly is ideal. But don't assume that that is what everyone NEEDS... Some of us are still rocking in the free world!

#252016 - 12/29/08 01:14 PM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I'm not going to try to sell anyone on why they should or shouldn't use the Bose system.

In the just over 3 years I've been playing gigs my history is:

Peavy KB 300 ( a gift to me )
Roland KC150
Logitech z5500
Mackie 450 ( had for a week then returned, replaced with the Barbetta 31c)
Roland CM30 cube monitors
Barbetta 31c

Now the Bose PAS L1.

I have not looked back and plan on keeping the Barbetta as a back up. My only regret is I just didn't buy the Bose in the first place. Nothing wrong with the Mackie or the Barbetta. I like what I hear from the Bose, I'm the one who has to be happy with it and I am. Of course at the price I paid( less than the cost of a pair of Barbetta or Mackies) it was a no brainer.

#252017 - 12/29/08 01:52 PM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
....and the beat goes on....
....La De Da De Da....
....and the beat goes on.

Eddie

#252018 - 12/29/08 04:58 PM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Sunny, I can't help but think you deliberately posted this to incite the same old boring arguments re the Bose.

If not (and IF not, I apologise to you and retract the above statement) then may I suggest you simply do a search for all the recent & semi-recent threads involving the Bose, as there's nothing new here in this thread for anyone.

So, taking your request seriously, may I ask, are you a professional, or a part timer or a hobbyist Entertainer? (I don't know you well enough, so please fill me in)

The reason I ask is that I think if you do play for a living, you SHOULD indeed be asking your original question. If you are a Part timer/Hobbyist (and that doesn't make you any less "legitimate" on these boards in my view) you should at least know the Bose is relatively pricey compared to some smaller, simpler solutions, and perhaps the Bose is overkill for you in terms of price, quality, and learning curve - it is indeed a plug n play system, (much simpler than many PA's I've seen and/or operated), but there IS a certain period of "adjustment" you go through to get the Bose sounding optimal - i.e. the VERY best it can, - and you WILL want it to sound the very best once you start messing about with it.

Please accept my post in the constructive spirit intended.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online