SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#251946 - 12/27/08 03:25 PM Re: Multi-track recorders
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I love selling the ZoomHD8CD and right now I'm selling them for $499!
This includes an 80GB Hard Drive, CD Burner, Real Drum and bass machine with sampler function (up to 66 seconds of sampling time). There are 529 drum sounds and you can assign them to the onboard touch sensitive pads.
There are also 475 preset rhythm patterns and you can create up to 511 user patterns.
There are 130 types of effects.
There are 18 different guitar amp models.
A 2.0 USB port supports high speed data transfer.
It can act as a control surface for a DAW application.
There is an onboard CD-C/RW drive.

This is a bargain at $499.00!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#251947 - 12/28/08 10:39 AM Re: Multi-track recorders
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
WOW Great price match George. Zuki..., George is matching online prices with this deal.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#251948 - 12/28/08 10:53 AM Re: Multi-track recorders
zuki Offline

Yes, I know and appreciate it. But I'm undecided:

BR900CD
DP-02CD
Zoom HD8CD

All around the same price. Boss and Tascam have a video manual available, which is a big plus.

Am familiar with Boss OS.

Gonna decide soon.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#251949 - 12/28/08 11:01 AM Re: Multi-track recorders
Dnj Online   content

Ziki....for that money you could pick up a great laptop there are sales all over....use a great EASY to use recording prog like Acoustica MIXCRAFT 4 & still burn your CD's with it. Mixcraft 4 has some nice Video tutorisals also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT9MuP2QID8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoMgUo1cqkU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SurBYNXgVVs

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-28-2008).]

#251950 - 12/28/08 11:06 AM Re: Multi-track recorders
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
KingFrog's right. Those Zoom models are big sellers..., and do outsell the Boss line. They're also very easy to use.

Boss recorders are nice.., but as with ANYTHING that carries the Boss name you're going to pay a bit more even if the features don't match the competition. Boss gear isn't just expensive to the consumer but Boss dealer costs aren't that great either (unless they've made some changes over the last few years)

Actually the Zoom margins are thinner. A lot of Large Internet Music Stores won't carry them because Samson is Zoom's US distributer and is a Sam Ash subsidiary
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#251951 - 12/28/08 11:17 AM Re: Multi-track recorders
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Ziki....for that money you could pick up a great laptop there are sales all over....use a great recording prog like MIXCRAFT & still burn your CD's with it.

Notebooks are always better and far more utilitarian and the least of them will do a nice job on small lighter weight projects. My wife does her projects on a Dell 1501 and M-Audio Fast Track USB. But you will need to spring for a decent interface. Chose your interface based on the software you want. Personally I use the Presonus Firebox.

I have been a Cakewalk fan since version ONE since it came on 5 1/2" floppys and have tried Cubase, Ableton, and a few others but always came back to Cakewalk is still my favorite. No copy protection dongles etc. Boss' Edirol UFX25 is a great USB interface if you want Cakewalk since Roland and cakewalk are now partners as is Cubase and Yamaha much to my disappointment.lol.
Pro Tools is considered
"more professional" if you know you will use a major studio at some time, you will most likely found Pro Tools there. Seems when people pay for Studio time, they expect Pro Tools even though the major software out there today can do everything Pro Tools can do for 99% of the projects and use NON proprietary plug ins that can be shared easily cross platform unlike Pro Tools.

BTW Audacity is FREE Open Source multi track recording software that makes a good entrée into computer recording

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 12-28-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online