SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 17 of 18 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 >
Topic Options
#251493 - 01/08/09 03:14 AM Re: Audya Released!
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

I know that it was a Mp3 file played theu the KB...but it was still an MP3 back up with him playing along correct? you can do that easily with a LT... & someone has to pay 6k for that priveldge?

No, it was him playing some user styles that can be purchased in portugal. He was playing live without mp3 playback, atleast the styles I can point out, which were almost all of them.

#251494 - 01/08/09 06:33 AM Re: Audya Released!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:

No, it was him playing some user styles that can be purchased in portugal. He was playing live without mp3 playback, atleast the styles I can point out, which were almost all of them.

ok then what was the girl singing? wasn't that a Mp3 played thru the Kb or other means in the DEMO?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-08-2009).]

#251495 - 01/08/09 08:37 AM Re: Audya Released!
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
I'm pretty sure this is "live" by use of styles, and the girl
sing via micinput on the Audya.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#251496 - 01/08/09 08:49 AM Re: Audya Released!
Dnj Offline

ok so we agree the guy is playing the Audya sounds or with styles over the top of a MP3 file of the girl singing either thru the Audya or some other device.

#251497 - 01/08/09 10:43 AM Re: Audya Released!
fc_xander Offline

Loc: Portugal
Hello again.

I see that you find my 2nd video with me and my friend Carla , that plays and sing.

This 2nd video was recorded in a diferent mode , and the sound is not so good that in the 1st video with my friend Pedro Teixeira.
In this 2nd video i record from the rec-Output of a mixer Behringer xenyx 1832 to my pc.

In the 2nd video i pretend to demonstrate how work the old SD1 Styles in the Audya with small modifications , only Drum Kit change to a better option than the Standard , and ajust some levels on the chords.
In one case i change the CHORD 5 to LIVE GUITAR BEAT 2.

My friend Carla sings with a Sennheiser E945 direct to MIC1 of Audya with only the reverb LARGE HALL of the AUDYA with no Eq in the audya Equalizer.

We use ONLY the stereo out.

And NO pLAYBACKS , no Mp3 , no wave , no midifile.
In Portugal we dont like that kind of "music" , 95% of the profissionals only play with styles.

One information i can give you about the STYLE ARRANGER.

like AJ told , we have:
DRUM 1 , that works in midi mode with the drum kits , like the other ketron models , or in Live Audio Drums where we can choose a sequence pre made from the library or from the USER AUDIO DRUMS folder.

DRUM 2 , work in Midi mode with the latin percussion , in grove mode and in audio groove. This audio grooves are audio sequences of percussion , or kicks or other parts of drums pre made that we can choose from the library to put in the style.

BASS , works in midi or we can change to AUDIO BASS and choose a bass sequence from the library to put in our style

Lower 1 & 2 are equal to old models

Chord 1 , chord 2 & chord 3 work equal to old models.

Chord 4 , works on Midi mode like in old models , or we can activate the arpeggiator and choose one arpeggio from the library
We have guitar arpeggios , strings arpeggios , synth arpeggio and we can use an arpeggio and change the sound.

CHord 5 , works on midi mode or we can change to LIVE GUITAR mode and choose the audio live guitar "riff" from the library or from the USER LIVE GUITARS folder

Sorry for my bad english

Best regards from Portugal
F.C.
www.ketronaudya.wordpress.com

#251498 - 01/08/09 10:55 AM Re: Audya Released!
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
ok so we agree the guy is playing the Audya sounds or with styles over the top of a MP3 file of the girl singing either thru the Audya or some other device.

The girls was singing through the Auyda via the mic input and the guy was playing the arranger live. there was no mp3 playback from what I heard.

#251499 - 01/08/09 04:37 PM Re: Audya Released!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
I listened to the first demo and could not understand what all the fuss was about .It soundeed just like any other top of the range arranger keyboard. The styles were pretty ordinary to me.

However the second video caught me off gaurd as some of the nuances in the bass guitar on the second demo were truly magnificent but there was nothing like that detail in the first demo using more conventional styles. the quality of the style programing seemed nice but no better than what i hear on conventional arrangers even though there were just flashes of brilliance hear and there. This leads me to ask the question how many styles will actually use real audio samples on the audya ? Does anyone know ? and how well does the real audio sampled loops mix with their midi programmed tracks because it seemed obvious to me which tracks in the style used audio and which were midi. Thats not good.

Also does the audya have anything like yamahas SA or korgs DNC ? Listening to that rock guitar solo in the second Clip was really disappointing and sounded very obvioulsy like someone trying to play guitar on a keyboard. Or the trumpet on the third video which had no expression nomatter where you played it on the keyboard or what velocity it was played at. When compared to yamahas SA guitars and trumpets and saxes and Korgs DNC electric guitars etc the Audya did not compare favourably.

If i knew nothing about the Audya and had to judge just from these demos i would say this was a great keyboard up there with the Tyros and Korg PA series but not better. If i had to pay nearly a third extra for the Audya compared to the other totl arrangers i think that i would have serious reservations about this purchase. Obviously i havent heard the instrument in person but no manufacturer would put up any demos unless they wanted their customers to get a flavour of what the instrument can do. I like what i hear but its no as good as i was expecting to hear and from the time this product was first rumoured to be made i had very high hopes. Perhaps too high.

#251500 - 01/08/09 05:14 PM Re: Audya Released!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
This is what I've been saying all along...

If the audio loop styles are THAT much better (and they had better be, at that price!), you are NOT going to want to follow them up with something that sounds quite ordinary at best.

And for those that perform music that the ROM live loop music library doesn't cover (or want multiple styles in the same genre), you are kind of in trouble...

#251501 - 01/08/09 07:19 PM Re: Audya Released!
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
If you think logically about it, and I say maybe???? Audya looks to have the capacity for major Software and Hardware upgrades, the cost to produce add ons whether they be styles, sounds, better programming, is much less than the R&D required to put a board together. One thinks that there may be a keyless console say an A1 (Audya1) !and pricing for the add ons for the Audya in the future.

I think both Korg and Yamaha will be looking, if not allready now, and thinking the board market has run its race with the soft synth, computer markets, that will probably trounce them on price sooner than later. So all developers will be looking for the base board, with the add on market being integral. I mean I got Spectrasonics Omnispere and wow, I put it as good as Oasys, and a fraction of the price, so this all makes sence to me, and Audya possibly being the last major arranger for Ketron, could be placed to live on for quite some time, as I said maybe??? the writing is on the wall for other manufacturers as well.

#251502 - 01/08/09 09:49 PM Re: Audya Released!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:

The girls was singing through the Auyda via the mic input and the guy was playing the arranger live. there was no mp3 playback from what I heard.

Ok Thank you for the clarification I stand corrected.

Page 17 of 18 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online