SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
Topic Options
#251328 - 12/25/08 06:04 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by big741.1:
Interesting clip from a documentary called Before the Music Dies.

How to Create a Sexy Pop Star: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irk3_p15RJY .

Worth five minutes of your time?
Dan

[This message has been edited by big741.1 (edited 12-25-2008).]

Spot on, Dan...

Like I said, I think its mostly style and little substance. That said, there are good quality musicians out there amidst the noise and clutter.

I think...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#251329 - 12/25/08 06:05 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
Dnj Offline

It's Money vs Talent nothing more in the so called POP world....

#251330 - 12/25/08 10:26 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
Bill.....I could say the same thing about drugs. Ask an addict and he will tell you the drug is affecting me “in a good way.” That’s fine for the moment, but in the long run, what's the result?

My greatest nightmare is that this fellow's performance becomes the standard in entertainment and the Luciano Pavarotti's of the world are completely forgotten!

But....keep up the thinkin'. I like folks who "think." I wish I had more time to!

Lucky

As long as there are "lesser performers" and "elite" musicians and music consumers, you need not worry about the Pavarotti's going unnoticed
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#251331 - 12/25/08 10:35 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
It's Money vs Talent nothing more in the so called POP world....

One has to look away from the CD bin at Walmart to find music they will be content with. Its not always about commercial appeal.

Earth Wind and Fire and Chicago (before the demmise of Terry Kath)and BST were my favorites and still are, At the time my peers were laughing at my taste while they knelt at the alter of the Doors, Rolling Stones and Led Zepplin.

(I do like and listen to Zepplin today though. Still cannot stomach the Stones or the Doors.)
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#251332 - 12/25/08 01:05 PM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
Dnj Offline

To solidify my statement just watch the Grammys....or AMA Pleeeeeeaaasssseee!

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online