SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
Topic Options
#251257 - 12/19/08 08:11 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:

This isn't too bad, Dave...you are definitely better than the guy referred to in the thread.

Ian

#251258 - 12/19/08 09:01 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi All
My musical partner Midge - Keyboardcapers - has discovered a place where you can set up your own web site(s) completely free of any charge - see example http://www.divasndisco.synthasite.com/
Just go to www.synthasite.com and take it from there.
Rog

#251259 - 12/19/08 09:04 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
The guy is a working musician whether or not some like what he does or not. Someone is paying him. I will tell you this having spend 6 months on a cruise ship in a headlining show., The lounge players as well as ALL the entertainment is judged by the patrons on comment cards and those cards mean a ton to whether you keep a job whether on the Main Stage or on the Poop deck for happy hour. People love rating things.

If the people like him thats all that matters.In the end its not the opinions of fellow musicians, better musicians, or virtuoso musicians that matter. ONLY the audience. Apparently this guy makes a living doing what he does so in my book he is far ahead of many who may play better by a huge margin but still are forced to work day jobs for their living frustrated at those who can and do despite their supposed inferiority.

LOL.....The audience don't care if he is playing the "proper chord changes" to a particular song!They don;t even "listen", they sing along with the melody.

The general public is so dumbed down it has opened a lot of doors for those who did not put in years of work to earn a living...some using Arranger keyboards, other's being karaoke DJs.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 12-19-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#251260 - 12/19/08 09:22 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
ianmcnll Offline

I've seen formidably mediocre players hold their audience spellbound, and technically proficient musicians turn an audience off completely...so it's not always musical technique that is working, but just how effective the player/performer/entertainer is at connecting.

#251261 - 12/19/08 09:30 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
-

[This message has been edited by chony (edited 12-19-2008).]

#251262 - 12/19/08 09:30 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:

The general public is so dumbed down it has opened a lot of doors for those who did not put in years of work to earn a living...some using Arranger keyboards, other's being karaoke DJs.

There you go, endearing yourself to the members of this board again . The fact that I agree with you (sort of) also doesn't help your cause .

chas

#251263 - 12/19/08 09:33 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I've seen formidably mediocre players hold their audience spellbound, and technically proficient musicians turn an audience off completely...so it's not always musical technique that is working, but just how effective the player/performer/entertainer is at connecting.

You guys can rationalize all you want, BAD IS BAD.

chas

#251264 - 12/19/08 09:38 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
You guys can rationalize all you want, BAD IS BAD.

chas

It's not "rationalization", my friend, it is reality...remember, we are playing for the "common ear" not our musician buddies or SZ members.

#251265 - 12/19/08 09:43 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I'll bet it's not a top of the line cruise ship like we are thinking of. It's probably one of those two hour site seeing cruises. that leaves from Podunk goes around the island and back. And sometimes includes lunch.

#251266 - 12/19/08 10:16 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Show off !!! Seriously, Dave this is good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online