SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#251228 - 12/21/08 02:05 AM Re: Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it speaks volumes when one manufacturer has to punt the styles of another. It suggests to me that they don't have the required musical talent in-house, and that being the case also suggests instruments being designed by PC programmers, rather than musicians.

#251229 - 12/21/08 08:00 AM Re: Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Seamaster

If the OAA could only play Yamaha styles then I would agree with you, however Yamaha style play is merely a convenience, (Most conversion software has difficulty with the latest Yamaha styles, so Wersi has just provided a solution for those that want it) and as NO Yamaha styles are even provided, this rather blows your theory out of the water.

BTW The OAA can directly read the following formats:

stw. The native OAA format

sty. The Yamaha format

sto. The old OAS format

Styles in stw format are continually provided during the various free updates, (An additional 14 Christmas styles have recently been uploaded to the Wersi site)

I would also be interested where you got the information that the OAA needed Yamaha styles to work, (I have certainly never said that) as there is no literature, forums, (Including SZ) or anywhere else that says this.

Regards

Bill

#251230 - 12/21/08 08:47 AM Re: Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
The OAA can directly read the following formats:
stw. The native OAA format

Which we've never heard.

Quote:
sty. The Yamaha format

Which are someone else's

Quote:
sto. The old OAS format

Which are rubbish.

Quote:
I would also be interested where you got the information that the OAA needed Yamaha styles to work, (I have certainly never said that) as there is no literature, forums, (Including SZ) or anywhere else that says this.

I would be interested where you got the idea I said any of this. :-/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online