Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#251218 - 12/18/08 01:06 PM Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#251219 - 12/18/08 04:51 PM Re: Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Save yourself a few bucks and get a Yamaha Stagea....... I'd take the D-Deck over Wersi.., simply based on what I've heard to date.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u4nHH1cloc&feature=channel

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-18-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#251220 - 12/19/08 01:00 AM Re: Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
abacus Offline

Thanks Squeak

I thought I had posted all the various links to D Deck performances some time ago, but I must admit I missed this one.

Cheers

Bill

#251221 - 12/19/08 04:47 AM Re: Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Bill. So what you appear to be saying is importing the Yamaha styles appears to be the only way of getting reasonable style backing on the Wersi ???

#251222 - 12/19/08 05:47 AM Re: Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
That's what I got out of the post...., which is why I said save yourself some money and just get the real Yamaha styles and buy a Stagea D-Deck...
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#251223 - 12/19/08 06:07 AM Re: Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
abacus Offline

Hi Graham

You do not need to use Yamaha styles (Although they are the most abundant available) but you DO need the OAA, (Open Art Arranger) as the standard OAS style system although improved, harks back to the Spectra/Pegasus days of the 80s and 90s. Great if you play organ, (As styles just get in the way and you normally use just drums or simple backing) but totally useless and crap if you want to play it like a modern arranger. (I just wish they had chosen to use Roland styles rather then Yamaha, as I find the Yamaha styles to be too song specific and canned)

Hi Squeak

Forgot to mention, the sounds off the Wersi were recorded using the built in microphone on the Camcorder which was placed to the side of the speakers, (It was recorded at an informal get together at Wersi Austria) whereas the Yamaha was recorded direct through the usual mixer systems that Yamaha use when they demo their products.

Regards

Bill

#251224 - 12/19/08 03:00 PM Re: Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Don't you have to go to Japan to get a Yamaha organ anymore (D-deck?)?

If so...that's sad. I had a HS8T at one time...wow.

If they put T3 sounds/styles ect into a D deck..WOW.

Lee

#251225 - 12/19/08 03:40 PM Re: Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
What's wrong with a T3 and a secondary (dare I say it? 76 keys ) keybed beneath and some MIDI pedals. It's going to blow the Stagea out of the water...

#251226 - 12/20/08 12:57 AM Re: Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
abacus Offline

If you want the best in anything, you have to mix and match, however most folks just want a complete solution that you just plug in and play, which is where if you want 2 manuals & pedals. The organ Rules

The same applies to arrangers, they are an easy, convenient package (Plug in and play) whereas the best would be a Workstation, controllers and computer rig.

In addition, styles are less important with organs, as you will be playing the bass lines and most of the accompaniment yourself, thus fully orchestrated styles just become a pain in the backside. (Butt)

If you are over in Europe, then there is a dealer in Germany that will import the Yamahas over for you, and they are extremely popular in Europe. (Just look at the number of manufactures that sell organs in Europe)

You would also be surprised how many of the old Yamaha EL90/900 Electones are still being used on the Pro circuit.

Regards

Bill

#251227 - 12/20/08 04:29 PM Re: Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Dki,
YES, I agree...a Tyros (2 in my case) or a PA2XPRO with my CME UF70 (76 key) Midi keyboard AND a Roland PK-5 pedalboard is what I have successfully done.

A few things on the arranger's could be better for this to work a little better (like lower hold whe using MIDI).

Lee

#251228 - 12/21/08 02:05 AM Re: Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it speaks volumes when one manufacturer has to punt the styles of another. It suggests to me that they don't have the required musical talent in-house, and that being the case also suggests instruments being designed by PC programmers, rather than musicians.

#251229 - 12/21/08 08:00 AM Re: Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
abacus Offline

Hi Seamaster

If the OAA could only play Yamaha styles then I would agree with you, however Yamaha style play is merely a convenience, (Most conversion software has difficulty with the latest Yamaha styles, so Wersi has just provided a solution for those that want it) and as NO Yamaha styles are even provided, this rather blows your theory out of the water.

BTW The OAA can directly read the following formats:

stw. The native OAA format

sty. The Yamaha format

sto. The old OAS format

Styles in stw format are continually provided during the various free updates, (An additional 14 Christmas styles have recently been uploaded to the Wersi site)

I would also be interested where you got the information that the OAA needed Yamaha styles to work, (I have certainly never said that) as there is no literature, forums, (Including SZ) or anywhere else that says this.

Regards

Bill

#251230 - 12/21/08 08:47 AM Re: Styles from Yamaha on Wersi
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
The OAA can directly read the following formats:
stw. The native OAA format

Which we've never heard.

Quote:
sty. The Yamaha format

Which are someone else's

Quote:
sto. The old OAS format

Which are rubbish.

Quote:
I would also be interested where you got the information that the OAA needed Yamaha styles to work, (I have certainly never said that) as there is no literature, forums, (Including SZ) or anywhere else that says this.

I would be interested where you got the idea I said any of this. :-/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online