Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Sorry Rikki, I misunderstood what you were referring to with the editing process using Style Creator. Yes, you can edit individual drum parts, but you are right about having to re-record the other style components.

As for creating a style from scratch, I never found it difficult at all using style creator, and the program does a great job. Yes, it does take a bit of time and effort, but it's not a complex program. The problem with Style Creator, Voice Creator and Song Creator is the instruction manual, which is very poor at best. Fortunately, websites such as PSR Tutorial, have a lot of good folks there who have taken the time to rewrite the manual's specific instructions in clear, concise language that makes using these programs a lot easier.

So, to answer the original questions, you can create styles from scratch, and it really is not difficult. Yes, you can copy parts of factory styles to third party styles, and it's very easy to do. Yes, you can do either function using PC based software. And finally, yes you can create midi files from scratch and edit them on the T3, which is not at all difficult. However, editing midi files using Song Creator can be a bit time consuming, but the end results are usually quite good. MIDI file editing, however, is probably best done using PC based software such as Power Tracks Pro, Band In A Box, etc..

Cheers,

Gary

Thank You for that very direct and unambiguous answer.
It will help in me making a decision.