SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#251013 - 12/15/08 09:14 AM Bose Support
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
After three (maybe more) years of using the Bose L1, the latch on the cover protecting the control panel and inputs failed to work Tightening the screw did not fix it. One minute the cover appeared to securely latched. The next it would pop open.

The other night while packing up, the cover popped off. If the little plastic nubs on either side of the cover are still intact, you can, carefully, bend the cover and re-insert the nubs to re-attach the cover.

Unfortunately, one of the nubs had broken off. I grabbed my credit card and called Bose Support. One quick check on their computer showing I was registered owner of an L1 and they (Mike) said they would ship a new cover out to me, no charge.

When the service is exceptional, I believe it is worth mentioning. So there. I did.

Eddie

#251014 - 12/15/08 09:36 AM Re: Bose Support
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Eddie, I'll second that. The fuse on my L1 power stand blew out Thursday night. The short story is that I damaged the housing that holds/secures the fuse in place trying to replace the fuse, I also damaged the circular plastic piece that houses the assembly. I called Bose service and they indicated I'd need to ship it back. Since my office is only a 20 minute drive to the service center I delivered it on Friday. The rep at the service desk estimated there would be a 2 week turnaround time.

Fast forward to Saturday, I received an e-mail saying that the power stand had been repaired and is being shipped back to me. UPS tracking shows it will be at my office tomorrow.

#251015 - 12/15/08 09:41 AM Re: Bose Support
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Dog chewed through the cable on the main controller and we even told them that the dog did it! Expected to pay for it. They sent out a new one no charge no shipping same day.

-Linda

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online