SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#250921 - 12/15/08 05:17 AM Re: Final OAS Real Styles mp3s
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If you don’t believe me, here are some 3rd party styles that have been written for the OAS Style system. http://www.tastenpoint.at/shop/index.php?cPath=29_51

As you can see, without the OAA (Open Art Arranger) even basic arrangers leave the OAS styles for dead.

Sounds, well that’s a different matter.

Regards

Bill

#250922 - 12/15/08 09:43 AM Re: Final OAS Real Styles mp3s
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK then, lets hear the stuff that's supposed to knock our socks off and have us all writing out cheques for ten grand...

#250923 - 12/15/08 09:57 AM Re: Final OAS Real Styles mp3s
abacus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:
OK then, lets hear the stuff that's supposed to knock our socks off and have us all writing out cheques for ten grand...

Buy me the OAA software and I will show you

#250924 - 12/15/08 04:30 PM Re: Final OAS Real Styles mp3s
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Here's where, once Wersi have ripped you off the first time by selling you a VASTLY overpriced arranger with styles and sounds mired in the eighties, they then add insult to injury and charge you an arm and a leg to update to the latest software and styles and sounds... (and no-one is exactly raving about those, either), That is, unless you have to upgrade your hardware (MORE money) just to run those new upgrades!

In the meantime, Roland and Korg are dropping multiple upgrades adding groundbreaking new technologies, new styles and, in Korg's case, new sounds....

FOR FREE...

Wersi, you should be doing SO much more, at those prices..

#250925 - 12/16/08 01:29 AM Re: Final OAS Real Styles mp3s
abacus Offline

1. Organists find styles get in the way, and the vast majority of Wersi sold are Organs.

2. The OAS system was conceived just as styles (As we know them today) were coming into existence, and like most organ manufactures Wersi thought it was a fad that would soon disappear. (Head in the Sand)

3. If you look at the price of the upgrades required (Hardware and software (Plus you don’t have go through every software upgrade) the price you paid for the instrument has now cost not much more then users have paid for all the boards they have traded in for new ones (Only the fastidious have not followed the hype and wait until a real upgrade board arrives)

4. Since OAS 7 was launched I have lost count of the number of new voices added (Including Legato voices) during the free updates that have been produced. (The new styles added during this time are for the OAA only)

5. When Wersi did get their head out the sand (Along with other organ manufactures) it took them 2 years of R & D to develop the OAA, and thus have an arranger section that easily equals and in most departments leaves the competition behind (Audya should give it a good run for the money though) in addition many new styles, sounds (Specifically for backings) and features have been added during the free updates that have been produced. (Roland had a much easier time for change over, as they just modified their organs to read the Roland arranger format styles as well as their organ styles)
While a big company could absorb the R & D by bringing out a new model, and marketing it as the best thing since sliced bread, a small company does not have that option.

6. Should Wersi do more for existing owners, Absolutely, but kicking them up the backside (Butt) doesn’t seen to make much difference.

7. As what needs to be added (At no cost to existing owners) has been mentioned in my review of OAS 7.

8. Extras; I wish they would allow direct play of Roland Styles, as for me, Yamaha Styles are just too song specific and canned.

Not sure if it still applies, but most of the US models had LE attached to the model name, which I believe signified a different sound setup for the US market.

Regards

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 12-16-2008).]

#250926 - 12/16/08 08:31 AM Re: Final OAS Real Styles mp3s
Bachus Offline

Don't shoot Wersi for some demo's

I have heared the Wersi in one room on the same PA with Tyros 2, PA800, G70, SD5... and it sounded by far superior then those others...

Just the price is still above my budget and they try to make you pay for every update....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#250927 - 12/16/08 08:46 AM Re: Final OAS Real Styles mp3s
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I've heard Wersi demos that sounded great.., but I'm sorry Wersi must be out of their f$*$&% minds (in today's day and age with technology) to expect customers to drop that kind of dough on a keyboard and then continue to pay over the years for OS updates.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#250928 - 12/16/08 11:21 AM Re: Final OAS Real Styles mp3s
abacus Offline

Hi Squeak_D

If it’s an upgrade OS (Not update) then it is no different to a user buying a Tyros 2 to replace their Tyros 1, with exception that the software upgrade costs a fraction of the price.
Virtually every OAS update has been free; the exception was Drums 2007 which in my opinion should have been free, (Not an option) as while it contained a few extra drum kits, it was essentially just reworked drum samples. (And there are boat loads of free drum samples available anyway, so you can make your own kit up)

Regards

Bill

#250929 - 12/16/08 11:22 AM Re: Final OAS Real Styles mp3s
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wersi has such a tiny retail presence globally, that I can think of no good reason for them to not have some compelling demos online. Other than being unable to create any, of course.

Their market is a handful of misty-eyed pensioners, who are apparently willing to be parted from their retirement lump sums thinking that buying one will make them sound like Klaus Wunderlich circa 1980.

#250930 - 12/16/08 11:31 AM Re: Final OAS Real Styles mp3s
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
The problem for me is that i have never heard a wersi sound great. I have heard great players play a wersi in a particular genre playing mostly theatre organ or 60's pop organ but thats about it. Noone should complain about yamaha drums when hearing those demos as wersi have not updated their drums since the 70's if you judge them by your ears alone and not marketing text.I admire your sticking power Abacus with your support for the Wersi product but it seems to me that they have done abolutely nothing to earn your loyalty.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online