SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#250709 - 12/11/08 04:46 PM Re: A new concept
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Actually, I have been anticipating (although I am not aware of anything) for Muse to do something like incorporating their Receptor into a keyboard and then allowing users to load up their own software.

Or there is also the option of doing it D.I.Y. After all, Linux software is ALL open source, so I could see no reason why a person could not load something like Q-ranger, OR Q-tractor on a Linux equipped laptop for example, add a controller keyboard, and there you have it.. a pseudo Media Station. I know it's not QUITE as simple as that, but definitely do-able.

One Man Band sort of got it okay, but restricted itself to Windows and linked only to Yamaha style types, which are notoriously complicated.

There is no doubt Dom is on the right track. And you and I both know that when a major company sees a good idea, instead of copying they just buy it!!

Dennis

#250710 - 12/11/08 04:57 PM Re: A new concept
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
The trouble with the MS is that the CONCEPT is twenty years ahead of us, but the EXECUTION is twenty years behind.

Cutting edge design, tied to sounds and styles fit for a Casio!

Diki,

Once again all conjecture on your part. You've never seen a Mediastation in person let alone played one so you're talking out of your rear. Dom's execution is hardly 20 years behind, the MS sounds great and has fantastic capabilities. Its styles may not be on par with the big three but it certainly isn't lacking for sounds. If there were a Casio, Roland, Yamaha, Korg, or Ketron product that could do half of what the MS can I doubt you'd be bashing them. Dom's marketing strategy may not be to your liking but your incessant ranting about what a pile of crap the MS is has really gotten old.

#250711 - 12/11/08 05:07 PM Re: A new concept
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Ensnareyou..., don't even waste your time man. I enjoy many of Diki's posts, but geez oh man..., this guy totally trashes a keyboard he has never even laid hands on.... I agree the styles aren't up to par with the big three, but Diki come off it man.... It's getting old.., just give it a rest for Pete's sake.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#250712 - 12/11/08 05:31 PM Re: A new concept
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Actually, I have been anticipating (although I am not aware of anything) for Muse to do something like incorporating their Receptor into a keyboard and then allowing users to load up their own software.

Or there is also the option of doing it D.I.Y. After all, Linux software is ALL open source, so I could see no reason why a person could not load something like Q-ranger, OR Q-tractor on a Linux equipped laptop for example, add a controller keyboard, and there you have it.. a pseudo Media Station. I know it's not QUITE as simple as that, but definitely do-able.

One Man Band sort of got it okay, but restricted itself to Windows and linked only to Yamaha style types, which are notoriously complicated.

There is no doubt Dom is on the right track. And you and I both know that when a major company sees a good idea, instead of copying they just buy it!!

Dennis

For live play OMB isn't fluid enough....but I also hop in teh future that someone will make a software program that can be Midi's up to a lightweight controller and operated in an EASY "LIVE PLAY" FASHION just as a real arranger can work....In today's high technology it's definitly time for this wouldn't you say?

#250713 - 12/11/08 05:51 PM Re: A new concept
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Donny.., watch what you ask for Before you know it a 5 piece band will be 5 guys/gals between the ages of 18-21 each armed with nothing but an ipod and egos twice the size of the stage....
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#250714 - 12/11/08 05:56 PM Re: A new concept
shim Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
A new concept would be to buy a base unit with Key-bed grade you desire in 61/76/88 key choices.....then be able to ADD at your discretion 1,2,3,4, etc, modules of your choice to just snap into the KB ....eg: Vocal harmony, Style libraries, Sound libraries, SMF/Mp3 players, Sampler, etc, .......in other words
"Make the KB your Own"

Ahhhhhh whats the use?....

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-11-2008).]

Exactly. I agree. Right on.

Just like dell makes customized computers, why shouldsn't there be customizable KEYBOARDS???

Yamaha and Korg (and roland..) Wake Up!!! We're in 2008!

#250715 - 12/11/08 05:58 PM Re: A new concept
miden Offline

I agree totally Donny...
I have been considering a move to an I-Mac, but I might investigate Linux further I think, and just see what programs are out there.

The last time I really researched Linux+music was a few years ago.

Now, I THINK, Q-ranger and Q-tractor are both open source linux software,and Dom has ported them to run on his particular hardware configuration, as I said before I can see no reason why this could not be done on other hardware platforms as well.

But again, you are spot-on and you would think there would be more available, "PC"-wise.

Surely there is a programmer somewhere who could write this sort of software??

I am not a programmer, but maybe OMB itself could be modified to be a bit more generic...like...Jammer Live, which was really good and quick and I evne had the patches all set up for the Motif ES, but they stopped at version 1??

So maybe there is not a big enough market?

Then again with the financial crisis, maybe software can be viable again?

Dennis

#250716 - 12/11/08 06:24 PM Re: A new concept
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Ensnareyou..., don't even waste your time man. I enjoy many of Diki's posts, but geez oh man..., this guy totally trashes a keyboard he has never even laid hands on.... I agree the styles aren't up to par with the big three, but Diki come off it man.... It's getting old.., just give it a rest for Pete's sake.

I suspect Diki may be getting a Media Station soon Squeak, so the "trashing" may indeed cease!!

Of course I could be totally wrong, but some things Dom has said, and Diki's renewed interest ONLY in the sample loading times, and the loading of instruments on the Audya, nothing else, not the styles, not the sounds, just sample information, has sent a return ping to my radar, in any case!!

That and the fact he hasn't responded to a direct question in another thread....

And hasn't he been pestering Dom about getting one for free so HE could program some real styles and help Dom show off the Media Station in the best possible way?

Now I don't think he's getting one for free, but it won't be terribly expensive either...Just a hunch

Anyway time will tell I suppose...

Dennis

#250717 - 12/11/08 07:16 PM Re: A new concept
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Donny.., watch what you ask for Before you know it a 5 piece band will be 5 guys/gals between the ages of 18-21 each armed with nothing but an ipod and egos twice the size of the stage....

Squeak thats almost the Norm RIGHT NOW!!!!
They already have Ipod DJ mixers.... http://www.numark.com/idj2

It's the knowledge of what to play & when that they DON'T have

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-11-2008).]

#250718 - 12/12/08 02:08 AM Re: A new concept
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Actually there is a product (Software) that has been available at a very reasonable price for some time now, however up until recent times has always been a bit short in the total integration market.
With the release of V10.5 I think they are pretty much there and worthwhile having a look at.
Here is the link www.live-styler.de

Regards

Bill

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online