SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#250562 - 12/09/08 02:22 PM TO: Cap'n Russ ....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
You still planning to visit our neck of the woods in January ?!?!?
Inquiring (make that nosey) minds (Steve, Mikey, me) want to know ...
t.

#250563 - 12/09/08 04:34 PM Re: TO: Cap'n Russ ....
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Tony, I'm still planning to get to Boston, with some time to hang around. One problem is, the manager of the clients distribution center there is in his 80's and there's talk of relocating the center to either Lexington or Atlanta, where the sales rep group is located. My dear old friend may be forced out.

I'm sort of playing it by ear. I may have to go to Italy instead to plan the details of the move and transfer of responsibilities with the manufacturer. That would nmean a lot more work here, and, frankly, I'm no youngster, either. The last time I took more than 1/2 day off was in 1982.

I'll let you know...

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 12-09-2008).]

#250564 - 12/09/08 04:36 PM Re: TO: Cap'n Russ ....
captain Russ Offline

Tony, even if I don't get to Boston for the Italian company, another client, a Credit Union, is going to brand label a credit card in mid-year, and I'll have to get to that area then. Getting to your neck of the woods is a priority for 2009.

That would be GREAT!

Russ

#250565 - 12/09/08 04:47 PM Re: TO: Cap'n Russ ....
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Russ, just get your butt up here, we'll make sure you have a great time. Some great restaurants in Rhode Island, talk is that many are rated better than their Boston competiton. Much of that is attributed to Johnson & Wales culinary arts school is located in Providence. Hope to see you when you can get here

#250566 - 12/09/08 05:00 PM Re: TO: Cap'n Russ ....
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
there's talk of relocating the center to either Lexington or Atlanta

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Atlanta. Music.....Atlanta vs. Rhode Island? You're kidding, right? Sorry, Tony.

chas

#250567 - 12/09/08 05:49 PM Re: TO: Cap'n Russ ....
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Atlanta. Music.....Atlanta vs. Rhode Island? You're kidding, right? Sorry, Tony.

chas

Providence is a 50 minute ride to Boston and with the number of former Massachusetts residents who have located to Rhody we're sometimes called a suburb of Boston, for music please check out http://scullersjazz.com/ http://www.regattabarjazz.com/

Got a date soon with the Mrs. for an overnight stay at Guest Quarters Suite where Scullers is located. We're going to see Brazilian jazz pianist and vocalist Eliane Elias

I know Atlanta may hold it's own for the Jazz scene, but it's no Boston. Sorry Chas

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 12-09-2008).]

#250568 - 12/09/08 06:07 PM Re: TO: Cap'n Russ ....
captain Russ Offline

Atlanta is a sure thing. I go down about 6 times a year. The sales agent organization for my Italian manufacturing client is there. I just need to plan to stay a little extra time. Recent trips (three in the last 2 months) have been for about 4 hours-then back to work on deadline projects.

I'll be there in the next few months for sure. Chas, I'll let you know as soon as the trip is planned. Hopefully, we can visit a bit.

Russ

#250569 - 12/09/08 08:23 PM Re: TO: Cap'n Russ ....
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:

I may have to go to Italy instead to plan the details of the move and transfer of responsibilities with the manufacturer.
I'll let you know...
Russ

Rhode Island/Boston/Atlanta vs. ITALY?!?!? ... now THAT is no comparison !!! ...

chas ... why don't you take a trip up here the same time as Russ ... we'll try to find some decent jazz for you to hear ...

t.

#250570 - 12/09/08 08:27 PM Re: TO: Cap'n Russ ....
tony mads usa Offline

Steve ... that's a real nice overnight stay at Sculler's ... great dinner package, and I'm sure you know that if you book the dinner/show early, you will be right up front ...
Enjoy,
t.

#250571 - 12/10/08 05:20 AM Re: TO: Cap'n Russ ....
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Steve ... that's a real nice overnight stay at Sculler's ... great dinner package, and I'm sure you know that if you book the dinner/show early, you will be right up front ...
Enjoy,
t.

I see you've been there and done that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online