SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#250409 - 12/07/08 08:17 PM Re: Some of my favorites...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Russ - thanx for the nod, my friend. I'm honored to be in such esteemed company!
You're on my "1st call" list when I get to horse country! ( I just gotta remember to bring my own coffee! )

#250410 - 12/07/08 09:52 PM Re: Some of my favorites...
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Thanks Russ for including me in your list..I know I have been most remiss in not posting some jamming somewhere.. But it has been a bit topsy turvy for me over these past few months with different gear and "modus operandi", so I must get to it and do some.

Maybe even get someone to do a youtube vid at a gig.

But again thank you so much for the props. You made my day!!

I would LOVE to visit the USA and catch up with all you guys, that would be way cool.

Maybe one day. Just gotta get that #1 record.

All the best m8,

Dennis

#250411 - 12/07/08 10:43 PM Re: Some of my favorites...
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
You guys always leave me out!

Anyone like originals, got about 60+ I've created using my arranger http://chipos.com
(Click the play button an the bottom right)
Boy, can't pass up an opertunity to plug meself..
btw/I have a heck of a good christmas song to lead it off!!
happy holidays!

Yamaha should be paying me..

[This message has been edited by beachbum (edited 12-07-2008).]

#250412 - 12/08/08 04:27 AM Re: Some of my favorites...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hey, you may not have made Russell's list of favorites, but you're definitely on mine.

Nice stuff...always a treat.

Ian

#250413 - 12/08/08 08:59 AM Re: Some of my favorites...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thanks, folks. I had absolutely no agenda here other than giving well-deserved recognition. I do wish I could hear more music from more people. But, the people I recognized are the ones I personally enjoy and admire from a musicianship standpoint. It's interesting to me the diversity of styles and differences in equipment used.
Since I'm a musician and not much of an entertainer and haven't been able to see "shows" by members, I only considered the music side of performing.

And, Steve, I think working in diverse fields
and trying to be a pro in all of them keeps you young (at least I hope so).

Good music is good music. And good players deserve recognition. It never occured to me that anyone would consider this post a slight or snub. Be assured, that's not the way I do things.

Happy Holidays, everyone,

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 12-08-2008).]

#250414 - 12/08/08 12:26 PM Re: Some of my favorites...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:

Good music is good music. And good players deserve recognition. It never occured to me that anyone would consider this post a slight or snub. Be assured, that's not the way I do things.
Happy Holidays, everyone,
Russ
[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 12-08-2008).]

Only someone who has never been around here would even BEGIN to think like that ...

Except of course if that someone was me who is TOTALLY mortified, embarrassed, and upset at being left off your list !!!!!...
Who is going to play spoons in your hillbilly band NOW, Russy boy ????????

t.

#250415 - 12/08/08 12:40 PM Re: Some of my favorites...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I'm not going to list "favorites", and no doubt I will leave someone out and for that I apologize in advance, but I will say that I have really enjoyed listening to the music and musicianship of Diki, Andrea, and Chico, ... I consider Donny one of the top "entertainers" on this board, ... I would go to hear UD, DonM, Chris Valenti and Gary Diamond play and sing ANYTIME, ... and I have enjoyed the music posted by Bill, beachbum, DanO, and others ...
I have heard some of Russ' "work", but would love to hear him 'play', along with chas - (and NO chas, I am NOT egging you on to post something ) - and some of the others ...

JMHO,
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 12-08-2008).]

#250416 - 12/08/08 12:51 PM Re: Some of my favorites...
Dnj Offline

Tony thanks Buddy... it was a pleasure meeting you & your lovely wife also .....we gonna get up to RI one of these days also with a stop at Franks store too..

This is the perfect reason why we should all try to organize Jams around the country periodically and try to get there to meet, play, and enjoy each others company & musicianship. I'll be at the January jam in Shreveport Louisiana with Fran the 18,19,20,21, should be a blast common down. See Don M for INFO ASAP.

#250417 - 12/08/08 01:08 PM Re: Some of my favorites...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Tony, you're one of my all-time favorite folks here. I thought about it and couldn't remember hearing anything posted.

You'll always be my "first chair" gut bucket guy!

Say Hi to Lydia for me, and you guiys have a worderful holiday.

R.

#250418 - 12/08/08 01:19 PM Re: Some of my favorites...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Thanks for the inclusion... Now, I'm not trying to be TOO controversial here (plenty of other claimants for that!), BUT....

But we need to get away from this "If you're not first, you're last" mentality.

There are great players not mentioned, great entertainers, great members here... but it wouldn't be a list if EVERYONE was named..!

It would simply be a roll-call

You WANT to read that?!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online