Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#250378 - 12/07/08 12:05 PM Re: Suggested breathing exercise
Dnj Offline

#250379 - 12/07/08 01:07 PM Re: Suggested breathing exercise
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Good to hear from you Dave!!

As far as the Hammond 44 goes... I get ALL the breathing exercise I need singing at the top of my lungs. Controlled breathing that is...

Hope all is well with you and your family Dave. Merry Christmas!

Best,
Mike

#250380 - 12/07/08 03:54 PM Re: Suggested breathing exercise
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
The Hammond 44 must be a different animal altogether, judging by it's price of $549 sreet.

I'm guessing that the Hohner 32 that George is referring to is the S-32 student model which can be found online at a little under $50.00. The Hammond 44 is more equally compared to the Hohner HM-36 which is their pro version melodica. It has a street price of around $325.00.

The Hammond 44 has 8 more keys, an internal microphone, comes with three choices of mouthpieces and a very nice custom padded nylon gig bag with shoulder strap and Hammond logo. The Hohner HM-36 comes with a single mouthpiece and a padded carrying case. A lot of thought also went into the case design; it is accented with woodgrain-look end caps, a brass instrument style water valve (us trombone players call'em spit valves), strap buttons, adjustable left hand strap, on-board volume control, and the case is vented to increase the tonal response when played acoustically.

If the idea of having a melodica is of interest, you could surely by an S-32 to give it a try. But chances are you will find yourself wanting more keys, better tone, microphone, etc.

I currently use a Suzuki Pro-37 and it is a beautiful instrument. I rigged up a wireless mic for it and run it through a Zoom G2.1u multi-effects pedal. My band mates and the audiences seem to really dig it.

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 12-08-2008).]

#250381 - 12/08/08 05:38 AM Re: Suggested breathing exercise
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Good to hear from you Dave!!

As far as the Hammond 44 goes... I get ALL the breathing exercise I need singing at the top of my lungs. Controlled breathing that is...

Hope all is well with you and your family Dave. Merry Christmas!

Best,
Mike

Hi Mike,

How's it going? Glad to see you're still around these parts.

Easy on the vocal chords, you don't want to have a blow-out.

I know it may sound odd, but I am having the best time with my Melodion. I bought it because the band I am in does a few reggae/Caribbean type songs and I thought it would make a nice addition to our sound, which is does. But the first gig that I played it at was with my jazz quartet. I decided to do Black Orpheus (Day in the life...) and ask the drummer to use brushes and start a medium bossa beat and told everybody else to lay out until the second chorus. The effect was very cool, the entire club went silent and watched because it was such an unusual sound. I ended up using the Melodion several more times that night.

Keep on playing and singing and have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

#250382 - 12/08/08 05:43 AM Re: Suggested breathing exercise
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Speaking of Hohner wind-blown instruments, I think the Hohner Claviola would be really fun to own. Unfortunately Hohner only made them for less than a year. Didn't catch on, but what a cool sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBqSLNr87Q4

[This message has been edited by FAEbGBD (edited 12-08-2008).]

#250383 - 12/08/08 08:11 AM Re: Suggested breathing exercise
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
Speaking of Hohner wind-blown instruments, I think the Hohner Claviola would be really fun to own. Unfortunately Hohner only made them for less than a year. Didn't catch on, but what a cool sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBqSLNr87Q4

Hi Rory,

Thanks for the link. Yes, the Claviola is a very neat instrument. I wish I could find one of those.

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

#250384 - 12/08/08 11:26 AM Re: Suggested breathing exercise
Dnj Offline

After watching thsi stuff.....
And you people laugh at a Chicken Hat?

#250385 - 12/09/08 01:16 PM Re: Suggested breathing exercise
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Donny, the guy is a dufus, for sure. Guess, it's all part of his silly little French show.

The act does nothing but piss me off, but it IS a demo of someone using a melodica. A chicken hat is probably the perfect adder...certainly wouldn't hurt the act.

(Sorry to be in such a "fowl" mood)!

"Cluck, cluck...cluck, cluck"!

Russ "Chicken Shack" Lay
(Sorry, Jimmy)

#250386 - 12/09/08 06:19 PM Re: Suggested breathing exercise
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Yes, the S-32 Student Hohner for under $50 is the model. It does come with a mouthpiece and a long flex hose and it comes in a very nice padded zippered case. It really is a good value for someone just wanting a mouth piano to have some fun with.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#250387 - 12/09/08 06:25 PM Re: Suggested breathing exercise
zuki Offline

Agreed, goofy, but perhaps not for the audience intended. Got to admit, they were both musically talented.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online