SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#2497 - 01/12/03 04:25 PM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK well now I have to go looking for a hardware synth to use. Can't use my two old Arp synths.

#2498 - 01/12/03 04:38 PM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
OldSchool Offline

Loc: Lexington, KY USA
No need for that. Fruitly Loops demo is free for download at Tucows...see http://www.fruityloops.com/. Acid also has a demo which you can get at http://www.sonicfoundry.com/. And, just to help fuel the slander, Band in a Box has a demo at http://www.pgmusic.com/. All, I believe, use included sampled sounds to get you started so you won't need your synths at first, though I think Cloakboy is right about Fruity Loops being open MIDI as well.

#2499 - 01/12/03 05:13 PM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Oldschool, I was just at Cakewalk.com looking at some of the software that might be eaiser for me such as Music Creator 2003 And PC Music Pack 2003, and Plasma 2003. These looked a little eaiser to work with then Fruity Loops, since Cakewalk dose sell them but they are more for the pros. And I am more of a hobbyiest. I had Cakewalk Home Studio 7 for a while, but that was still a little confuseing. I think I need something to work with right away, and not get boged down with any complicated menues and such.

#2500 - 01/13/03 07:55 AM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok well I downloaded BIAB and Fruity loops Demo Versions. And I hate to admit it but I prefer Fruity loops over BIAB. Actually after playing BIAB and hearing how awful it sounds, ranks up there with elevator music yuck!, I deleted it. So you were right Ooldschool Fruity loops is what I am looking for, even though it is a litle more pro oriented. It has the typs of grooves I am looking for. By the way do you know where I could download demo copies of software synthesizers?

#2501 - 01/14/03 11:50 PM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
Jiddu Offline

Loc: Australia
Sorry paul.. read your request wrong.

Thought you wanted to learn how to play music.

Cloakboy.. You gota lota rage.

#2502 - 01/15/03 08:04 AM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can play music, it's sheet music that I can not read. Right now I am trying out different things. Such as trying Fruity loops, and Acid Xpress 3.0. Put it this way I am no Mozart.

#2503 - 01/15/03 12:47 PM Re: Can a person with very little musical talent create music?
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Jiddu:
Cloakboy.. You gota lota rage.

yeah.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online