SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#250335 - 12/09/08 08:00 PM Re: New Audya Demos
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My concern WASN'T with the audio loops... that's already been asked and answered.

I simply want to know how fast the sampler (it DOES have a sampler, doesn't it? ) loads at, OK?

#250336 - 12/09/08 09:24 PM Re: New Audya Demos
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi AJ,
have they included note editing functions in the style creation section?
Something along the lines of a note event list editor??

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#250337 - 12/10/08 12:41 AM Re: New Audya Demos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If the data line is fast enough to stream audio directly, then loading time for ordinary samples should be fine.

As to hard disk resilience, then this has not been an issue for years, even a desktop drive can take more then any player can muster. (Even if his fingers are powered by TNT explosives)

Regards

Bill

#250338 - 12/10/08 03:16 AM Re: New Audya Demos
to the genesys Offline

AJ thanks for your response.

Will there be a PC program where one would be able to connect the keyboard to the computer and perform most of the editing features using the PC?

#250339 - 12/10/08 08:56 AM Re: New Audya Demos
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Interesting... It seems that questions involving sample load time (external samples loaded into the Audya by way of USB) are either being purposefully ignored by AJ, or Ketron U.S. hasn't given him the okay to discuss this topic possibly. One obvious reason for the apparent "silence" would be the Audya only has USB 1.1 and therefore it would be really poky at loading any kind of external audio samples such as .wav files. >> Think Tyros2... OTOH, if the Audya DOES have USB 2.0 you would think Ketron U.S. and/or AJ would be gushing over with enthusiasm telling us of that very fact. Since no one is gushing over and spilling the beans about this VERY pertinent question and topic, it looks like Ketron has quite possibly relegated the Audya to the stone age when it comes to its USB interface apparently. I say "apparently" because the USB 1.1 vs. USB 2.0 for the Audya has YET to be cleared up by either AJ, Ketron U.S., or the company headquarters itself in Ancona, Italy.

Best, Mike

PS:I am very concerned that the Audya will only have USB 1.1 and NOT the 2.0. that everyone is hoping the Audya will have. >> One word from AJ or other personnel at Ketron U.S. could dispel these rumors and concerns in a heartbeat.

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-10-2008).]

#250340 - 12/10/08 09:19 AM Re: New Audya Demos
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Lets use the term transfer vs. load

Currently I can transfer a sample from a floppy disk in to the sampler on my SD1 in a matter of seconds.

If you have a sample on a memory stick, it will only take a few seconds ...

Any audio samples that are associated with style play with the Audya will stream from the hard drive, when the style is called up.

Any audio samples form a different source can be transfered in to the sampler in seconds.

If you wish to use the sample with a style, you need to slice it to match tempo of the style you are trying to create. Once you have done this, you transfer the sample to the master folder that controls samples..

all transfering of samples from sampler to hard drive is done internally in seconds.

#250341 - 12/10/08 09:47 AM Re: New Audya Demos
Diki Offline

I am getting a bit tired of 'answers' that aren't really answers...

It 'should' do this, it 'ought' to do that, 'you would think' that this is what might happen...

That's NOT an answer. That is conjecture, pure and simple. You have no more of an idea than I do (I THINK I know what the answer is, but I want to know what it REALLY is).

We've got people with impossible load time estimates (15min for 1GB on a Yamaha... please! ) and totally blue sky estimates, making out like they are giving an answer...

You REALLY need to hedge those bets, and at least admit that you don't actually KNOW.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 12-10-2008).]

#250342 - 12/10/08 11:22 AM Re: New Audya Demos
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
There is NOTHING, NOTHING, N-O-T-H-I-N-G-!!! that takes the place of GOOD musicians playing together ... That said, if we NEED to play an arranger, of course we want the best voices, drums, styles, etc. ... THAT being said, what is BEST for one is not necessarily best for another ...

t.

#250343 - 12/10/08 11:24 AM Re: New Audya Demos
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I will shoot a video of me loading a sample in to the sampler of my SD1 ..would that qualify the answers ?

Later tonight..I will do this.. send me an email to dan.oneil@yahoo.com

#250344 - 12/10/08 11:43 AM Re: New Audya Demos
Diki Offline

No... I want to know about the Audya. Not the SD-1.

Are you telling me DEFINITIVELY that the Audya is identical in it's sample load up procedure (NOT loops, but Akai multisamples) to the SD-1? (and if so, it's not exactly a major improvement, then, is it?)

Have you got some Akai disks? Have you loaded Akai mulisamples (a drum kit, or maybe a sampled multi-velocity piano set for example) before? All you have talked about so far is loops into an SD-1. Thanks for the info, but what I am after is Akai multisamples into the sampler section...

The sampler of an Audya, that is...

What I'm after is the time to load 64MB into the sampler, and it be ready to go. If it is slower to read Akai than it's own native format, I would not be surprised, and if possible, I'd like a load time in Akai format and the same load in native (presumably, you can load Akai, create the voice programming in the Ketron, and save as a Ketron sampler load), some samplers load faster in their native format...

Sample load times is one of those untalked about stats. Virtually NO manufacturer out there publishes them in their keyboard specs, but IMO, it is one of the most critical specs that can let you know whether the sampler is a practical live tool, or something only fit for the studio at best.

The Audya, being built around a CPU from a computer, you would THINK loads up a lot faster than embedded systems like the SD-1. So data from an SD-1 isn't (I hope!) indicative of what the Audya does, for good or bad...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 12-10-2008).]

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online