SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
Topic Options
#250265 - 12/05/08 08:17 PM Re: New Audya Demos
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I believe that the audya will do very well in Europe. I think the pricing was about 3800 euros or it may have even come down. It maybe a little harder here in the states due to the euro vs. dollar. As far as sales of the T3 vs sales of the Audya, the T3 will most likely out sell the Audya only because you have more dealers worldwide and yamaha has a lot more marketing muscle. Sound wise I have yet to try the audya but owning so many ketrons in the past (about all of them) my feeling is that it's going to blow the T3, Pa2x out of the water.

As far as repairs and support, I don't believe that any Ketron will have to go to italy for repairs. when Bell Ketron was open, I never had a problem with repairs, they almost had 99% of all the parts on present keyboards and even on the older ones and if they needed a part it came quickly from Italy. I not sure about Ted at CMC but I'm sure that they will do a good job as did Lou from Bell Ketron.

Style library, well just have to wait and see. They have a big style library for the MS series and the X series. Hopefully they will do it again for the audya.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 12-05-2008).]

#250266 - 12/05/08 08:25 PM Re: New Audya Demos
Dnj Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v7hcuR7zFY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfwNDgSNBhY

listening....is Audya really that much better?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-05-2008).]

#250267 - 12/05/08 11:20 PM Re: New Audya Demos
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v7hcuR7zFY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfwNDgSNBhY

listening....is Audya really that much better?]

You might want to get a better monitoring system or clean the cotton out of your ears if you believe the Audya didn't sound much better than the PSR-S900. It was very apparent on my monitors the Audya demos were punchier, more live, more realistic, and on an entirely different level than any Yamaha arranger I've heard or owned. The ghosting and snare buzz on the drums alone show that Ketron took the time to make the drums sound real.

Given the fact MP3's are but a fraction of the true frequency range of the real instrument the Audya probably sounds phenomenal in person. I've played the PSR-S900 in person many times and I just don't understand what the hype is about it. Yamaha arrangers are thin, canned sounding, and their stereo separation is quite poor. With the exception of a few SA2 voices I don't see Yamaha offering anything that puts them ahead of any other TOTL arranger.

Yamaha could have made great strides forward with the T3 and put the high end Clavinova Piano as standard on the T3 and had hundreds of SA2 voices instead of just a few. The reason they didn't, to make more money! Adding a few hundred MB piano sound to the Tyros 3 would easily cut into their Clavinova sales and there's no way that Yamaha would allow that. Utilizing hundreds of SA2 voices would have taken far more ROM which costs money. Rather than lower their profit margin Yamaha would prefer to sell the customer short and make them want the next model. Hope is an amazing thing and it's making Yamaha rich, keeping hope alive that their next TOTL arranger will be the panacea. It never is, it probably never will be, but those that believe the hype plink down their hard earned cash to find out.

#250268 - 12/05/08 11:33 PM Re: New Audya Demos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Click on the English (Union Jack) flag on the top right of the page, click the New Demos button and all the details will then be in English.

Regards

Bill

#250269 - 12/06/08 12:10 AM Re: New Audya Demos
leezone Offline

ok, i listened to all demos,

now i like AUDYA more...great demos

BUT...BUT

the Dance styles to me are lacking big time

they reaaly lack that deep kick, that deep bass,
these Ketron dance styles sounded thinner than any dance styles i have ever heard,

maybe its an overall eq issue with these particular styles,

but these dance styles would NOT get me out of my seat to dance..

maybe Ketrons drums are too "live" for cutting edge modern dance/trace/club/pop stuff,

it seems Ketron is all about live, acoustic sounding , which is great ,

but to me it lacked that "modern" sound

but i guess you can't have one arranger that does it all

Ketron needs to incorporate modern sounds too, and "in your face deep kicks drums, and deep bass, 808 kits and the like

and then they will have the ULTIMATE arranger

but i like the AUDYA so far...

i just hope that all parts can be EQ'd and apply effects individually as you can on Roland,

#250270 - 12/06/08 03:19 AM Re: New Audya Demos
Bachus Offline

It sounds great.... and has 76 keys...

It sounds better then T3 or PA2X out of the box, but is it just as expandable ?

Now thats the question..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#250271 - 12/06/08 05:37 AM Re: New Audya Demos
Dnj Offline

Most of what your hearing are "GROOVES" that are pre-recorded add-ons like the SD5 uses verses just a style alone...so essentially your playing along with an mp3 riff. Now how many grooved per style are there or is there only one if so wont that be very repetitive sounding if you use them .

#250272 - 12/06/08 06:03 AM Re: New Audya Demos
to the genesys Offline

IMO, most important is whether or not third party audio loops (bass, drums and guitar) can be imported in to the keyboard and used with any style.

#250273 - 12/06/08 06:19 AM Re: New Audya Demos
Dnj Offline

Is all this loop, riff, mp3, snippits add ons a good thing or is it taking arranger KB playing down another avenue that says "FAKER" more & more to an audience?
Pretty soon they'll be calling us "RIFFEOKE" artists Music is getting more automatic, players are getting more lazy.....when will it end?

#250274 - 12/06/08 06:38 AM Re: New Audya Demos
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
It'll end Donny when we're giving voice commands to our keyboards.., and rather than actually play something.., just simply tell the keyboard to do whatever we need

My question is what's the sample rate of these new audio loops....

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-06-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online