SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#250222 - 12/04/08 10:50 PM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
shim Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Songman55:
Wow Gary, I have tears in my eyes. I've gotten to know you fairly well in the last year and you are one of those very special people. You enjoy giving more that receiveing. I'm sure you feel as I do that in the past few years, we have really found our place. I played night clubs all over the place for many years but never did I find the love and satisfactcion that I enjoy today than when I started playing the NH or retirement community circuit. Here we have found a group of people that really appreciate what we have to offer and they give that back in love and appreciation. I truly dread the day that I have to start cutting back, because, in all honesty, I'm having the time of my life. Your posts here have been an inspiration to me and I hope we can get together for lunch after the first of the year. You are a true gentleman and a performer of the first rate.

All the best!

Joe

We at Chabad play very often at retirement homes, so I understand where your coming from... Not even to get paid, just to make the old people happy. What can be better then lightining up a old man/woman's heart?
This is true Fullfillment.

[This message has been edited by shim (edited 12-04-2008).]

#250223 - 12/05/08 01:53 AM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Gary. Well done...but you will live to 100 anyway so you have time with the family to look forward to.

#250224 - 12/05/08 05:08 AM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Gary: I've followed your inspiring posts for a couple of years now. Bittersweet comes to mind when reading this topic. You do eventually have to wind things down but I sure admire the way you did this. Having never been able to meet you and personally say thanks for all you've done for the rest of us to lift up our sagging spirits is also a bittersweet thing. Wish you could make the January Jam at Mason's hangout in Shreveport. Regardless, please accept my best wishes... it's nice to kick back and watch the world spin by.

Best, Dave

#250225 - 12/05/08 05:45 AM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary ... Having met you and spoken to you on a number of occasions, I feel I know the person you are ... This had to be very difficult, and I can relate it to when I played my 'last gig' with the band after 26 years, because I was moving out of state ...
The great thing is that you are only 'cutting back' (to more gigs than a LOT of people play a year ) ...
Enjoy your free time with Carol and the family ...

t.

#250226 - 12/05/08 06:07 AM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Gary, I empathize with you. These last couple years have seen my playing time dwindle to next to nothings, except church. Now with my recent illness the pastor wonders if I should consider taking it a bit easier. How do you say goodbye to something you love so much, like our music.

I'm sure you will look back on these years as the greatest of your life. On behalf of those who didn't get to say it, let me say it for them - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR GIFT OF MUSIC !

#250227 - 12/05/08 06:14 AM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
Dnj Offline

Gary a bold decision in this economic downfall.........maybe after a year on the sail boat you'll get rejuvenated and back kickin' butt out there full bore once again your needed out in the trenches!!!

Good Luck Mr.Wizard ...

Remember you could have a "REAL" job

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-05-2008).]

#250228 - 12/05/08 06:18 AM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks for the complements and well wishes everyone. I wish I could make the Shreveport, LA jam next month, but the schedule is still a bit hectic. Even with the number of jobs I'm cutting back to, the schedule is still fairly heavy.

Thanks again,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#250229 - 12/05/08 06:45 AM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gary...You are a Man of Great Character and Integrity....You put Your Love of Others(Family) before Your own Desires...But Still share Much Love...The World needs more people like You...Good Music is Sharing LOVE!....Blessings Harold

#250230 - 12/05/08 07:38 AM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Gary, I'm not far behind you, and am already planning cut-backs. I dread making theat first step. Like everything else, you're doing this with class.

Be well,

Russ

#250231 - 12/05/08 09:23 AM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
Musicman22 Offline

Loc: Boynton Beach, Fl.
Gary

I'm glad you're just cutting back and not stopping completely.
I must say you're a kind, generous and patient man. I've called you many times and you've always helped me. You've patiently hung in there with me, and if you were not home you would return my call.
I always read you posts here and at PSR Tutorial and look forward to continue reading them.

Good luck to you and your family.

Peter

[This message has been edited by Musicman22 (edited 12-05-2008).]

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online