SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#250232 - 12/05/08 09:34 AM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I'm already down to once a week with an occasional stint over at Club 290 (best jazz club in Atlanta) and even that is sometimes a chore. Wish I had Tony Mads will and guts to go through with that joint replacement surgery but so far I'm too chicken (I should be wearing Donny's hat). Got an injection just this morning at the Atlanta Sports Medicine Ctr. (they do the Falcons and most of the other Atlanta sports teams - all you see in there are world-class athletes and old folks - ironic, isn't it?). I should be good for another 4-6 months. Enjoy the semi-retirement but don't give it up completely until you absolutely have to (or until your wife kicks you out of the house, whichever comes first in retirement). Take care.

chas

#250233 - 12/05/08 11:57 AM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
You deserve a nice retirement for sure. 100 countries - how about Indonesia ? How did you manage to do that ?

I sure hope you also experienced God as much or more than I do. I saw a good number of miracles. If you need advice on this subject, I know quite a bit and did a lot of research. I can even show you a place right here near Hayward where miracles happen everyday. I am talking about real miracles that defy natural laws.

#250234 - 12/05/08 12:50 PM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Wish I had Tony Mads will and guts to go through with that joint replacement surgery but so far I'm too chicken

Got an injection just this morning at the Atlanta Sports Medicine Ctr.

all you see in there are world-class athletes and old folks - ironic, isn't it?). Take care.

chas

chas ... thanks for the 'props'. but somethings are done out of ABSOLUTE necessity ...

I kept taking shots until they didn't help any more ...

which are you ?!?!? .

t.

#250235 - 12/05/08 12:55 PM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by lukitoh:
I saw a good number of miracles. If you need advice on this subject, I know quite a bit and did a lot of research. I can even show you a place right here near Hayward where miracles happen everyday..

Let me guess, someone has a Yamaha arranger with a good drum kit.

Just kidding. I know you're serious. Actually, Ian may be interested.

chas

#250236 - 12/05/08 03:04 PM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Ian: just email me valutech@pacbell.net

Be happy to show you guys firsthand about the miracles. There is another world beyond us to explore and I think there is hope for us on the other side. Christianity is real and if we look hard enough and lucky enough we can find it. Just take some effort - not even that much of an effort. People are too busy and too many excuses. Many said lets wait until I am retired maybe I have time then. Then when they retired, another excuse again. The time is now ! The payoff is huge ! Not to mention very very interesting. One of the miracles I mentioned is here in Union City and was witnessed by many people all over the world and even covered by the local paper at one time. We are so fortunate to witness this event still happening as we speak. It will break any atheist notion that the Christian God is not real.

Come on down to Hayward all you RETIREES and even non-retirees. We can sing some Christmas songs together at my house and jam ! I have put together a fully decorated Christmas theme at my house. I got mixer, speakers, 2 boards and a nice elec drum.

You're right about the Yamaha arranger. I have PSR3000 and have enjoyed reading Gary's posts all these years. His contribution to this forum is immense to say the least. It enriched my playing for sure. But nowadays I am playing my other Casio digital piano which is another awesome board. I am a low spender - want big performance with little dollar. I like a good value if you know what I mean.

#250237 - 12/05/08 03:32 PM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
cgiles Offline

Lukitoh, forgive me. I was just kinda teasing Ian, as his religious views pretty much parallel mine. I shouldn't have been making light of what is very personal, very real, and very serious, to some. My sincere apologies.

chas

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 12-05-2008).]

#250238 - 12/05/08 04:20 PM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
all the best to you and your family. i stopped performing 2 years ago (i'm 61) due to health. i was talked into playing new years eve at our community club house(6-8).
i'll be home watching tv by 8:30.i miss the money of the 300 gigs, but i'm so thrilled
to be with my family for the first time in
years. don't forget we still need your input here,i've learned alot from you.
have a great semi-retirement.
regards
dave

#250239 - 12/05/08 05:08 PM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The way the economy is going, I may just have to keep working until I expire at the keyboard

But that was what I was planning on doing, anyway (it will save me a load-out, at least!)...

#250240 - 12/05/08 05:12 PM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Quote:
I've made lots of friends, some of which are entertainers and musicians who frequent the Synthzone

I always appreciated your friendly advise.
That makes you a special friend.

Good Luck with your semi-retirement.

------------------
Larry
The NEW SynthZone Map

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#250241 - 12/05/08 06:19 PM Re: Saying goodbye is hard to do...
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
...I may just have to keep working until I expire at the keyboard

But that was what I was planning on doing, anyway (it will save me a load-out, at least!)...

Now THAT is the funniest thing you've ever said Diki!

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online