SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#250173 - 12/03/08 09:56 AM Multi Pad Control (PSR-3000)
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Hi.
The Multipads are very important to me and I have noticed that on the T3 it is now possible to Syncstart the multipads - on the PSR-3000 I have to press it myself, but usually that is no problem cause I use the right hand.
But more has not changed, probably because multipads are not used as sequencers, but they can be. On my page you can hear them in action in 3 songs. http://www.hercodeboer.nl/mytube.htm
The reason I use multipads is because I want to be able to play these songs live.

But because I find multipads hard to edit.
First of all - if you start in the first bar and you press edit, the machine adds an empty bar at the beginning. So after editing you have to remove that extra bar again by subtracting 1 bar for every note played. You can imagine that if you have 50 bars en 4 different multipad (like in "Lepus") that it is quite a task you have to perform everytime you want to edit something.
Some things can not be edited (like overall volume for a single instrument).
And as a whole editing multipads is difficult and time consuming.

So, is there an easier way, or should I look for another instrument altogether? I had my hopes up for the T3, but that also goes for the guys who want 76 keys.
I like the Yamaha sound, so perhaps I should look at the Motif instead?

#250174 - 12/03/08 11:48 AM Re: Multi Pad Control (PSR-3000)
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Excellent work and sound quality!. Congratulations.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#250175 - 12/03/08 04:30 PM Re: Multi Pad Control (PSR-3000)
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I have not programmed PADS on the Yamaha, but I can tell you the PADS functions and ease of programming them (copy from any style element, roll your own OR import from MIDI) on the Korg PA2XPRO is superb. Recently I have discovered just how good they work and sound. Sometimes they are so good...I don't even use the style!

With the PA, they do not sync start with the style, but they are synced to the style if it is running.

Lee

#250176 - 12/04/08 01:11 AM Re: Multi Pad Control (PSR-3000)
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
I found your explanation and methodology of using the multi pads on your PSR 3000 very informative and interesting with the end result being an excellent well played composition.My thanks.
Gilbert.

#250177 - 12/04/08 02:55 AM Re: Multi Pad Control (PSR-3000)
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Multipads are easy to edit in a sequencer, after all they are just small midifiles.

Another good thing...If you find one part of a style you like, example guitar riff, then load the style in a PC sequencer and copy & paste part to produce a PAD.
In sequencer PADS should be set at Channels 1.2.3.&4 and saved as .mid type 1 then rename extension.mid to .pad

#250178 - 12/04/08 12:33 PM Re: Multi Pad Control (PSR-3000)
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
Multipads are easy to edit in a sequencer, after all they are just small midifiles.

Another good thing...If you find one part of a style you like, example guitar riff, then load the style in a PC sequencer and copy & paste part to produce a PAD.
In sequencer PADS should be set at Channels 1.2.3.&4 and saved as .mid type 1 then rename extension.mid to .pad

Yes, it would be better to use a PC-sequencer - I once loaded a pad in XGworks to edit, but to check it every time with the style was a bit hard and I didn't really know what I was doing when I changed parameters. Perhaps I should take more time to look at a way to hook up a laptop with the PSR. Just like Bert Smorenberg is showing in this video with the Motif XS: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=jGS_O0LRnCA

Although very impressive, I kind of miss the basic styles.
A Tyros 3 with arpeggiators like the motif would be great for arranging. An editwindow like I see in the Motif would be great too.

I have a look at the Krog PA2XPRO as well.
Thanks for your remarks.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online