SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#250168 - 12/03/08 08:17 AM Music Pad Pro help!!!
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
I found out that you can convert and import PDF files over into the pad. I did that with a lead sheet off of a worship site that I subscribe to. Worked great. I then have a utility that converts anything that can be printed into a PDF file. When I do a chord chart or lyric chart in Microsoft Publisher and convert it to a PDF it looks great in Acrobat, but when I import it into the Music Pad, it imports and converts, but when it opens up, the font is all wrong, you know, the funky looking squares and figures that let you know there is a font issue. I tried several different fonts including several basic universal fonts and even used notepad to make a basic text file into a PDF and it did the same thing.

I guess I will have to e-mail Freehand support but they're track record of follow up has not been real good. I was hoping that my vast arranger family here might be of some help.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#250169 - 12/03/08 08:46 AM Re: Music Pad Pro help!!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Try copying the pdf file into MS paint. Then save it as a .png file. Then import into the mpp. You should wind up with a nice clean copy.

Good luck.

#250170 - 12/03/08 11:41 AM Re: Music Pad Pro help!!!
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Or...

Scan the sheet music in as a b & w jpeg image. Then use the Freehand Music System software that comes with your MPP to convert the jpeg into a .fh file...

That's how I've always done my, works very well..

More than one way to get good results, for sure with this...

Good luck-

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#250171 - 12/03/08 12:25 PM Re: Music Pad Pro help!!!
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Make certain that the image size is precisely 766 by 1022 pixels before you print or import to the MPP. I get results that are as good as the original.

#250172 - 12/03/08 06:45 PM Re: Music Pad Pro help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Jeff...Do You still play the Korg PA1X Series?...I have a EXB-01 piano Expansion Board with app 30 voices...16MB still in the box...I saved it from when I had the PA1X-Pro Keyboard a couple Years ago...I will give it to You FREE for Your Music Ministry if Interested?...It sold new for $100 plus...Sincerely, Harold

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online