SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#250139 - 12/04/08 09:17 AM Re: is this T2 or T3 but piano is nice
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Man I am sure glad I don;t have you guy's ears.

I'm glad Joe Six Pack doesn't either. To be able to discern Sample interpolation in 2008! CAn you say HOME keyboard. I don;t understand why people don;t understand Yamaha's market. They sell the Clavinova CVP with wood keys for $7000. I would hope the piano is indeed better since their whole line is based on a digital piano. As it is. But the Tyros is a keybord people can buy for 1/2 and sometimes less then half and expect the same quality of sounds?

The Motifs have better voices in some cases. The Korg's guitars and acoustic instruments leave a lot ot be desired as well.

The T-3 is a HOME keyboard. Its marketed that way and sold primarily to home users. Pros giggers use Arrangers at their own Peril or profit.

If you expect it to sound like a real piano in all aspects you need to dump it and buy a controller, notebook and a software sample player that uses 30gigs for the piano. voices.

Expectations are off the charts for a $3500 Arranger keyboard. People forget they are paying a lot for the Arrangement function and not just a workstation sampler.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#250140 - 12/04/08 10:36 AM Re: is this T2 or T3 but piano is nice
jwyvern Offline

Someone's expectations are determined by a number of factors which include the "promise" real or inferred by Marketing or the Specification.
If Yamaha had not been seen to promise something special, like samples from Top of the range CVP's then maybe the expectations wouldn't have been so TOTR either.
Even the Info buttons on the Ty3 itself build up expecations.
Compare the Live Grand, (the previous butt for much criticism on Ty1/2).
Info:
"Acoustic piano voice with realistic sound over the entire range"
Well Yamaha are not building that up so it must presumably still sound pretty ornery on Ty3.

Now look at the ConcertGrand info:

"Acoustic Grand piano "based on" -my quotes- the world famous Yamaha CFIIIs Concert Grand. Multi sampling is used for expressive tonal changes with velocity, and performance characteristics across the keyboard have been adjusted in exact detail."

Well however cynical you might be and might like to point out some of that has also to apply (although unsaid) to the Live Grand, there is certainly an attempt to hype it up and make out this piano is for Tyros3, going to be exceptional.

So when people try it out, find it wanting and they actually find they much prefer the boring old underhyped Live Grand after all, who can really blame them for feeling cheated.

Promise versus delivery ...............

John (home user)

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 12-04-2008).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online