SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#250112 - 12/02/08 10:57 AM Moving Equipment -Multiple Performances In The Same Facility
gcbin Offline

Loc: Huntington, Indiana USA
I have some new gigs coming up next year where I perform in up to 3 different locations withing the same building. I have had a few of these in the past, and just tore it down, put it back on my cart (walmart), rolled to the new location and set it up again. I was looking on line at the Rock & Roller carts, with an optional shelf. Wondering if this may be a possible way to leave everything pretty much hooked up, keyboard on the shelf, speaker and accesories underneath, and roll to the new area for the next performance. Anyone had any experience with the Rock & Roller with the shelf? Wondering if it may be more trouple than it is worth. Any input on how others handle this type of gig would be appreciated. Thanks, Gary.

#250113 - 12/02/08 11:31 AM Re: Moving Equipment -Multiple Performances In The Same Facility
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Between now and Christmas day, I have three corporate parties every Saturday, all in the same country club. I've been working there for over 20 years. I keep a B-3 and suitcase Rhodes there. And, I've got an old-time waiter who gets another waiter to help set each job. He's a church B-3 player. They set the B-3 in one room, the C-1 in another, and sometimes other equipment in the third location. When I show up, everything is on and the volumes are set.

I pay these guys $50.00 to move and connect each room. That's a small amount, since these jobs pay $250.00 up, depending on the number of hours. Most are only an hour...during a company luncheon and before the passing out of presents, etc.

Sometimes, during the year, with multiples the same day, I get these guys to help my son, who manages my "2nd unit". They come in handy for large jobs-multiple Crown power amps-subs-monitors, 16 channel board, 8 15's, etc.

Works for me!

Ho, ho Ho!

Russ

#250114 - 12/02/08 12:07 PM Re: Moving Equipment -Multiple Performances In The Same Facility
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I only know of one performer that used the Rock & Roller shelf--he loved it! He was primarily doing NH jobs, often three in the same day on different floors of the same facility. He had a pair of speakers on the bottom and his keyboard on the shelf. Most of the time he left the entire rig assembled, strapped everything down with heavy, rubber bungee cords, and at the end of the day, rolled it up a ramp and strapped it securely to inside of his cargo van. His setup time amounted to next to nothing. He rolled the rig out of the van, in the door, removed his mic from a small drawer, plugged in the main extension cord, fired up the system and went to work. For someone that is primarily using small speakers and working the smaller NH gigs, this is a great setup.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online