SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#249871 - 12/07/08 09:01 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I haven’t upgraded … yet. I’m wary about doing it before the holiday gig season is over. I have to agree with Uncle Dave, and it’s working very well - for me - the way it is. But, I will upgrade after the holidays.
Ciao,
Jerry

#249872 - 12/07/08 09:20 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Has there ever been a keyboard that has had an option to change the keybed to a better quality one??

what an awesome idea! I would be happy to pay for something like this if it were reasonable

#249873 - 12/08/08 10:58 AM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
Don't get me wrong guys, the PA800 is a fine instrument. It has the most powerful sound editing section of any arranger currently sold. But, considering cheap prices of components such as RAM, the PA800 should have had at least 1GB of DDR2. This is where KORG srewed up big time! It also should have had the KEYBED from the PA1X, as well as more DSP's. NO EXCUSES!

I base all my opinions on facts and comparisons, and by no means on LOVE towards a brand or instrument.

Still, the OS-2.0 is a nice gift to the home-user of the PA800.

Remember, Keyboards are just bunch of plastic and metal neatly integrated to process data! Nothing MORE!

[This message has been edited by hitman (edited 12-08-2008).]

#249874 - 12/08/08 11:16 AM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by hitman:
Remember, Keyboards are just bunch of plastic and metal neatly integrated to process audio data! Nothing MORE!

I thought they made coffee and woke you up in the morning too. Seriously, they also process midi data which, in the end, produces sound through the outputs. Other audio data (excluding the ROM) would be if the keyboard had the ability to load, record, and/or play, audio samples i.e. .wav, .mp3, Akai, etc. But you're right, they're main purpose is to produce "sound" which is what I think you meant.

Best,
Mike

#249875 - 12/08/08 12:17 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Yikes! Do you even LIKE this amazing keyboard? It sounds like you are not happy with it. I, on the other hand - LOVE mine, and have never sounded better. The fixes in 1.6 were more important to me than this current upgrade, but I haven't road tested it yet. It works too well to think I'm missing anything.

While the FX section is harder to buddy up to than some, I think the sound and quality is top notch. There is still no one that beats the harmonizer. On board or out.

I think you need to be taught a lesson..

Bring that PA800 over here..and we will do an "old fashion" comparison...like in "olden days"..

What happened to the old Uncle Dave...when touch {key feel} made a difference...and was a big part of how the sound came through...

And you really need a better experience in comparison of the recent harmonizers...BRING IT ON!!!!

PS: Did Tony call you.....yet?

#249876 - 12/08/08 12:22 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
Dnj Offline

WOW!! this should be interesting!!!

#249877 - 12/08/08 01:01 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by hitman:
the PA800 should have had at least 1GB of DDR2.

Have you calculated how long that would take to load?

Huge RAM is of no use unless it loads up fast enough to be practical. Nothing short of computer based keyboards loads fast enough, IMO, to be of any use at all except in a studio situation, where you could keep it switched on and loaded permanently.

You REALLY want to have to wait 45 min to an hour or more before you can play?

#249878 - 12/08/08 05:07 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi John,
sorry didn't spot your post.
Been tied up getting ready for Xmas.
Got 14 people staying, so it's been a bit hectic getting organized.
Just sent them thru, so let me know if there's a problem.
Unzip folder, & load them into empty favourite or user slots. Individually might be best. You can do that by keeping pressing open till you get to the individual style. They're not conversions, just stuff I've collected.
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by kimbol:

P.S. Rikki could you please send me your jazz / bigband /and latin styles that you sent to nick.I believe these are converted styles for korg pa800. Much appreciated.My E-mail is kimbol@can.rogers.com
Thanks, John

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#249879 - 12/08/08 05:30 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Have you calculated how long that would take to load?
You REALLY want to have to wait 45 min to an hour or more before you can play?

@DIKI,
the load times depend on the quality of components ( RAM, HD..). To load 1GB of samples should take about 15 minutes! That is currently the case with a Tyros 2 that has quality RAM and HD installed.

In this day and age, 1GB of samples does not represent more than 4 or 5 different instruments!

Greetings from Virginia!

#249880 - 12/08/08 07:44 PM Re: Zuki & Korg Pa owners how is NEW OS 2 working out for you so far?
kimbol Offline

Loc: Toronto,Canada
Hi Rikki;
Thank you for sending over the styles.Looking forward to trying them out!!!

All The best. John.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online