SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#249837 - 12/11/08 01:29 PM Re: I Surrender I'm a Yamaha S900 player plain & simple...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Donny,
Have you ever gigged with a ketron, what are your thoughts?

So far I have owned & worked with on stage with a KETRON X1, XD9, MidJay, SD1+....

That being said how can I help you?...
ask away.

#249838 - 12/11/08 01:46 PM Re: I Surrender I'm a Yamaha S900 player plain & simple...
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I'm a newbie to yamaha s900 almost a year now and for the last 10 years always played a ketron with occasional second board like a korg or roland. I no longer own any since I purchased s900, but I find myself recently second guessing whether I made the right choice selling the Sd5 for the s900. Don't get me wrong, I love the sounds of the yamaha, which I wished there were on the Sd5. I play more ethnic music than just american parties, so the ketron at that time had portuguese styles onboard and good latin styles including Brazilian that most portuguese OMB or bands play since there is now in recent years becoming a mixture in the NY/NJ area.

What did you find in the ketrons that made you change and not stick with them?

How does the yamaha work better for you than anyone of the Ketrons?

Thanks, Mario

#249839 - 12/11/08 03:06 PM Re: I Surrender I'm a Yamaha S900 player plain & simple...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
I'm a newbie to yamaha s900 almost a year now and for the last 10 years always played a ketron with occasional second board like a korg or roland. I no longer own any since I purchased s900, but I find myself recently second guessing whether I made the right choice selling the Sd5 for the s900. Don't get me wrong, I love the sounds of the yamaha, which I wished there were on the Sd5. I play more ethnic music than just american parties, so the ketron at that time had portuguese styles onboard and good latin styles including Brazilian that most portuguese OMB or bands play since there is now in recent years becoming a mixture in the NY/NJ area.

Thanks, Mario

Each one of the Ketron units I mentioned is different then the others.many have been discussed here on SZ just do a search. There are many features I love on ketron units like Drum lock, Bass lock, the way the OS saves information, editing is easy & precise, Latin styles are unsurpassed great build too...just to name a few there are many more. I change units frequently not that any ONE KB is better then others but it's more of how many features work for my needs at the time.

With my experience as a player I can make the Yamaha units sound very good....I use workarounds to suit my needs...Im a singer first that backs himself up with an arranger KB & other gear too. For now yamaha is best for my needs "sound-wise" although many of the other features are truly lackluster IMO again a search will give you the answers for sure..

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online