SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#249752 - 12/02/08 05:11 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I think some of you guys are really getting carried away with your psycho-BS analysis of Donny.

As a Physician Andrea, to be posting definitions on adhd in reference to Donny, I think is utterly unprofessional and unethical.

So Donny changes his mind alot...So Donny asks leading questions often...

So?

Now, I don't work in a recording studio nor am I a doctor, but I've got a sense of manners and decency about me, as most of the participants here share...and this negative riffing has really gone way overboard.

It stopped being humorous days ago...

To suggest because he changes his mind as he does he may need medical attention is ridiculous. As the parent of two children who were mis-diagnosed with adhd, your comments are particularly offensive.

From the experts in attention deficit disorders we've spent time with and who have examined our two kids when they were much younger, only when it effects a person's ability to live and function "normally" is the possibility of a clear diagnosis in order.

I don't think any reasonable person would feel comfortable throwing words around like you have, based on the fact that he changes his KB of choice quite often.

Donny has been a successful working musician in a very competitive area of this country for a long, long time. His career stands on its own merits. He has a great family. Donny seems to be a rather solid guy who changes his mind on keyboards alot. He's lived a life that many people would be envious of. To earn a respectable living doing what you love is admirable. Doesn't make him perfect, not at all, but he should garner some respect...

I was going to say what gives anyone the right to be as cutting and critical towards anyone on this forum, but I know the answer. Freedom of cyber speech serves as a protective cloak for countless on the internet everyday...But just because you can say just about anything doesn't mean you should...

In the end, I suppose our membership reflects that of society...some really great folks...some real jerks and most of us struggling in the vast middle...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 12-02-2008).]

#249753 - 12/02/08 05:32 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Right on, Bill!

At that let's close this discussion and move on.

#249754 - 12/02/08 06:08 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
BBBB Offline

Well said Bill! Time to close this thread.

Cheers!

Brian

#249755 - 12/02/08 06:19 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
John DiLeo Offline

This is really sad to read. What is going on here is uncalled for. Bill makes some very good sense especially on that so called doctor post which is shameful.
This all started with a post to sell Roland items? This feeding frenzy is something everyone should look into a mirror about.

#249756 - 12/02/08 06:52 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
to the genesys Offline

Hopefully the original poster does not change from the S900 to something else in the next 6 months. Because that would only show that there is probably a problem and his credibility on the greatness of an arranger would be valueless. Not withstanding the great player he is. No one is saying that he does not help people, no one is saying that he is not a good entertainer, but it is quite the opposit.
That is why there is concern for his unstable arranger behaviour

#249757 - 12/02/08 07:23 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Hopefully the original poster does not change from the S900 to something else in the next 6 months. Because that would only show that there is probably a problem and his credibility on the greatness of an arranger would be valueless. Not withstanding the great player he is. No one is saying that he does not help people, no one is saying that he is not a good entertainer, but it is quite the opposit.
That is why there is concern for his unstable arranger behaviour

What's not sinking in here, guys?

Question his evaluations on the various KB's he's had all you want, but my lord..."That is why there is concern for his unstable arranger behaviour"

Seriously...think about what you just wrote. Play it out in your mind...

...Uh, hello...keyboard danger hotline? Great...I have a friend who I think, really needs some help. What kind of help? Well, medical, I guess. Symptoms? headaches-no...feeling ill, not that I'm aware of...But I'm telling ya, he needs to be seen right away! Is their a doctor available today? Wait...I'm sorry, yes, of course the doctor needs to know what my friends problem is. Let me start over again...Its more his behavior I'm worried about. What kind of behavior you ask? Well, he keeps changing his mind about what arranger keyboard he prefers. He's had several and it seems whichever one he has at the moment is the best dang thing in the world. However, within a few weeks or months he's no longer happy and swaps it out for another one. Have you ever heard of such a thing? He seems very unstable about his thought processes and I'm really concerned for him. Any other symptoms? I'm not sure...Does he have a full time job?...he sure does...he runs his own business...Does he have a fairly stable family life? Yes, great wife...family-the works...

Can I hold? Sure...

...Yes, I'm still here. Oh....I see...uh-uh...ok...if you say so...What do you mean he sounds like he's healthier than I am? How dare you!

Get a grip people and stop typing whatever the hell pops into your brains, ok?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#249758 - 12/02/08 07:37 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Some of you folks need to quit spending your nights at the Holiday Inn. One night doesn't make you a medical doctor or qualified to diagnose a person with any sort of disorder.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#249759 - 12/02/08 08:04 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
John DiLeo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
What's not sinking in here, guys?

Question his evaluations on the various KB's he's had all you want, but my lord..."That is why there is concern for his unstable arranger behaviour"

Seriously...think about what you just wrote. Play it out in your mind...

...Uh, hello...keyboard danger hotline? Great...I have a friend who I think, really needs some help. What kind of help? Well, medical, I guess. Symptoms? headaches-no...feeling ill, not that I'm aware of...But I'm telling ya, he needs to be seen right away! Is their a doctor available today? Wait...I'm sorry, yes, of course the doctor needs to know what my friends problem is. Let me start over again...Its more his behavior I'm worried about. What kind of behavior you ask? Well, he keeps changing his mind about what arranger keyboard he prefers. He's had several and it seems whichever one he has at the moment is the best dang thing in the world. However, within a few weeks or months he's no longer happy and swaps it out for another one. Have you ever heard of such a thing? He seems very unstable about his thought processes and I'm really concerned for him. Any other symptoms? I'm not sure...Does he have a full time job?...he sure does...he runs his own business...Does he have a fairly stable family life? Yes, great wife...family-the works...

Can I hold? Sure...

...Yes, I'm still here. Oh....I see...uh-uh...ok...if you say so...What do you mean he sounds like he's healthier than I am? How dare you!

Get a grip people and stop typing whatever the hell pops into your brains, ok?

Bill you should be a comedy writer.
But all kidding aside, many of these posts here & you can reread them if you dont know, are just uncalled for, mean spirited.
For Pets sake everyone it's only an arranger keyboard. Everyone is already reluctant to post songs, now with this they will be afraid to give an opinion on gear also for fear of ridicule too.I don't get it?

#249760 - 12/02/08 08:04 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I find Andrea to be one of the good guys here. He's literate and has an attitude I wish more had. I'm sure his discussion of ADD related issues was sincere and based on his qualifications as a physician.

Let's not bash one of the "good guys". He has his opinions and his right to comment.

I appreciate him.

And, if Donny has a problem trading keyboards often, I probably have a greater problem... NEVER trading. Owning over 300 stringed instruments and 29 keyboards sounds pretty
"mental" to me. It takes a warehouse to store all the "junk".

Donny is extremely passionate and impulsive. That goes along with his "right brainer" abstract "entertainer" personality. Nothing wrong with that. In fact it's quite entertaining, sometimes.

Frankly, I didn't like Donny much at first, until I started looking beyond the surface.

He's a "keeper"!

Russ

#249761 - 12/02/08 01:45 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
John DiLeo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
And, if Donny has a problem trading keyboards often, I probably have a greater problem... NEVER trading. Owning over 300 stringed instruments and 29 keyboards sounds pretty
"mental" to me. It takes a warehouse to store all the "junk".

Donny is extremely passionate and impulsive. That goes along with his "right brainer" abstract "entertainer" personality. Nothing wrong with that. In fact it's quite entertaining, sometimes.

Frankly, I didn't like Donny much at first, until I started looking beyond the surface.

He's a "keeper"!

Russ

Russ wow! How many total items do you have to need a warehouse?

Also Looking beyond the surface does make a lot of sense instead of mean spirited attacks which are not warranted.

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online