SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#249592 - 12/01/08 01:40 PM Re: Wired headset !!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Did you take a look at the console and note which compressor they used on Pavarotti?

I very much agree with what you said Gary, but getting anyone to master anything here is an uphill battle, be it singing, playing, editing styles, whatever

Everybody seems either utterly happy about what they do, or claim no time or inclination to spend the time to improve (but they got LOADS of time to lurk and post here!). Hence my warnings. How many of us are a Pavorotti of ANY skill? If it takes lessons and dedication to get good enough for a headset mike, it doesn't bode well for it in most here's hands...

#249593 - 12/01/08 03:19 PM Re: Wired headset !!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Diki,

I wish I could have seen the setup, but I was just happy to be there and hear one of the best. He was incredible.

And, I agree when it comes to educating some folks. I spent 12 weeks at Harford Community College, three nights a week, learning vocal techniques from a very accomplished jazz singer. The fee was only $150 and worth every penny. She taught me a lot, it was nearly a decade ago, and I still utilize those lessons today. Ironically, she heard me perform a few months ago at an Italian restaurant, then came up to me after the show. She gave me a big hug and said "Thanks for being one of my best students." From my perspective, it was one of the greatest complements I will ever receive.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online