SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#249536 - 11/27/08 06:59 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
No one is talking about the Roland G1000 anymore either...and it is just as good as it always was..

Especially the Great Chord Sequencer feature amongst so many others that arrangers today still cant compete with.

#249537 - 11/27/08 07:17 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
I really think the Tyros 2 was a benchmark in the arranger world but the Tyros 3 just seems to be the same thing with a few enhancements...

being a Yamaha player and owning alot of their high end boards (Motif XS, Tyros2, PSR 3000) i now have discovered that there is alot more out there...

I cant get over the quality of the drums in the korg. and to me the PA 800 is Korg's midrange but its sound engine and feature capabilities shine with the best of the best for only 2 thirds the price!...

#249538 - 11/27/08 07:24 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

I always though the T3 was released to soon after the T2 with too little....maybe if they waited another year or so and added a few features that players really wanted by listening to their needs instead of assuming it would be better received?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-28-2008).]

#249539 - 11/28/08 10:59 AM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'll reserve my judgment until I can actually spend some quality time playing the T3. Information I've heard directly from actual owners, both over the phone and via email, has all been very positive. Most of the negative comments seem to come from non-owners, those that have no hands-on, actual experience with the keyboard other than playing one in a store for a few minutes.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#249540 - 11/28/08 11:21 AM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Now playing 3 weeks with the Tyros 3,it is so
much fun to play with.
No time to react at this "anti" Tyros posts.
If you own one with real good speakers,you have the best keyboard for this moment.

Impuls.

#249541 - 11/28/08 11:35 AM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by rattley:
I read posts everyday from Tyros3 owners at 3 other forums............like maybe it's the atmosphere here?? -charley

Me too, Charley...I also get lots of great e-mail feedback from my Turos3 clients.

Gary is right...most of the critics here on SZ have never even played it.

I wouldn't put much stock in their empty opinions.

Ian

#249542 - 11/28/08 01:41 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Anonymous
Unregistered

They're all bored already and too busy frantically googling for Tyros 4 info to post here.

#249543 - 11/28/08 01:47 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:
They're all bored already and too busy frantically googling for Tyros 4 info to post here.

Only thing boring us happy Tyros3 users are the empty comments from critics who haven't even tried it.

#249544 - 11/28/08 03:04 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
I must admit to really be able to make a solid judgement on a keyboard you need to take it home, have it in your studio / bedroom or whatevr and tweak and customise it to your needs/likings.

when you play a keyboard in the shop u are restricted to the headphones / speakers they provide which isalways going to be misleading. and how many people at home just leave their keyboards at the factory settings? probably a very small percentage right?

I owned a Tyros 2 for over a year and a half (i think) and i really got to the know the board inside out. I played a Tyros 3 in a shop for about 45 mins to get afeel of it and experment with the upgrades / new features.

I hope my post above in this thread did not take any offence to the yamaha clan as I had no intention to "bash" the Tyros 3. it is an awesome keyboard. I think the reason why some people buy and change alot of keyboards is becuase they get their hands on something new and think "yep I could make this work", they get it home start working on it, maybe a couple of gigs and then realise.. hmmm... not what i thought it would be - i want to try something different (which is what happens to me as newer and better things come out).

The best input I can give to a comparison of the Tyros 3 agaisnt other boards like korg (dont really want to compare with Roland / ketron as I have never played one for more than 5 mins) is that The Korg definitely hands down has far more detailed and punchy drum kits which make a keyboard come alive. There was a lot you could do with a Tyros 2 - compression and EQ wise but no matter how much u tweaked it you cannot get the same sound as the Korg or Rolan Drum kits hence why myself and others on this forum have changed over to Korg / Roland etc.

I personally think the above paragraph is good advice for anyone considering purchasing a Tyros keyboard and comparing with other boards. Yamaha have thrown some unbelievable solo sounds and features into their boards, but IMO the drum kits are still holding me and other arranger players back from purchasing another Yamaha...

Nick

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 11-28-2008).]

#249545 - 11/28/08 04:57 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
but IMO the drum kits are still holding me and other arranger players back from purchasing another Yamaha...

Nick

Nick what type of music do you perform....this in itself is another big factor in a buying decision regarding drums/bass etc.....I would say yea if your a hard driven rock or dance orientated player, but if your more laid back, Jazz, Easy listening, Ballroom, etc then its not much of a concern at all.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online