SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#249526 - 11/27/08 03:47 PM Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

Just wondering how your getting along with your Tyros 3 arrangers....its been a while and not much is being talked about....

Hello out there T3 people!!

#249527 - 11/27/08 03:55 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
They're all wishing they had a PA2x with OS 2.0!!!!!

Just Kidding!

#249528 - 11/27/08 04:17 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
hahaha they are spending too much time on the Korg website listening to the demos

Just like you ay Donny? when are u gonna go back to a PA 800? I know you want to

Nick

#249529 - 11/27/08 05:43 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
From what I've read on other forums, most are enjoying every moment of using their T3s and discovering new and exciting things about them every day. Just because they're not posting about their experiences does not mean they are not having fun exploring their new keyboards.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#249530 - 11/27/08 05:46 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
hahaha they are spending too much time on the Korg website listening to the demos

Just like you ay Donny? when are u gonna go back to a PA 800? I know you want to

Nick

Nick...
I have the uncanny ability to get rid of KB's just before they improve them with new OS I honestly enjoyed the PA800......
too busy now with Xmas gigs next month to think about it..... Glad to hear your enjoying yours.

#249531 - 11/27/08 06:02 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I read posts everyday from Tyros3 owners at 3 other forums............like maybe it's the atmosphere here?? -charley

#249532 - 11/27/08 06:13 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

So what are you saying Charley this is a NO Tyros 3 zone

#249533 - 11/27/08 06:24 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Originally posted by travlin'easy:

Quote:
Just because they're not posting about their experiences does not mean they are not having fun exploring their new keyboards.

That may be the case Gary. OTOH, when a keyboard is considered by many the current "top of the leader board" and the bees knees in form and functionality (minus some functionality i.e. - the lack of a real Sampler, lacking PRO Drum kits, lackluster new Concert Grand Piano, etc.; and minus some form i.e. - only 61 keys, short throw sliders, plastic shell casing, etc.) then perhaps the reason people aren't talking more about the T3 or being overly enthusiastic and thrilled about it to the degree people think they should is because there's nothing really to write home about concerning the T3. And furthermore, many people could have already sold it or sent it back within the 30 day money back warranty from the dealer. What really surprises me, is that hardly anyone has posted any User demos of the T3's sounds, styles, and/or User songs; which means to me that folks don't have the gumption or enough enthusiasm to do so apparently. And which speaks volumes to me about the T3 right there.

Best,
Mike

PS: I'm waiting for the T4 (or whatever they end up calling it), which will hopefully have 76 keys, a real Sampler, PRO Drum kits, longer throw sliders, a more friendly and better functioning Music Finder feature, and a more structurally sound outer shell casing. Dream on right?

#249534 - 11/27/08 06:42 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

Mike if you remember the T2 was talked about for a very very long time with much excitement...but I dont see this to be the case with the T3 for some reason?
That's why I originally asked.It just seems weird...& you make some fine points.

#249535 - 11/27/08 06:55 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Mike if you remember the T2 was talked about for a very very long time with much excitement...but I dont see this to be the case with the T3 for some reason?
That's why I originally asked.It just seems weird...& you make some fine points.

No one is talking about the Roland G1000 anymore either...and it is just as good as it always was..

#249536 - 11/27/08 06:59 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
No one is talking about the Roland G1000 anymore either...and it is just as good as it always was..

Especially the Great Chord Sequencer feature amongst so many others that arrangers today still cant compete with.

#249537 - 11/27/08 07:17 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Nick G Offline

I really think the Tyros 2 was a benchmark in the arranger world but the Tyros 3 just seems to be the same thing with a few enhancements...

being a Yamaha player and owning alot of their high end boards (Motif XS, Tyros2, PSR 3000) i now have discovered that there is alot more out there...

I cant get over the quality of the drums in the korg. and to me the PA 800 is Korg's midrange but its sound engine and feature capabilities shine with the best of the best for only 2 thirds the price!...

#249538 - 11/27/08 07:24 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

I always though the T3 was released to soon after the T2 with too little....maybe if they waited another year or so and added a few features that players really wanted by listening to their needs instead of assuming it would be better received?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-28-2008).]

#249539 - 11/28/08 10:59 AM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'll reserve my judgment until I can actually spend some quality time playing the T3. Information I've heard directly from actual owners, both over the phone and via email, has all been very positive. Most of the negative comments seem to come from non-owners, those that have no hands-on, actual experience with the keyboard other than playing one in a store for a few minutes.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#249540 - 11/28/08 11:21 AM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Now playing 3 weeks with the Tyros 3,it is so
much fun to play with.
No time to react at this "anti" Tyros posts.
If you own one with real good speakers,you have the best keyboard for this moment.

Impuls.

#249541 - 11/28/08 11:35 AM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by rattley:
I read posts everyday from Tyros3 owners at 3 other forums............like maybe it's the atmosphere here?? -charley

Me too, Charley...I also get lots of great e-mail feedback from my Turos3 clients.

Gary is right...most of the critics here on SZ have never even played it.

I wouldn't put much stock in their empty opinions.

Ian

#249542 - 11/28/08 01:41 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Anonymous
Unregistered

They're all bored already and too busy frantically googling for Tyros 4 info to post here.

#249543 - 11/28/08 01:47 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:
They're all bored already and too busy frantically googling for Tyros 4 info to post here.

Only thing boring us happy Tyros3 users are the empty comments from critics who haven't even tried it.

#249544 - 11/28/08 03:04 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Nick G Offline

I must admit to really be able to make a solid judgement on a keyboard you need to take it home, have it in your studio / bedroom or whatevr and tweak and customise it to your needs/likings.

when you play a keyboard in the shop u are restricted to the headphones / speakers they provide which isalways going to be misleading. and how many people at home just leave their keyboards at the factory settings? probably a very small percentage right?

I owned a Tyros 2 for over a year and a half (i think) and i really got to the know the board inside out. I played a Tyros 3 in a shop for about 45 mins to get afeel of it and experment with the upgrades / new features.

I hope my post above in this thread did not take any offence to the yamaha clan as I had no intention to "bash" the Tyros 3. it is an awesome keyboard. I think the reason why some people buy and change alot of keyboards is becuase they get their hands on something new and think "yep I could make this work", they get it home start working on it, maybe a couple of gigs and then realise.. hmmm... not what i thought it would be - i want to try something different (which is what happens to me as newer and better things come out).

The best input I can give to a comparison of the Tyros 3 agaisnt other boards like korg (dont really want to compare with Roland / ketron as I have never played one for more than 5 mins) is that The Korg definitely hands down has far more detailed and punchy drum kits which make a keyboard come alive. There was a lot you could do with a Tyros 2 - compression and EQ wise but no matter how much u tweaked it you cannot get the same sound as the Korg or Rolan Drum kits hence why myself and others on this forum have changed over to Korg / Roland etc.

I personally think the above paragraph is good advice for anyone considering purchasing a Tyros keyboard and comparing with other boards. Yamaha have thrown some unbelievable solo sounds and features into their boards, but IMO the drum kits are still holding me and other arranger players back from purchasing another Yamaha...

Nick

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 11-28-2008).]

#249545 - 11/28/08 04:57 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
but IMO the drum kits are still holding me and other arranger players back from purchasing another Yamaha...

Nick

Nick what type of music do you perform....this in itself is another big factor in a buying decision regarding drums/bass etc.....I would say yea if your a hard driven rock or dance orientated player, but if your more laid back, Jazz, Easy listening, Ballroom, etc then its not much of a concern at all.

#249546 - 11/28/08 05:18 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
JCkeeys Offline

Disagree Donny!!!
I do not play out anymore but no matter what "Kind of" music you play the Drums/Bass (and overall sound) on the Tyros are not "Live"!! The Tyros is a very fine OMB KB ... for some? And who am I to say different! But what kind of music you play does not change the equation ... The KB does NOT sound "LIVE!! It sounds like a CD!! Period! For some that is OK ... For others NOT!! The type of music you play does not matter. There is no right or wrong in this oppinion ... it is just that ... "an oppinion'!!
Some like a Toyota and some a VW!! Whatever!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by JCkeeys (edited 11-28-2008).]

#249547 - 11/28/08 05:54 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

Jc as you say it sounds compressed like a CD....& isn't that exactly what all these DJ's who actually perform far more then most live OMB acts use ?....& aren't the people happy at all these DJ weddings & affairs because of the CD music?....so in essence the audiences aren't to concerned with the CD sound vs what you call live...& believe me I know what live is I've been in a 7pc live band 25 years ...& solo 17 years and have played almost everything out there on stage many many gigs with Yamahas KBs thru the years also & never once has anyone ever said "hey those drums sound like a CD" .....
you play, they enjoy, you get paid...
it's simple. IMO too much is put on the sound vs the talent.

kind regards

dp

#249548 - 11/28/08 06:21 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
JCkeeys Offline

Agreed Donny ... The "Talent" Always Rules!!!!
But I think you would agree when someone "Hires" LIVE entertainment they expect something diffenet than a DJ!!
Just like when you go to Pizza Hut (hope you never do!! I know I don't! My Mom would role over in her garve!!!) You get what you get!!! My point .... We are talking about what "We" hear as musiciains not the audience!! I am totaly with you ... You could probably play "Any Arranger KB" on the planet, and if you are "Entertaining" No One Would Care what your playing!!

Just a side note ... It could even be (God Forbid) MIDI FILES!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by JCkeeys (edited 11-28-2008).]

#249549 - 11/28/08 07:40 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

Jc, I'll agree with you on the live aspect when someone hires a band & there are different musicians & probably no need for an arranger KB ....the overall sound would definitly be different & not necessarily better depending on the musicians.. then just a OMB KB power solo act of any kind....

As a side note...secondly why the resentment of playing on top of SMF?

PS... Pizza Hut is NOT pizza YUK

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-28-2008).]

#249550 - 11/28/08 09:12 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
mr9000 Offline

I know i'm going get egged for this,however the T3 is simply a flop that for some mysterious reason some have readily dished out thousands for..so whats next outta ya Yam a T3.001 with an extra slider for 4000$?

#249551 - 11/29/08 01:20 AM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
I know i'm going get egged for this,however the T3 is simply a flop that for some mysterious reason some have readily dished out thousands for..so whats next outta ya Yam a T3.001 with an extra slider for 4000$?

Nothing "mysterious" about why people have bought Tyros3...it is a great arranger, and for a "flop" it is selling remarkably well and getting wonderful reviews.

Have you actually tried it?

Ian

#249552 - 11/29/08 06:36 AM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:

May I ask why you prefer a psr9000 vs any of the newer Yamaha models available ?

#249553 - 11/29/08 06:49 AM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
ianmcnll Offline

Perhaps he is content with his present arranger?

It's been known to happen.

#249554 - 11/29/08 08:10 AM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Tryggve Offline

Loc: Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Just wondering how your getting along with your Tyros 3 arrangers....its been a while and not much is being talked about....

Hello out there T3 people!!

Hello! On Monday I will return the T3 I`we
tried out for a few days. Not that it is a bad KB.. its very good ,even better than my T2..a little..The sound that I work whith are allmost the same. Would like to have them in a box,to use whith my PA2X...that would be the perfect kombination. PA2X arranger,and T3 right hand sound. I hope the Audya will arive soon,I`ll try that on, We`ll see. Tryggve

#249555 - 11/29/08 08:30 AM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Probably actually playing their Tyros' in their free time rather then living on the computer.. I am constantly amazed by it and it has inspired me to build a new DAW and upgrade to Sonar 8P from 4P. I have nothing negative to say about the board. I have no intention of selling it as I did the PA2x after 16 weeks.

It does all I need it to do and no feature goes unused (except the Harmonizer) The TC-M is far better than any keyboard harmonizer.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 11-29-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#249556 - 11/29/08 09:04 AM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tryggve:
Hello! On Monday I will return the T3 I`we
tried out for a few days. Not that it is a bad KB.. its very good ,even better than my T2..a little..The sound that I work whith are allmost the same. Would like to have them in a box,to use whith my PA2X...that would be the perfect kombination. PA2X arranger,and T3 right hand sound. I hope the Audya will arive soon,I`ll try that on, We`ll see. Tryggve

Well at least you tried it...the T3 is NOT for everyone.

Good luck with your Korg

#249557 - 11/29/08 09:06 AM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
It does all I need it to do and no feature goes unused (except the Harmonizer) The TC-M is far better than any keyboard harmonizer.

I'll agree with you there, I love my TC- M

#249558 - 11/29/08 08:58 PM Re: Wheres all The TYROS 3 PLAYERS?...haven't heard much lately on SZ?....
JCkeeys Offline

Donny .. Just kidding about the Midi files
I know there those who are not in favor of using them .... I am not one of them. I'm with you on this one!!! By what ever means .. Be entertaining and make $$$$$!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online