SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#249517 - 12/01/08 08:16 PM Re: if you buy a new keyboard
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Lots of SUSTAINED voices along with lots of arranger voices...maybe will get you someday.

But the instruments Algorithms to handle polyphony will hopefully kill the notes that are least important. I know with the new OS2 Korg updated this to work better (they say)

But, I haven't tested it. :-). :-)
Maybe I will invite some friends over and we will see how many sustained piano notes (amnd other layerd sounds along with them) we can get going along with the most complex styles?

Ha, Ha....
I would be ready for the nut house!

Lee

#249518 - 12/02/08 11:26 AM Re: if you buy a new keyboard
mr9000 Offline

DikiWrote:"I can't for the life of me ever remember when I needed more than 128 notes polyphony..."

Come on..diki..you telling me if my keyboard could handle 256 voices that you would Not have....poly envy!

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 12-02-2008).]

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 12-02-2008).]

#249519 - 12/02/08 12:38 PM Re: if you buy a new keyboard
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Arimis wrote:"If you decide to buy a new keyboard novadays, what will be your shoice? Which keyboard do you buy?
yamaha tyros3, korg pa2xproi korg pa800 or waiting a new one?"

I would not buy another keyboard.
If I were not limited to the choices you provide, I personally would like to have a module, or two, based on the technology and features of any of the boards mentioned above in addition to some not mentioned, e.g. the Ketron Audya and Roland G-70 or E series. In that way I could have the benefits of an arranger board along with any size-feel-weight controller (I have several) that I choose for a specific gig.
Ciao,
Jerry

#249520 - 12/02/08 04:48 PM Re: if you buy a new keyboard
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Not a chance, Mr9000...

There are many things I DO envy on other arrangers, but polyphony isn't one of them...

Without giving up my G70, I would LOVE to have the T3's guitar section, the PA2Xpro's sampler, and those wonderful SA2 voices. But I couldn't give up my G70's wonderful piano, drums and B3 (amongst many other OS things like the Makeup Tools) to get them...

This is why I'm so mad at the manufacturers for not standardizing the arranger codes so you could MIDI two together. Dumb, just plain dumb! Don't they WANT to sell more arrangers? I honestly think that if you could easily link them together, most of us here would have at LEAST two, and Donny would have them ALL

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online