SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#248932 - 11/23/08 03:31 AM Re: Tyros 3 x Roland e-80, which one is better for OMB?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:
......it's quite obvious which one has been designed with the professional gigging musician in mind.

Nope, those keyboards are ment for the home market, not "proffessional gigging".
But, some brands are better build than others, that's correct.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#248933 - 11/23/08 04:53 AM Re: Tyros 3 x Roland e-80, which one is better for OMB?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Nope, those keyboards are ment for the home market, not "proffessional gigging".

Correctomundo.

The E-80 is clearly a home keyboard, where weight and ease of transport are less of a consideration.

#248934 - 11/23/08 05:25 AM Re: Tyros 3 x Roland e-80, which one is better for OMB?

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Correctomundo.

The E-80 is clearly a home keyboard....

So are the Tyros etc.
Never seen any advertising from any of the arranger (autocomp) keyboard manufacturers
where they directly aim this kb's to other than the home market.
The fact that some use it that way, don't mean it's the so called "pro users" who are
the market segment.

GJ

#248935 - 11/23/08 05:50 AM Re: Tyros 3 x Roland e-80, which one is better for OMB?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
So are the Tyros etc.
Never seen any advertising from any of the arranger (autocomp) keyboard manufacturers
where they directly aim this kb's to other than the home market.
The fact that some use it that way, don't mean it's the so called "pro users" who are
the market segment.

GJ

I agree wholeheartedly...even the G70 is a home keyboard, although it tries, rather unsuccessfully, to straddle both segments, and please everybody.

I don’t know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

Sure some pros use arrangers, but the majority of buyers are amateurs and/or home users.

Having said that, the Tyros, because of it's lighter weight and removable speakers, is clearly more portable than the E-80.

Ian

#248936 - 11/23/08 05:50 AM Re: Tyros 3 x Roland e-80, which one is better for OMB?
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Quote:
Never seen any advertising from any of the arranger (autocomp) keyboard manufacturers where they directly aim this kb's to other than the home market.

Not correct! Korg has always marketed they arranger top models towards professional players. Here is an excerpt from the Pa800 brochure:

"The Korg Pa80 is the most successful Professional Arranger keyboard ever produced. Used by tens of thousands of musical professionals in every country of the world, the Pa80 is the industry standard. So, developing the next generation of Arranger from Korg - the Pa800 - required we understand the needs of the modern musical professional whilst respecting the technology chosen by so many musicians worldwide."

Kind regards,
Tommy

#248937 - 11/23/08 05:58 AM Re: Tyros 3 x Roland e-80, which one is better for OMB?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TommyF:
Not correct! Korg has always marketed they arranger top models towards professional players. Here is an excerpt from the Pa800 brochure:

"The Korg Pa80 is the most successful Professional Arranger keyboard ever produced. Used by tens of thousands of musical professionals in every country of the world, the Pa80 is the industry standard. So, developing the next generation of Arranger from Korg - the Pa800 - required we understand the needs of the modern musical professional whilst respecting the technology chosen by so many musicians worldwide."

Kind regards,
Tommy

Reason for edit:

Upon reflection, you are right Tommy...Korg is trying for the pro in their ads.

Not sure how successful it will be in the North American market.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-23-2008).]

#248938 - 11/23/08 06:12 AM Re: Tyros 3 x Roland e-80, which one is better for OMB?

Quote:
Not correct! Korg has always marketed they arranger top models towards professional players.

WOPS.... then I was wrong. Any other manufacturer did the same?
Still I'm sure it's the volume sales who are the goal, i.o.w.
the homeusers
GJ

#248939 - 11/23/08 06:20 AM Re: Tyros 3 x Roland e-80, which one is better for OMB?
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Do you believe everything you read, Tommy?

I thought that we were talking about how the keyboard manufacturers market their instruments. I just quoted the Pa800 brochure.

Kind regards,
Tommy

[This message has been edited by TommyF (edited 11-23-2008).]

#248940 - 11/23/08 06:23 AM Re: Tyros 3 x Roland e-80, which one is better for OMB?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
I thought that we were talking about how the keyboard manufacturers market their instruments. I just quoted the Pa800 brochure.

Kind regards,
Tommy

Please see my revised post Tommy...
you are right...Korg is trying for the pro market.

My "tone" was just to indicate that a lot of this is marketing hype, and was not meant as a personal slight.

Ian

#248941 - 11/23/08 06:24 AM Re: Tyros 3 x Roland e-80, which one is better for OMB?
Dnj Offline

Fran & I had a rare night off together last night & decided to go out for diner with the ladies & bounce around to catch a few Live acts in the area. First place great Italian food & a very pretty girl doing a power single act using a Roland E500 arranger/vocals & Flute......second place for Irish coffee & deserts a 1700's Tavern in a Philadelphia suburb a great Player/Singer using a Korg Pa800 & Bose Pas......a real nice evening of music & friends.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online