SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#248770 - 11/23/08 03:38 PM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
Dnj Offline

I'll say this again all these pissin contests everyday about sounds, styles, mean squat its all about HOW YOU UTILIZE THEM AS A PLAYER....that is the bottom line...all this what is the best stuff is meaningless ...."what the music sounds like" that is being played is the ONLY thing that is important & of any relevance no matter what gear you use old or new..
All else is just talk talk talk.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-23-2008).]

#248771 - 11/23/08 03:49 PM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Anymore Donny.., I wonder if it's even possible for us not to make "rainbows" with any topic posted Regardless.., someone always seems to have bladder issues
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#248772 - 11/23/08 03:58 PM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Crickets chirping....

#248773 - 11/23/08 04:56 PM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Anymore Donny.., I wonder if it's even possible for us not to make "rainbows" with any topic posted Regardless.., someone always seems to have bladder issues

Yes Squeak even Wii can cause massive "Incontinence" always is quite quodlibet which IMO will never end....it's sad. Arranger KB's take teh back seat of the bus every time.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-23-2008).]

#248774 - 11/23/08 05:14 PM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Yes Squeak even Wii can cause massive "Incontinence" always is quite quodlibet which IMO will never end....it's sad. Arranger KB's take teh back seat of the bus every time.

When you point your finger at others, you have three pointing back, gentlemen.

Like you guys never entered the "arena of incontinence" yourselves....who ya tryin' ta kid?

You guys are priceless.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-23-2008).]

#248775 - 11/23/08 05:31 PM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
Dnj Offline

one two cha cha cha

#248776 - 11/23/08 05:37 PM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
one two cha cha cha

Same to you, Donny.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-23-2008).]

#248777 - 11/23/08 06:26 PM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, guys, but I trust my ears a lot more than the unsubstantiated ramblings of a few die hard organ fans. Where are these figures? Where is the page that says the Ateliers have 24bit uncompressed samples? Where is the information about the s/n ratio, or frequency response? Or are you, as I suspect, sitting around going 'well, I ASSume that it MUST have these figures, because it's, well, so expensive!' I mean, they wouldn't charge that much because there are idiots willing to pay that, would they?

Apparently, it's easy enough to tell if one keyboard is lesser than another from web demos. You trust your ears on that, don't you? So why is it so hard to accept that you ought to be able to as easily hear something supposedly 'better' if it is $28,000 more expensive?

Look, folks... for that kind of money, I had better not be scratching my head trying to see if I can discern ANY difference between the Atelier and the G70 (other than the Tones it doesn't have)... it had better grab me by the nuts and stuff them down my throat It had better dislocate my jaw It had better leave me satiated in a puddle of my own juices

I certainly can't hear $28,000's worth of difference... can you?

Crickets chirping....

#248778 - 11/23/08 06:47 PM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
BTW, I VERY carefully compared the G70 and FantomX together, through a good system. I couldn't hear ANY difference in s/n, frequency response, sample quality (on samples they shared), or overall tone balance.

The FantomX was Roland's absolute TOTL WS. With it's BEST D/A's available. Not a single Roland product ever claimed better. Hence my reluctance to drop nearly $30k on something that doesn't even CLAIM to have better specs.

Sorry, guys, but uncompressed samples and a slightly better s/n ratio didn't make the Oasys a viable product... there are STILL far more Fantoms, Motif's and Tritons on the radio today than Oasys's. Apparently, the guys that do this for a living don't think you have to spend gobs of money for a few db difference no-one is ever going to hear.

And I'm STILL waiting for that 'I GOTTA have one of these!' demos from the Wersi and 'home organ' fanboys... Do you chaps ever actually play them, or is it more of a Spinal Tap scene where you sit around and just look at them and go

'NIGEL: Just listen for a minute....
MARTY: I’m not....
NIGEL: The sustain...listen to it...
MARTY: I’m not hearing anything.
NIGEL: You would, though, if it were playing, because it really ... it’s famous for its sustain...I mean, you could, just hold it....'

Yeah.... just listen to that sample rate! Well, at least you could if you POSTED ANY MUSIC

#248779 - 11/24/08 12:20 PM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Sorry, guys, but I trust my ears a lot more than the unsubstantiated ramblings of a few die hard organ fans. Where are these figures? Where is the page that says the Ateliers have 24bit uncompressed samples? Where is the information about the s/n ratio, or frequency response? Or are you, as I suspect, sitting around going 'well, I ASSume that it MUST have these figures, because it's, well, so expensive!' I mean, they wouldn't charge that much because there are idiots willing to pay that, would they?

Diki,

Its well known that many manufacturers utilize better components in their higher end products and the result is a broader frequency response and lower signal to noise ratio. For example... Roland made the R880 Reverb as well as the SRV330 reverb which supposedly used many of the same algorithms. The R880 was around $5K, the SRV330 about $1K. While some of the algorithms may have been similar the sound of these two devices was in no way similar. The R880 utilized high end 24 BIT Burr Brown AD/DA converters, WIMA high grade capacitors throughout, and two power supplies, one for the analog side and one for the digital side. Auditioning these two units side by side using the same type of rooms, halls, or plates would easily open anyones ears as to why there was a huge price difference.

Roland also uses these same build methods in their professional keyboard line. Their top of the line instruments have better AD/DA, high end capacitors, and more robust power supplies. Just because they don't tout these differences doesn't mean they don't exist.

I know you believe your beloved G70 to be on par with the Atelier Series but I'm sure if you put them side by side you wouldn't be saying that they were comparable. Sometimes you do have to play an instrument in person to know the sonic differences.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online