SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#248730 - 11/20/08 06:12 PM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Some of you may know Alex Green from the PSR forum. Alex went from a Tyros2 last year to a Roland e80. After he heard and played Roland Atelier Organ he bought one, then upgraded. He tells me once he played the Roland Atelier there was no going back to an arranger. Alex retired from gigging some years ago and only plays at home.

#248731 - 11/21/08 12:39 AM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Atelier pretty much has the high end home organ market to itself now, and deservedly so. There's nothing even remotely comparable.

#248732 - 11/21/08 01:02 AM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Keep the instrument, I'll take Yuki Wada.....even with her "legislation burrons"

#248733 - 11/21/08 05:00 AM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Eddie.., that's funny. I feel bad for the Japanese when it comes to some english words (or even individual letters). The Japanese do not have the R sound in any of the 3 alphabets they use. The R sound in english makes an L sound in the Japanese language. In the US we add the R sound to Japanese words. Take Tereyaki for example. In the Japanese language that's actually pronounced Teleyaki

So words like registrations can sometimes come out as legislations Yuki can play her little tail off though. In some of her vids it's obvious that she's classically trained.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 11-21-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#248734 - 11/21/08 05:54 AM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!

To me languages have always been a source of fascination.
It is a new revelation to me that "the japanese have three alphabets"... I intend to study this.Thanks.

What is nevertheless strange, is that she manages to pronounce "buttons" as if she were american when she says "burrons" )

cheers
Eddie

#248735 - 11/21/08 06:13 AM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I have to agree with abacus that the new Roland Ateliers sound samples were very noticeably in a better sound class to anything Roland have previously done.

#248736 - 11/21/08 06:20 AM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

You'll have some fun with Japanese. This was my main language of study in college. All I can say is that IMO it's by no means an easy language to learn. Learning to speak it is one thing.., but learning to read and write it.., man oh man will it have you scratching your head at times. Plus learning the customs as well is interesting. Such as the difference in how you greet your friends, and how you greet an elder. The Japanese culture is strict on "respect" (like many of the Asian cultures)....

If you speak english.., learning other languages like Spanish, Italian, French, and so on aren't so bad because at least you're still using the same alphabet (with some minor variations).., but when you get into the Asian languages it's a WHOLE'NOTHER WORLD!

Yes..., in Japanese you'll learn 3 alphabets. Those are the Katakana, Hiragana, and the Kanji. The first one (Katakana) is a very simplistic form of Japanese text.., and one of the things this alphabet is used for is to write words that are not native to the Japanese language. So right there you can get an idea.... With enlgish we at least can use the same alphabet (even for non-native words), but the Japanese have a whole separate alphabet reserved for that!

Learning to write and read these alphabets is a challenge

How's this for irony..., my Japanese instructors name was Yuki.. There's also another variation of that name which is Yumi Both of these are very common female names in Japan.

GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#248737 - 11/21/08 07:05 AM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!

I have always been amazed by the people I have met in business who can speak and understand japanese.
I, myself, have varying speech and writing skills in french,german,spanish,italian,and russian with a few hours only of chinese...therefore I have great admiration for those who have studied the oriental languages.
Nevertheless, I have now the intention to obtain some japanese.
Thanks again
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

PSR9000

#248738 - 11/21/08 07:19 AM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

You're welcome or "Do itashi mashite" I think I spelled that right (been a while)... You'll sometimes see the letter U on the first part making it Dou itashi mashite. (I've seen it written both ways)

In english you'd pronounce it Doh-ee taa shee-maa shee tay. Man.., it's been a while since I've written this stuff

#248739 - 11/21/08 09:28 AM Re: Yamaha Stagea ELS-01C..WOOOWWWEEE!!!!!!!
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Quote originally posted by Diki "Roland use demoers that don't SUCK...

Mind you, at, how much are they? $8-10k? they can afford better than the schlubs they make do the arranger demos."

More like 28,000 and up for a full console.

This is the General Arranger Forum so from that viewpoint Diki is absolutely correct.

However for a hobbyist or someone that loves organ and there are still quite a few,
The modern organ is way ahead of the arrangers in term of playability and
convenience. Not many people are going to be able to use it to make a lliving however. Especially in the US

The original synth was not the Moog - but the Pipe organ LOL

I guess I'll go duck my head now!

Jerry

PS

I was referring to the Atelier Organ vs the G70.

[This message has been edited by Mainer (edited 11-21-2008).]

[This message has been edited by Mainer (edited 11-21-2008).]

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online