SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#248518 - 11/18/08 12:11 PM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Shame they are no longer with us...

As you know, I do play piano quite a bit on my arranger (two handed, that is!), so sadly, anything with a 61 pretty much has to go to the bottom of the pile.

BTW about the velocity thing... personally, I have a problem with playing really hard in one hand, and softly in the other... Both tend to track around roughly the same, especially if you don't concentrate really hard!

Oh, and chony, the changes to velocity are not immediate. There IS a 'hold' in the function (just not user adjustable) that stops it jumping up and down too rapidly. If you haven't tried it, don't knock it quite yet... Used subtly, as we have been trying to say, it is pretty good. Use it to make dramatic differences, and yes, it is more difficult.

In combination with snare sounds that have four levels, even small playing differences can make subtle changes to the 'tone' of the drum part. It's hard to explain, but on the right material, it's pretty good at giving you the impression that the drummer is actually listening to you!

Now if only all REAL drummers did that!

#248519 - 11/19/08 07:28 AM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Diki ... My wife and I spent this past weekend in Newport RI, celebrating our 45th wedding ann'y (which is actually next Sunday) ...Fri nite we went to listen to a jazz group - piano, bass, drums, male vocalist (Mel Torme style) - a really GREAT group ... I commented to my wife that she should listen to how the drummer was playing in accordance with what the soloist - bass or piano - was playing ... sometimes during 'fours' they would do a 'call and answer' ... it was amazing how you could almost hear the drummer play the same 'notes' as the piano or bass ...
OMB players will often express thanks for the 'hassle free' life (and I wonder how much of the hassle THEY might have created ), but there is NOTHING like live musicians playing off each other!!!

t.

#248520 - 11/19/08 08:24 AM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
.... but there is NOTHING like live musicians playing off each other!!!

Amen to that conclusion!

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#248521 - 11/19/08 10:15 AM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
The Kurtzweil did something I have never seen on an arranger. It changed the arrangement styler on the fly depending on the chord played, IF you moved to a minor the style would not only adjust to the minor key but would change as if you selected a different variations,
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#248522 - 11/19/08 11:05 AM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
The Kurtzweil did something I have never seen on an arranger. It changed the arrangement styler on the fly depending on the chord played, IF you moved to a minor the style would not only adjust to the minor key but would change as if you selected a different variations,

When I played my G1000..I designed some styles to switch from a swing to a latin beat via after touch...Used these styles for tunes like Green Dolphin Street..

#248523 - 11/19/08 12:04 PM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Most modern TOTL and MOTL arrangers (and even some lower ones) can change patterns depending on what chord you play, maj/min/7th/dim, etc., but how much that affects the accompaniment is primarily in the hands of the style composer. It is seldom you will see a style change radically depending on chord, but that doesn't mean you can't do it!

You can assemble styles quite easily out of other styles on Roland's (and probably others too), so if you WANT something this radical, it's fairly easy to say grab the min patterns from one bossa, and add them to the major patterns from another, etc., etc..

So, in fairness, it isn't really the machine, it's the guy making the style...

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online