SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#248498 - 11/16/08 06:10 PM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My problem with the system is there is no 'hold' parameter. So you have to bang away constantly for the volume to not drop down again. And as it's velocity, rather than volume, you can't hold it with a pedal. Having to constantly play hard (despite what the sound or the phrase might need) to keep it there can be fatiguing, or interfere with rapid passages.

If there was something you could program to say 'hold' the velocity jump for four bars, or eight etc., it might be a bit more globally useful. As it is, on the whole I only use it for VERY subtle things on the drum track alone. There is only an ON/OFF for the feature, and the amount per style track, but no other parameters. It might also be better if the velocity to trigger it could come from ONLY the NTA area, whereas, at the moment, even a loud lead line note can cause it to work, possibly not what you need. I'd rather trigger it with LH only...

Does Yamaha's or Korg's implementation offer more in the way of control? (Trigger points, hold window, trigger point for a return to normal, etc.?).

On the whole, I just think it is like the Guitar Mode on Roland's... very NEARLY a great feature, but hampered by a few basic needs. Hopefully, someone is listening...

#248499 - 11/16/08 06:13 PM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
Diki Offline

Interesting to wonder why only now Donny's getting worked up about the feature, if all his prior Yamaha's (3k, S900 and T1) and the PA800 had it too...

Is it that easier to operate on the Roland?

#248500 - 11/16/08 06:15 PM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
And the most important part of the Dynamic arranger feature playing is you have to KNOW HOW TO PLAY with that degree of feeling...its a style of playing all in itself let's not forget that shall we?

Absolutely Donny... It's one thing being able to set the dynamic arranger up, it's another to be able to play it.

A technique that, imo, is more about "finesseing" (if I might be permitted my own word there )the keys rather than just simply hitting harder or softer.

Dennis

#248501 - 11/17/08 03:41 AM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
Princess Offline

Loc: Michigan
HI the korg pa 800 will trigger a fill in just as the technics 3000 did when using the left hand....Paula

#248502 - 11/17/08 04:40 AM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Diki. When I had the Korg i3 & i30 you could set them to switch on & off style parts relating to key pressure. It worked very well. Not sure if the later model contain this.
More advanced than the Yamaha option where the complete style go up & down.

#248503 - 11/17/08 07:17 AM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Ketrons do all of the above as well. I haven't used it except to experiment a little, but I'm probably missing out.
DonM

#248504 - 11/17/08 07:38 AM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Dynamic Accomp as Technics did it, is quite different from what
we see/hear here.
How I miss that feature, when give a little extra punch to the
left hand (if thats' your choice), "the band" responded very nice.
Quite different and sure more real/live from the ordinary fills
we're used to.

The first brand who steal and add that function as well as the
Composer and Panememory functions from Technics, could easily be
my next Arranger Keyboard brand.

Cheers
GJ

Right, Gunnar, the 'Dynamic Accompaniment' gave a different feel to the style - more animated, I would say ... but you turned the feature on with the "Dynamic Accomp' button ... I have it on my kn1000, which I still own ... gonna have to get it out and play it again ...

You are also right about the other technics features which are part of the reason I still use my kn6000 ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Princess:
HI the korg pa 800 will trigger a fill in just as the technics 3000 did when using the left hand....Paula

Princess - I never played a kn3000, but the 'Dynamic Accomp' feature on the kn1000 did more than trigger a fill - in ...
But how did the kn3000 do that?

t.

#248505 - 11/17/08 09:04 AM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
... But how did the kn3000 do that?

Yeah, KN3000 does also have that nice feature. As you say, not only create a fill
that is very different from ordinary fill, but also very smooth variation and a
movement in the ordinary pattern. Different for each accompvariation too.
This changes for each time you do the extra pressure, and you can adjust how hard
you have to do that extra press on keys before anything happens.
Don't remember how many different variations there is, but it sure make the little
extra to make it more live when play.

If Korg PA800 have this, maybe PA2X as well? What do Korg kall it?

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#248506 - 11/17/08 10:01 AM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
Princess Offline

Loc: Michigan
HI...the pa800 will trigger just the normal fill 1 or 2 or break if set up that way,I don't use it I use the pedel,I had a kn3000 and that was so long ago, and I don't recall the technics 6500 having that feature.I am far from being an expert with these key boards learning every day,and having lots of fun,I really did enjoy the technics, I did not wan't to put any more time into this keyboard to have it break down and have to start all over again and it was quite some time before I began liking the Korg,now that I understand the Korg more I find it to be just great,I still think the sounds on the technics were the best////Paula

#248507 - 11/17/08 12:30 PM Re: Does Tyros 3 have DYNAMIC Accompaniment ?
Diki Offline

Pressure, or aftertouch triggered actions are a bit of a problem for me. Because I also play piano, my touch is a little on the heavier side than many arranger only players, and having things like fills or part switching happen in response to aftertouch leaves me at the mercy of accidental occurrence, when I play loud...

It might be better if there was a control that allowed you to set up the aftertouch trigger VALUE, so that only the heaviest of pressure would trigger it, but so far, most of these things will trigger even at low to moderate pressure. Play a big horn stab, or a fortissimo on the piano, and next thing you know, the damn arranger's taking a fill!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online