SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#248471 - 11/16/08 05:14 PM Re: T3 questions
zuki Offline

It's all about diversity my friend. I don't think I need to double up on one instrument and not explore the total musical experience.

I plan to do major recording now, with my studio setup in place. I'd love to have both boards.

To answer your question: I do love the studio quality sound of Yamaha - strings, pianos - SA, etc.

This, in no way, thwarts the beauty of Korg - to reiterate, just the best of two worlds.

Stayed tuned...........

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#248472 - 11/16/08 05:17 PM Re: T3 questions
Dnj Offline

OK Jim......this is getting exciting!! so your selling the pa2x or having all 3?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-16-2008).]

#248473 - 11/16/08 05:53 PM Re: T3 questions
TP123 Offline

Loc: Fla. / Nashville
Please tell me about how you use the TC Harmony M unit...

is it me or is the harmonizer in the Tyros not good? Is the one in the T3 any better than the T1 or T2?

Thanks

Tom

#248474 - 11/16/08 05:57 PM Re: T3 questions
Dnj Offline

All the yamaha VH are mostly the same & sub par at best ....no where near the quality & superb Voice tracking of the
TC Harmony M....listen to the demos & watch the demo videos....& you decide.
http://www.tc-helicon.com/VoiceToneHarmonyM.asp

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-16-2008).]

#248475 - 11/17/08 10:22 AM Re: T3 questions
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
I love this place, keeps life exciting. Donny great talking to you today, thanks for your help.

I had the chance demo at length a T3 couple of weeks ago. I like!! Do I like better than the Pa2xpro, well it's close. Will I sell my Pa2xPro for the T3, you just never know? Let's see what OS2 brings to the table. I've been using Korg for the last year and for sure it's a gigging musicians dream board, I really love the navigation thru Songbook. I do miss the the amount of support for Yamaha products. If I had to make the choice today and my money tree hadn't died I'd have both, wouldn't mind the G70 either. "It's the Same Old Song" they all have their strong points and I like each of them for what they bring to the player.

BTW I recently purchased the TC-Helicon Harmony M. Whoa, great piece of equipment, been by passing the built in TC Helicon on the Korg since making the purchase.

If you are gigging I would stick with the Korg...as far a the TC in the Korg goes.....I think they bought the NAME. Because there is light years between the Korgs and the real deal. I asked TC about this at Summer Namm. They told me it was not even close and old technology. I thought at the time maybe they were just trying to sell me on the new stuff.........They were right I can now claim no built in harmonizer is much more than a rehearsal tool.

Get the TC Helicon M or G they are great for the money.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#248476 - 11/17/08 12:40 PM Re: T3 questions
Dnj Offline

King frog good info Thanx

#248477 - 11/17/08 12:48 PM Re: T3 questions
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Most EVERYTHING in arrangers is 'older' technology

Possible exceptions are SA voices in T2 (SA2 in T3 comes, switches and all, from the MoXS series), but the chips that power them, a lot of the samples they contain, and the effects sections are usually scavenged from older WS technology.

Korg's are based on Tritons, to a large extent, Yamaha's on older Motif technology (with some upgrades, now), Roland's on older FantomX technology, VK tech, V-Drum tech... all basically off the rack rather than bespoke.

If you want to see where arrangers may be in four or five years, take a look at what WS's are doing NOW

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online