SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#248428 - 11/16/08 01:47 AM anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Hi All,

I am after the following yamaha styles converted into korg format so i can play them / edit them in my PA 800...

here are the styles I need:

- Ibiza 2002
- Bolero Lento
- Beguine
- Guitar Rhumba
- Spanish Paso
- Pop Flamenco
- Vintage Guitar pop
- modern broadway ballad

if anyone has these or can convert them for me it would be super!!!

thanks!
Nick

#248429 - 11/16/08 08:18 AM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
zuki Offline

Nick,

Are you familiar with this forum? They have all sorts of great information there, including some 3rd party styles. I can say it's a bit difficult to find really good ones.

http://www.createsongstyles.com/forum/index.php

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#248430 - 11/17/08 01:28 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Nick,
I think I've got most of those for my PSR. I could run them thru EMC for you, but you'll probably need to do a fair amount of editing.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nick G:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#248431 - 11/17/08 03:26 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Hi Rikki,

thanks for the reply,

i have actually made my own versions of some of these styles, I more or less want the bass lines and drum tracks so i can just modify them to the Korg Drum kits etc.

if you could convert these ones for me ide much appreciate it!

- Bolero Lento
- Beguine
- Spanish Paso
- Pop Flamenco
- modern broadway ballad

thanks!

Nick

#248432 - 11/17/08 07:41 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Nick,
I'll send them to you shortly.
Bear in mind , EMC sometimes does a lousy job of converting some of the drum tracks.

Have you considered doing them midifile to style?
ie turn psr style into mid file, do your drum track editing in pc sequencer, chop it up into the various parts ( fills , variations etc) & then use the import & copy functions in the PA800 to add them to your styles.
I normally use Power Tracks Pro 12 to do my drum editing. It splits a drum track into individual tracks, makes note & velocity editing a lot easier.

Then I just transpose the tracks to suit the korg drum mapping.
I just keep a copy of the psr drum maps & the korg PA1X drum maps (in the manual )that I downloaded from the Korg site. Not 100% identical to PA800, but close enough.

BTW did you get any dance styles? I've got a few from various sources if you want them.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
Hi Rikki,

thanks for the reply,

i have actually made my own versions of some of these styles, I more or less want the bass lines and drum tracks so i can just modify them to the Korg Drum kits etc.

if you could convert these ones for me ide much appreciate it!

- Bolero Lento
- Beguine
- Spanish Paso
- Pop Flamenco
- modern broadway ballad

thanks!

Nick

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#248433 - 11/17/08 07:55 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
How come everyone seems happy to pay rather a lot of money for EMC software, and it doesn't really work?

Isn't there SOME way to get this guy to bugfix and improve this?

If he's the only game in town, we need another player...

#248434 - 11/17/08 08:08 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Diki,
I agree with you 100%.
I bought the SW then discovered it has lots of problems...

He tried to sell me an upgrade for $300 last year. I told him no way...until he fixed the darn thing so it worked a lot better I wasn't going to spend a dollar.

I still thinks it's the same...

Sad, Yes it would be nice to get another player.

Lee

#248435 - 11/17/08 08:50 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Diki Offline

Yep... about time it's users kicked up enough of a sh tstorm that he either goes broke or fixes it. It ain't right to sell software that doesn't work...

Especially given all the great FREE software for Yamaha's and Roland's that DOES

#248436 - 11/18/08 08:06 AM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
leeboy Offline

Diki,
The best I think we can do is PUBLICLY communicate that buyer beware as it is not such a good product. Some do get some use of it...but it is not as advertised.

One thing for sure they did not get my $$ for the upgrade version!

Lee

#248437 - 11/18/08 11:58 AM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Diki Offline

I guess when you are the only guy doing it, you've got your users over a barrel.

Given all of Jørgen's expertise and programming skills, isn't it about time he tried to make some essential software that he could SELL (enough freebies for those Yamaha freeloaders!)?

And, of course, at least if he did it, it would WORK!

#248438 - 11/19/08 01:08 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Diki,
because regrettably it's the only way I can convert some of my old Technics & Roland styles to korg format.
I've had EMC since about 1992, I just upgrade every few years.

If I was only trying to convert the odd psr style, I wouldn't bother with EMC. Can do it more accurately manually, does take a lot more time though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
How come everyone seems happy to pay rather a lot of money for EMC software, and it doesn't really work?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#248439 - 11/19/08 06:13 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:

Klaus does an excellent job with his program, and is always on top of it to make improvements...The program works fine...Conversion from SMF..has to leave room for personal alteration...

Klaus 's program has been used by many keyboard manufacturers..

And yes I know this first hand..I had the privilege of marketing EMC software in the USA, for a few years...

#248440 - 11/19/08 08:53 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Diki Offline

Fran, have you TRIED some of those EMC Korg to Roland translations?

They don't even get the chords right, let alone allow for the fact that Roland has ONLY one bar fills. Majors often play minor chords (Maj7 and 7th are OK, though). Do you actually use it much?

#248441 - 11/20/08 07:26 AM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
leeboy Offline

Fran,
What in the world have you been smoking?

Everyone knows that program is not what it should be...it is full of problems.

Yes it basically works, but the results sre not useable in most cases.

I have it, I paid $350 for it, Ive used it and I'm not giving him another cent until he fixes it to work much beter.

Sorry, nothing personal, you just hit a sore spot!

Lee

#248442 - 11/20/08 01:17 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Fran, have you TRIED some of those EMC Korg to Roland translations?

They don't even get the chords right, let alone allow for the fact that Roland has ONLY one bar fills. Majors often play minor chords (Maj7 and 7th are OK, though). Do you actually use it much?

Diki, not only have I tried them...I use some...

I see no problems you mention..all the basic chords are reading correctly..Yes the fills are short, but maybe justified because of the apparent problem with in the Korg design..

The only problem I did notice is the arranger bass sometimes translates to a oboe or muted trumpet...I think it is because of a bank with in the Korg, that was not calculated...
It is so simple to correct and save the bass change..I corrected my Korg PA library in no time on the G70..

What makes you guys think that the problem is all EMC...maybe the user has something to do with it...and maybe the PC...

All I know is my old program still works fine for me,,

PS: I don't smoke anything.....and I hate to smell it on anybody else...

Now if waffles and ice cream can effect what I perceive..than I am guilty..

#248443 - 11/20/08 01:22 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Diki Offline

Plenty of waffling there, for sure.

Fran, the problem is that Korg translation fills are too long, not too short... You REALLY sure you know what we are talking about?

#248444 - 11/20/08 01:32 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Fran Carango Offline

Yes..I do..the Korg fills apparently are converted to one measure in the Roland format..That is what I was referring to...maybe eliminating the current Korg problems..

#248445 - 11/20/08 01:33 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Fran Carango Offline

Diki..email me and I can send you the converted styles I use..Then you can tell me...

#248446 - 11/20/08 01:47 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Rolman Offline

Loc: Germany
Quote:

Fran, the problem is that Korg translation fills are too long, not too short... You REALLY sure you know what we are talking about?

This seems to be a new knowlegde, on my G70
fills can be as long as I wish. (Version 3)
Perhaps the EMC software doesn't know?!
Greetings
Peter

#248447 - 11/22/08 07:52 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Fran,
no doubt Klaus puts a lot of effort into uppdating the program, problem is the styles are getting far more sophisticated & obviously more difficult to convert from one format to another.

My last upgrade was to EMC XT so that I could load & convert my PA800 styles. As far as I'm aware EMC still won't load a PA800 1.51 o.s. style ( guitar mode was introduced with this upgrade). I check every few weeks to see if there's been an update.

3 years ago I upgraded to EMC's Plus Package for use with my SD1+. It gave note event list editing (of sorts) I could delete data ( controllers & notes), alter data, but couldn't add data.
Unfortunately it also removed controller data from any yamaha styles I tried to convert to SD1 format. Maybe the program works better when converting TO Roland format, than it does to others, because the same yamaha styles that lost all the control data when converted to SD1 format, stayed intact when converted to roland first, then from roland to sd1.
Suppose it's not really up to EMC to supply note editing functions for a Ketron keyboard. It should be Ketron themselves supplying software for note editing functions of styles.

As for just the occasional wrong instrument, I should be so lucky, ever tried playing minor intro's & endings that have chord progressions??

Even with all it's problems , I still wouldn't be without it, though I doubt I'll ever bother upgrading again.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fran Carango:
[B] Klaus does an excellent job with his program, and is always on top of it to make improvements...

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#248448 - 11/22/08 09:13 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
Diki Offline

The thing is, at several hundred dollars each, this is no freeware or shareware cheap and cheerful program. This is the same price as many desktop programs that are state of the art.

As such, upgrades should WORK (they cost enough!), and the program should work flawlessly. If Jørgen made this for free, you would cut him a LOT of slack. But several hundred dollars?

I want something that WORKS for software that expensive...

#248449 - 11/23/08 08:44 AM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
leeboy Offline

So, what is Klaus doing right now...when he should be working on this $350 program.

No one is going to give him more $ until he takes care of a few issues.

It's a good program in general like Rikki said, but it needs some work. Is he even working on fixing the known issues??

Maybe all users of his program shoud communicate this to him? Then see if anything changes...I hope so, as if it really worked 99% then he would sell tons of them.

You know, I write code for a living (every day), I make plenty of mistakes and my customers know that I will take care of the bugs...in a timely manner, that's why they come back for more work.

No matter if your 1 guy or a big company, if you don't take excellant care of your customers...they go away!

Lee

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 11-23-2008).]

#248450 - 11/23/08 01:36 PM Re: anyone have the following styles converted to korg format??
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Diki,
for those of us who want to convert Technics, Roland or Ketron styles, EMC has got us over a barrel, no one else writes a style conversion program that will convert these.
Fortunately not the case for converting a psr style, there's ways around it, though more time consuming. At least I don't end up with wrong notes in minor intro's & endings, and tempo changes in the intro's & endings stay intact. ( something else EMC removed)

Be great if it was as simple as changing a Roland .sth or Ketron .pat extension to .mid & turning it into a midifile like you can with the Yamaha .sty extensions, Unfortunately doesn't work as you're no doubt well aware of.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
The thing is, at several hundred dollars each, this is no freeware or shareware cheap and cheerful program. This is the same price as many desktop programs that are state of the art.

As such, upgrades should WORK (they cost enough!), and the program should work flawlessly. If Jørgen made this for free, you would cut him a LOT of slack. But several hundred dollars?

I want something that WORKS for software that expensive...

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online